It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Those who are really in control played a game one day taking a gay monkey out of the jungle and made it President. They laugh at all those who actually believe this monkey is doing something if anything at all. That's it in a nutshell boys & girls.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
In addition to the taxes and crippling debt and unemployment, add on a change general tone in the US....
-Patriots, veterans, conservatives, and gun owners being called "potential domestic terrorists" by the DHS, and later targeted by the IRS.
-Militarization of police.
-Massive changes to our military including the firing of top generals, restricting Christians and chaplains even going so far as threatening punishment for having a Bible on deployment.
-Race relations seem to have been set back a few decades, started by Obama publicly speaking out about cops arresting a Harvard professor as "acting stupidly." Something which was extremely unprofessional...
-Telling conservatives "get over it, we won" when negotiating Obamacare....one of his campaign promises of course was no back door/closed door dealings, everything would be broadcast on CSPAN and all bills posted online (we all remember "we have to pass it in order to know whats in it"), no insurance companies would be involved, etc...
-Unwilling to say "Islamic extremism" in the face of obvious terrorist attacks on US soil, instead calling such attacks "lone wolves" and "workplace violence." Meanwhile when a white kid shoots a black church he's a representation of a larger problem...
-Telling FBI/NSA and DHS not to focus on Muslims...along with opening up immigration to those from the middle east and telling the Border Patrol to stand down, leaving the southern border wide open, Obama is surely setting the next administration up for a significant attack

Grumble covered most of what I wanted to say already.
But this garbage.

1) Private citizens have been targeted by the IRS/DHS for decades. This is not new. Now it's a conspiracy? Nope.

2) Militarization of the police has been building for years prior to Obama. It really started picking up after the 1997 bank robbers. Obama has actually spoken out against police having military equipment. It's a touchy subject though, because they always throw gun control into the conversation. Nope.

3) The firing of top Generals for inappropriate conduct.
Chaplains can be Christian, but they can't promote Christianity. That's the way it's always been, and is appropriate. It's not just Christians in the military, and a chaplain has to be there for everyone, regardless of religion.

4) Race relations have indeed become strained. The vitriol from GOP is disgusting, oh but they aren't racist, right? The media is sensationalizing events, and everyone expects the POTUS to respond. Is this new? Nope.

5) Obamacare, (ACA). Really? Were you born yesterday? GOP demanded changes to ACA or they wouldn't vote for it. Dems, and Obama, in good faith made those changes and resubmitted ACA. GOP still refused to vote for it, but lost the majority in elections. ACA was pushed through. I would have preferred to see the original ACA get pushed through, but at least we have something. And the thing everyone complains about, the fines for not having ACA, that's what GOP insisted on. It's a matter of public record. 100% on the Dems? Nope.

6) I don't know enough about the terrorist thing to really comment, so I agree this may be an issue.

7) Yes. Focusing on one group is bad. It's called profiling. It's just another example of the "Brown Law", and yes, that's racist.

And this. pleasecutthecrap.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamHill
Those who are really in control played a game one day taking a gay monkey out of the jungle and made it President. They laugh at all those who actually believe this monkey is doing something if anything at all. That's it in a nutshell boys & girls.

Correction. Your words are compiled of pure hatred and ignorance in it's purest form.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamHill

I would think even the GOP candidates for President would be apalled by your bigotry. But maybe not...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Grumble

What Conservative votes?

Conservative Ds. Moderates, if you will. Dems in red districts who needed to be placated in order to save their careers. Democratic bills tend to be compromises as the lacks unity as compared to Rs.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Grumble

a reply to: FlySolo

Musolinni made the trains run on time also.

Just sayin'

That has absolutely no meaning. When you have lost, just shut up and take it gracefully.

Just because you fail in comprehension, it does not obligate me to use smaller words for your understanding.

I do not lack the ability to comprehend anything.

When you are defeated in serious argument you resort to name calling, straw men, red herrings, generally off topic comments and other fallacious arguments to avoid admitting you are wrong. I have seen you do it over and over on this forum. Lots of words, little impact. Unless your purpose is to divide and dilute.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Good. You had us all concerned.

When you are defeated in serious argument you resort to name calling, straw men, red herrings, generally off topic comments and other fallacious arguments to avoid admitting you are wrong. I have seen you do it over and over on this forum. Lots of words, little impact. Unless your purpose is to divide and dilute.

Your opinion.

But it's my opinion that you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Lots of things. obamacare, debt increasing from $10 trillions to $18 trillions, open borders allowing minors who are criminals to be let into the country as long as they are illegal immigrants, socializing the first American car maker, and having the gall to tell them what sort of cars they should be building...

There is more, but i just suddenly got depressed by typing the above... I wonder why?

Obamacare - covered.

Debt - the great increase was caused by Bush policies and the Bush recession. If you haven't figured out that Borrow & Spend is the republican MO, then you are not paying attention or too dumb to understand.

Minor criminals? Really? More deportations than Bush, by the way. Check the facts.

If he didn't "socialize" GM, there would be no GM. He saved many thousands of manufacturing jobs by doing that. Which was opposed by southern GOP politicians because their corporate constituents are foreign manufacturers, by the way.

Yes, you should be depressed. Here we were all having a good time since Bush left office and you spent it being negative and hateful for no good reason. Too bad for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

He ordered a deadly drone strike on an American citizen without a proper trial. After he did that all bets are off …

This is the most credible anti-Obama issue posted. I find this deeply disturbing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You can list the Bush policies and how much it's cost for the last 7 years right?

