It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody here like the 2017 BMW's ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Last month I scored big time pulling into McDonalds and there were about 7 Camo Prototype BMW's parked.

I took gobs of pictures. Currently submitting some of the best pictures to certain car mags.
I am hoping to get some of them published, so please dont ask me to post any here just yet, but they can be seen at the SOURCE.
I currently have the images posted at my site and they are compressed and reduced in size with a blatent silkscreen over them for my copyright protection.

I have never before captured let alone viewed a true prototype Camo car.
I thought it was cool as heck.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 20/8/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Nothing really different cosmetically.. Didn't read anything on specs tho

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lol,... well considering the yelling to I got in German for even taking the pictures, I dont think the specs are even published yet.

If you zoom in on the originals, you can see easily the screwed on plastic panels to try to disguise the body contours.

I think by this time next year the specs will be published.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Mercedes in my opinion has been innovating their products year after year since 2009-2010. BMW is stuck in a rut, no 'wow' factor at all.
BMW is stuck in deciding if it should be doing affordable luxury or high end luxury.
Mercedes on the other hand figured this out flawlessly imo. the CLA, CLS, the C-class (the 2016 is basically a small S-class), the E class, and s-class etc. and tech and safety wise Mercedes is also a step ahead. the S-class can basically drive itself.

(I own a C-class and a 328Ci, I wont buy bmw anymore. )

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Appreciate the info. Not being a euro car person I cannot say I know alot about the companies or the cars.

The videos I took really pick up what sounded like a mouthy v8 through duals on one of them..
I was impressed by the sound of it. I am guessing by the note it was maybe around 6L, maybe a bit less or more.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i dont know why you think its a big deal, theyre present day cars in vinyl wrap for some promo.

edit on 20-8-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku
They are probably next years "face lift models". You can make out the plastic panels they used to hide the outlines and replaced lights. You can get some money if it´s a higher type model from magazines, I once got 100€ for two photos of what turned out to be the new AMG SLS black series photographed in Stuttgart while leaving the gas station. Lousy payout...

I let someone have a look at those pictures, I have a good feeling he can tell me what model type and probably the motor details.
edit on 20-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

edit on 20-8-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It´s not that big of a deal seeing one, sometimes I´m 2-3 hours ond the road per day so for me it´s not that uncommon to see a "Erlkönig" that´s how we call them. Around Afalterbach(Stuttgart) you have the "black jets". Theres a traffic circle at the Mercedes AMG facility where you can see and hear their "jets" take off, all covered in black plastic panels and canards, your eyes get so confused, even when you see them comperatively "slow" overtaking you from behind. The only photos worth some money could be the BMW ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I am guessing by the note it was maybe around 6L

I HIGHLY doubt it. The 2016 M5 has a 4.4L.

Here are some good "spy" shots of the 2017 5 series.
edit on 2020150820151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2020150820151 by Domo1 because: Missed the part where you said you aren't into European cars - You should get into them, way more fun in every way

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Well, these were photographed near Moab Utah. Not very normal around here for sure. I have lived alot of places, and this was my first time. Including Detroit, which surprised. I enjoyed the experience.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Lol, these arent production cars wrapped in a Geico or Papa Johns advertisement.

These are pre-production test mules from Germany. Nobody but the engineers have seen them unclad and unwrapped yet.

Big deal to me. I dont mind.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes Yes and YES! Thank you for sharing! I am a huge BMW enthusiast. I have 3
I am dyiiiiinnnnng to see the 2016, 7 series. The technology on that thing is insane. Like nothing else on the market currently. I'm glad they are pushing the boundaries a little with 2016/17 models. I'm excited to see what's in store. The models have been a little boring for a few years.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I just read the M8 comes with a 600 to 650 hp in a 4.4L.

Outrageous for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Not surprised, they're getting 575hp out of the M5 right now and the gas mileage isn't all that bad. Freaking thing runs a full second faster than my car (when mine was stock) 0-60. I wonder what I would do if I squeezed in an extra 300 hp.

I'm looking forward to the M8 getting released!

Any luck getting responses from magazines?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Any feedback yet from your source? I am curious.

Nothing yet from my mag inquiries. But it is the weekend.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I did not forget you, he was at my house this friday and I showed him the pictures. To be honest he was not really interested looking all to long at the pictures. But at least he send a whatsapp to a friend of him, if it´s ok to swap numbers because of this erlkönig thing, I send him the pictures via email and asked if he could identify. He said he will look at thm and come back to me at monday and now I wait for a reply. That´s why I did not post yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Thank you and thank him for me. I am just curious so whenever is ok.

Thanks again.
edit on 24-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
just a quick jump in: nothing as of yet. :-/
Will have to poke him with a stick...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join