It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Build a Wall and make Mexico Pay For It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah use punitive actions and blackmail to get them to build it. Way to go, USA.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Walls not only keep people out, but they also keep people in.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
and all mexico has to say is "Nah dont think so"

And that policy is in the dirt

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

Another person that comments without reading the position document.
The payment is detailed; Mexico will either choose the method of payment, or it will be selected for them. The U.S. has plenty of money flowing south that will build that wall.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

The payment is detailed; Mexico will either choose the method of payment, or it will be selected for them. The U.S. has plenty of money flowing south that will build that wall.

I did read it, and they can still say, "No dont think so"

Countries do it all the time

What did Iran just do even under heavy sanctions ? "Nah dont think so thats not good for us, beat feet"

He cant make a country do anything it doesnt want to short of going to war and taking over it

Thats what this idiot doesnt understand, his foreign policy is horrible
edit on 16-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Mexico's president already stated Mexico will not pay to build the wall.

Source

As Bloomberg News reported, “Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto’s administration said there’s no truth to U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump’s assertion that the nation would pay for a wall along the border between the countries.”

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Mexico's president already stated Mexico will not pay to build the wall.

Source

As Bloomberg News reported, “Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto’s administration said there’s no truth to U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump’s assertion that the nation would pay for a wall along the border between the countries.”

looks like there will be Hell Toupe

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Why not build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? They seem unwilling to control their own borders and content to sit back and let the US pay for it.

I'm Scottish and it took me YEARS of endless #ing expense and red tape to be able to move here, not to mention multiple trips back and forth across the Atlantic to facilitate this.

If I had just come over here on a visitors visa and just not gone back or stowed away on a boat or some # do you think for one minute I'd have been legally allowed to just stay in the US ?? Of course not, but some idiotic peasant scrambles across the desert in the dark from Mexico and is suddenly able to live here, work here, and do everything it took me years to be legally allowed to do.

Bottom line. Come here legally or don't bother. Why should that be such an incendiary concept?

I think Trump is a class 'A' trumpet and a coarse bastard but he's singing songs folk have wanted to hear for a long time. This whole thing is getting very interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Im going to build an elevtor to the Moon, and Im going to make Russia pay for it

See I can say stuff too

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Im going to build an elevtor to the Moon, and Im going to make Russia pay for it

See I can say stuff too

Yes but you have no money flowing from your pocket to Russia that can be used as leverage either

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

See I can say stuff too

Yes but you have no money flowing from your pocket to Russia that can be used as leverage either

Trump is not going to use his money to leverage anything, theres no way in hell that Trump is going to put ANY of his money at risk.

And it still doesnt change the fact HE CANT MAKE THEM PAY FOR ANYTHING! They are a country not a probationer in a court system.

How do people not comprehend this?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I couldn't resist posting this. Fair ears be warned...vulgar language in this video.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

See I can say stuff too

Have you never heard of tariffs or taxes? How do you people not comprehend this??? You don't tell them to pay, you make them pay...

Trump is not going to use his money to leverage anything, theres no way in hell that Trump is going to put ANY of his money at risk.

And it still doesnt change the fact HE CANT MAKE THEM PAY FOR ANYTHING! They are a country not a probationer in a court system.

Have you never heard of tariffs or taxes? How do people not comprehend this? You don't ask them or tell them to pay, you make them pay.
edit on 1608America/Chicagopm31America/Chicago165 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Make sure to put land mines and booby traps all around our borders....

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

See I can say stuff too

Have you never heard of tariffs or taxes? How do you people not comprehend this??? You don't tell them to pay, you make them pay...

Ya cause that worked with countries , like oh , I dunno, Iran?

They have military and cartels on our border who have better equipment then our own border patrol does down there lol

They can get anything they want in or out , do you REALLY think they are worried about sanctions some idiot with Orangutan hair is going to put on them?

No, and Isnt the Richest man in the world living in Mexico? You think he wouldnt throw in a few bucks to shut up another rich blowhard from America who thinks hes hot stuff?

Not to mention Trump has businesses over there, if you think hes goign to do anything to hurt his revenue , then you need to put the Koolaid down and step away

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
Just a question aren't the criminals of Mexico really really good at tunnels? I recall one of their high ups escaping prison using tunnels.

If such a wall were to be built then it could be equipped with seismic sensors. Yeah get past those you wascally wabbit

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What happened with this masterpiece ?

Secure Fence Act of 2006

And Obama says....
Obama says the border fence is 'now basically complete'

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I read it. The way he will make Mexico pay for the wall is by charging people who come here or sell things here. He will not be charging the government (with the exception of diplomatic fees). So lets address these:

#1 Increasing border crossing fees. This encourages more illegal immigration, what he is doing is giving people less of an incentive to come here legally and instead save money through illegal immigration. A wall isn't going to stop this because a wall cannot be placed along our entire border. By law, there are sections of the border that the US has given up control of so we can't put a wall across it. A wall is only effective if there are no holes, and we can't do that. Furthermore, it costs millions and billions to patrol and repair a wall but it only takes a few sticks of dynamite to blow it up and drive some trucks through. The wall isn't cost effective which comes back to these fees. People will just circumvent them rather than pay them.

#2 Charges for Mexico to ship their goods here. If we charge Mexico, they raise their prices, when they raise their prices the American people pay that extra tax. This doesn't make them pay, it makes us pay, and it makes us pay a lot because as I already mentioned a wall is expensive.

#3 Higher priced business/diplomatic visas. Mexico will respond by raising the price of their visas and we end up in the same place.

It is not a good plan at all. Also, historically when you force a nation to pay money for something they're unwilling to do bad things happen. See Germany and Greece.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sounds like a good plan to me. Don't know about making the Mexicans pay though, he's got some balls saying that. "Let's act like the biggest thugs on the planet." If it wasn't obvious already.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Sounds like a good plan to me. Don't know about making the Mexicans pay though, he's got some balls saying that. "Let's act like the biggest thugs on the planet." If it wasn't obvious already.

It's a completely unenforceable plan. It encourages illegal immigration, and then makes up the rest by giving Mexicans the reason to pass a higher cost of goods along to the legal citizens buying their products.

If he were being honest he would say "I'm going to build a wall, then let Mexico charge you in exchange for us building it" because that's the end result.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join