It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time Jesse Ventura and Donald Trump Discussed a 2016 Presidential Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Watch me reminisce about That Time I Discussed a 2016 Presidential Run with Donald Trump! That's right: today on Off The Grid, I'm revisiting an interview I did with the Donald in late 2014 for his podcast, "We The People."This was well before Trump announced his 2016 presidential run...and well before I got ushered in by Big Media as a potential running mate. It's pretty clear from our conversation how simpatico we are towards one another: while we don't always agree politically, we reminisce about playing golf together, what our first executive order would be if we were president, and why we each have a bone to pick with George W. Bush.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I would vote a trump/ventura ticket all day.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Not Trump. Not in a million years. No way. I will pack up and leave the country, and I'll do it so fast the door won't have a chance to hit me on the A$$ on the way out. The man is insane.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Start packing because he will be the next president. How crazy can he be ? Sometimes smart people are crazy too, Yes I realize he may be FOS but if he can do a fraction of what he claims then that is better than what Obama has done. I agree with Trump on many things. I don't think Jesse would be interviewing a bad guy, the fact alone that Jesse interviewed him solidifies my vote.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That was a good interview..... however Trump didn't take Jesse serious about being a potential running mate..... good thing too lol.... I've meet Trump once, did a little blue collar work for him.... Trump is all about hard working Americans, real cool dude.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

If you run with trump I will lose all respect for you sir. Don't run with that bigot.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Brother in arms make this happen, then the spirits may arrange for Donald to be incapacitated with the dark arts.

Otherwise you must make Arnold run, it is the only hope for New Atlantis. Even though I say Jesse was the true hero in Predator.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Meh, you two are political operatives -- agent provacateurs. You have a history of joining political parties during election season, then tearing them apart when you leave to go to your 'next assignment." And you always go after the Party Establishment. It's your MO.

"New York tycoon Donald Trump said Monday he won't run for president because the Reform Party is "SELF-DESTRUCTING" and CAN'T PROVIDE THE SUPPORT A CANDIDATE NEEDS TO WIN. "You could only win the whole thing with a totally unified party," Trump said on NBC's "Today." After months of speculation about a possible candidacy, the colorful and controversial billionaire said he was dissuaded in part by the departure of Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, who had been an ally of Trump's. He also took a shot at former Republican Pat Buchanan, who is seeking the party's nomination, and his unlikely supporter, leftist activist Lenora Fulani. "THE REFORM PARTY IS A TOTAL MESS," Trump said."

AND

Jesse 'The Body' Ventura bodyslams national Reform Party
Minnesota governor says national party stymies growth

February 11, 2000

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN)-- Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura stayed true to his word Friday afternoon and severed his ties to the Reform Party's national organization, saying the party's entrenched establishment operates in such a way that growth within its ranks has been stymied since his 1998 election.

Ventura was the so-called 'third party's' highest elected public official. Rumors have persisted for days that he had had enough of his dealings with the national organization, and was intent on walking away.

"I am announcing today that I am disafilliating myself from the Reform Party," Ventura told a clutch of reporters outside the Minnesota statehouse.

Gov. Jesse Ventura

"I believe the national party is going in the wrong direction, and is becoming what we in Minnesota do not want it to be," he said.

edit on 22-8-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Offer Free* Wi-Fi for the win.

*To be defined at a later date.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
...and well before I got ushered in by Big Media as a potential running mate.

Running mate..?

In order to fill those shoes you're gonna have to respond to people's questions - you can't even do that here...

Good interview otherwise.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Trump as president is a truly scary vision. the effect he has on people is scary. its like the rise of the American bully.

in Boston a homeless was beaten up by some yahoos which then went on to tell the cops “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported” and what was trumps reaction when confronted with that story ? “It would be a shame,” and directly after that : “I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate.”

passionate people loving their country beating up homeless with metal bars. yeah way to go murica.
hope Mr. Ventura wakes up and starts opening his eyes to what this sad new american wannabe hitler is all about.
sad and scary thats what comes to my mind.
edit on 23-8-2015 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yes please! And Sarah Palin for Sec Def! Trust me, it's a good plan of defense, she can see Russia from her house. I'd put Tom Cruise in State so he can have direct talks wil NK. That would be the greatest conversation ever.

Why does America want to destroy my people?

Tom: because you feed them plastic grapes.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
He's a bigot? Sounds like you got duped...

a reply to: snypwsd

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Trump and Ventura would kick a lot of behinds and not put up with corruption like our current mess does. The reason there is so much corruption growth after Obama election is because maggots home in on crap and they love it. Same with Clinton's, they attract the corrupt because they know what they want to do will be covered.

So we could patch up the country and clean it up, or we can vote for some establishment crony just so many can rest assured they will get some free handout and go back to their couch and case of chips, which you would still get with someone disconnected from the criminal political establishment.

I would vote for Trump and Ventura just to see the Obama lovers wringing their hands and crying at the wailing wall and pulling out all their hair at every imagined negative thing they created in their own minds to cry about.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for paving the way for the cessation of trade embargoes with Cuba, Mr. Ventura.

However, you really should choose your friends more carefully, if you intend to be taken more seriously than just a hoarse, CTE suffering "rassler" with a pulpit.

edit on 24-8-2015 by PresidentHeston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

I think it's horrible, and I think the idiots that would take it to that level are using Donald Trump as a nice excuse. These are two bad men, two guys that belong in jail- and just because they use Donald Trump as an alibi doesn't permit their crime should go unpunished. You can blame anybody. And you can't blame Donald Trump, Donald Trump's entitled to say what he feels and say what he believes. And if people are going to be influenced by it, well then blame the people influenced by it. They're the ones acting it out. Do I agree with Donald Trump on immigration? Absolutely not. But I more so disagree with violence, and the violence was perpetrated by these two individuals. It was not perpetrated by Donald Trump, they're not that stupid. They did the violence for their own, selfish reasons.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I agree. That's the one thing you can say about Donald Trump and myself- we won't be bought. In the case of myself, I don't have the money. Donald has. Donald doesn't need to worry about being bought, he can buy anyone himself. But he doesn't have to take money. He doesn't have to fall victim to the current bribery system that I've spoken about many times that run our government. And I do it simply because I have ethics within myself that won't ever allow me to take special interest money for public service. That's the one thing that Trump and I would both have going for us, and for very different reasons, maybe, is that both of us could not be bought.

top topics

join