Details will be required.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
You have to understand that Obama is the first completely owned and created POTUS that was installed into power and never did anything on his own to get where he is. He's been nurtured and helped his whole life and is just a complete phony. His academic accomplishments are fake, his background is a mystery or has been secretly covered up, his political career has been very carefully staged. We've had others who have had help getting where they are( Bush 43) or have been compromised and controlled once they got there( Clintons), but Obama is owned outright by the puppet masters. He's the literal empty suit, the cardboard cutout, the wax dummy they put in front of the cameras. So anything and everything he does is suspect in that he has zero personal input in any of his decision making. I'm glad he was less of a salesman than was hoped for and his mediocrity in intelligence and personality flaws have hindered his pushing his anti US agenda. But now he's just ruling by edict and we're letting the stooge get away with it. The whole government is compromised which goes back to the fact that both parties are working together and are controlled by the same puppet masters. That's the only way his idiotic plans go unchallenged and voted down.

Do you have any evidence for this? There is plenty of evidence that you are wrong. Why should anyone take this seriously instead of dismissing it as conspiracy minded lunacy?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Good. You had us all concerned.

Your opinion.

But it's my opinion that you're wrong.

Yes, all opinions are equally valid.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What Conservative votes?

Conservative Ds. Moderates, if you will. Dems in red districts who needed to be placated in order to save their careers. Democratic bills tend to be compromises as the lacks unity as compared to Rs.

Yup..
Democrats, not GOP.

Just what I suspected.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You can list the Bush policies and how much it's cost for the last 7 years right?

Details will be required.

Har, har, you funny with all that sarcasm and stuff.

Bush policies - huge tax cuts, two wars, enormous expansion of unfunded entitlement (medicare drug).

Bush massively increased the deficit, then the economic crash at the end of the Bush administration exploded it. Obama took office at a time when the debt was expanding rapidly. It has taken years for the economy to recover, but now (2104) the deficit is down to 2.8% of GDP. Reagan averaged 4%.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm just frankly shocked that you even have to ask this question.

Do you not keep up with what is going on in this country? Do you honestly have no idea what Obama has done?

That is ignorance, my friend.

This isn't politics. I can list every stupid thing Bush did. It's not about politics or parties.

It's just plain scary what's happening to this country under the past presidents---all the way back to after Kennedy.

Study. Read. Get with it my friend. You've got to see what's going on.

Your question is like admitting you;re still in kindergarten.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Here's the real money numbers....

edit on Aug-19-2015 by xuenchen because: surprise

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I think you may be suffering from the ostrich effect

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think people have a short attention span. A LOT of the things I hear one side complain about are things that presidents before him have been doing...sometimes in even greater amounts.

He played golf. He took vacation. Big deal. Tell me any profession with huge responsibilities that doesn't take time off on a regular basis.

And I said this when Bush was president, the president is not the sole decider for all things in the world. We have an entire government of republicans and democrats who have gave bad advice, made bad choices, etc. I think Obama was ill experienced, sure. But the foaming at the mouth reaction to his presidency is nothing but weak minds manipulated by government, media, and a lack of personal responsibility to research and remember only things that support their current opinion. That is harsh and I apologize as I always try to respect each side, but come on...

This general attitude of a chunk of the american people is like a mental illness more than some educated logic. We read our choice of biased news and bash people for doing what other people have been doing for centuries...YET if they try something different, we are sent into a tailspin of panic and negativity.

Truth of the matter is, Obama was used as a sacrifice. Whoever took office after Bush was going to get ripped apart by the fickle American population (the same population that ensures what a Kardashian does gets more press than what the secretary of state does and the same population that sits back and makes Honey Boo Boo famous while great heroes go unheard of). So, I think the Republicans were quite satisfied with Obama taking responsibility for the previous administration's mess because they could sit back and blame a democrat (even better...a black democrat). People forget that one of the reasons a democrat got in office in the first place is because so many people were disgusted with the Republican party.

Maybe instead of trying to look for a change in politicians, police, and all the other targets of your hate, Americans could start looking at themselves and what good they are actually doing in the world. Are any of YOU solving major life problems? Have your ideas helped the homeless? Have YOUR actions helped keep Christians and Gays from fighting or protected women's health?

Dear God, the country is going ape sh*t over a comb-over tv personality with a great amount of wealth that he got and kept by any means necessary. People are supporting him because of this character he has delivered, because he says things that sound tough...no one cares about his actual education or if his ideas would realistically help the masses. People have ignored his slam against the immigrants (like the ones he's hired in the past) or women (seriously, what self-respecting woman would vote for 90% of the republicans) or the fact that he has no military experience.

We are all more worried about being entertained than protected at this point. So forgive me if I don't trust the majority right now.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

I'm just frankly shocked that you even have to ask this question.

Do you not keep up with what is going on in this country? Do you honestly have no idea what Obama has done?

That is ignorance, my friend.

This isn't politics. I can list every stupid thing Bush did. It's not about politics or parties.

It's just plain scary what's happening to this country under the past presidents---all the way back to after Kennedy.

Study. Read. Get with it my friend. You've got to see what's going on.

Your question is like admitting you;re still in kindergarten.

I just see so much of what you just said and so many generalities and unsupported (often easily disproven) claims, but so little effective, valid argument. In essence what I am saying is, assume I am a kindergartner and know nothing, then convince me. So far I have gotten a few sound arguments and whole lot of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Here's the real money numbers....

I will assume your numbers are valid.

1) Note that the deficit explodes after the economy collapses in 2008. This is due to falling revenues because of less economic activity. So,
a) It was nothing Obama could help, and
b) The idea is to run a surplus when times are good (like Clinton did) and a recession when times are bad (to spur demand and soften the business cycle). The problem was that Bush destroyed the surplus when times were good, in essence not investing in the county and instead paying off wealthy contributors. So he blew the rainy day fun and then when the rainy day arrived, we were screwed.

2) You need to rerun these numbers as a percentage of GDP and adjust them for inflation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join