It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PP - injecting minced baby brains into mice, growing fetuses outside wombs, etc.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

It's a choice to drive her to the clinic.

Imagine not begging her.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Sounds like you've gone through this yourself, if not, you're a pretty good writer. You have my sympathy for the emotions you must have felt if it actually happened to you.

Question: Should 50% of your DNA rent your girlfriend's uterus for 9 mos. only, or is that a purchase price good for multiple stays for your DNA?

Question: Don't you wish you could get pregnant? Then the decision and obligation of how to spend the next 18-20 years of your life (at minimum) could be all yours (well, except in the world you want to live in, it would be yours, your partner's, and the State's, but still.)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Only 18 - 20 years of your life I still worry about my kids, it hasn't stopped in fact its been added to by grand children?
The worries are far outweighed by the pleasure though in fairness.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This whole thing really has taken the "won't someone think of the children" argument too far.

These are terminated pregnancies, they're unwanted and as sad as that is it's better that they go towards something than sit in a trash bag and eventually left to rot. But hey, everyone loves a good appeal to emotion, and this is probably the best one I've seen.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Whats the big deal??

So what, we eat aborted babies too. Cant let that tissue go to waste now can we?

"It only goes to research".

Yeah, does baby liver taste better in your pepsi or baby brain?

The downward societal spiral is almost complete.

Thank God.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TheLegend
a reply to: boymonkey74

I can't tell if your response is satire. I don't care about spinning words. The act of aborting a baby is called "abortion". If you condone the act then it's "pro-abortion". A "choice" is a more generic term and can mean literally anything. I'm "pro-choice" when I choose to drink tea over water, etc.... Since we're talking about abortion, let's be specific.

Anyway just putting the info out. "Arguments" like this one are too pedantic for me. Enjoy.

These videos show 4 or 5 individuals DISCUSSING actions. How do you, in your mind, extend that to 700 Planned Parenthood locations and 59 affiliated groups?

Guilt by association? Damnation by emotion?

Grounds for investigation.

Follow up: what do you want to do with fetal tissue ... throw it away? Burn it?

Cremation of the child would be preferable.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

First of all, I think we should pay special attention to the "Political Correctness" at play in these discussions ... we aren't talking about fetal tissue anymore, we're talking about "baby parts."

Much more visceral effect, don't you think?

Goes both ways. Pro-Choice is so much softer than Pro-Abortion.

I just want these people to answer one question: if the fetal tissues are not going to be used in research, what is going to be done with them (or their extracts, etc.) throw them away?

Cremate them.

That would create a new politically correct term for fetal tissue: "garbage."

Nope, need something with more syllables for PC terms. Disposable children. Victim of Choice. hmm... Genetically Human Biowaste.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

Disregarding the ethics of what you are saying this company is doing, why is it PP's responsibility to care about what a buyer does with their product? Do you blame Smith and Wesson if someone shoots someone with a gun?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Why? Do you know what happens during cremation? The flesh is burned until it melts and drips off the bone. Have you ever smelled burning flesh? How is that not just as gross as mincing brains?

Burying a body is gross too. The flesh also melts off the bone during decomposition, only much slower than cremation.

What happens to the body after death is just plain gross, but it's a fact of life. Might as well put the body to good use - shows much more respect for it than burning the flesh or letting it decompose.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

First of all, I think we should pay special attention to the "Political Correctness" at play in these discussions ... we aren't talking about fetal tissue anymore, we're talking about "baby parts."

No, there's an actual difference that is VERY specific and means quite a bit. One can be pro-choice but anti-abortion. One can't be pro-abortion but anti-choice. It would be nice if the pro-life crowd would attempt to understand this difference.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Question: Should 50% of your DNA rent your girlfriend's uterus for 9 mos. only, or is that a purchase price good for multiple stays for your DNA?

Question: Don't you wish you could get pregnant? Then the decision and obligation of how to spend the next 18-20 years of your life (at minimum) could be all yours (well, except in the world you want to live in, it would be yours, your partner's, and the State's, but still.)

#1: Newsflash, that's how we are designed to procreate. Our bodies spend a lot of resources maintaining our reproductive systems for a reason, you know.

#2: Every time a person engages in standard heterosexual activity (assuming they have functional reproductive organs) they make that choice.

Question: You like creating false narratives and deflecting from main topic, don't you?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Why? Do you know what happens during cremation? The flesh is burned until it melts and drips off the bone. Have you ever smelled burning flesh? How is that not just as gross as mincing brains?

Burying a body is gross too. The flesh also melts off the bone during decomposition, only much slower than cremation.

What happens to the body after death is just plain gross, but it's a fact of life. Might as well put the body to good use - shows much more respect for it than burning the flesh or letting it decompose.

What do you think is done with the baby parts that aren't distributed?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Why do you care so much? It's dead tissue. That's all. Yes, it COULD have been a full human, but it wasn't. It's dead now. It's not going to do anything else but decompose or burn. If it could be used to save lives that already ARE human and have many social connections to other humans, then I think that would be a good use for that tissue.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No, there's an actual difference that is VERY specific and means quite a bit. One can be pro-choice but anti-abortion. One can't be pro-abortion but anti-choice. It would be nice if the pro-life crowd would attempt to understand this difference.

I didn't say the terms weren't different. I said that Pro-Abortion people like to hide behind the softer term Pro-Choice.

I'm Pro-Responsibility. I support adoption, abstinence, contraception, and taking the child to term if you made the choice to willingly engage in sexual activity. There are consequences for actions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Why do you care so much? It's dead tissue. That's all. Yes, it COULD have been a full human, but it wasn't. It's dead now. It's not going to do anything else but decompose or burn. If it could be used to save lives that already ARE human and have many social connections to other humans, then I think that would be a good use for that tissue.

Because that person was a human being and deserves to be treated with dignity, not like a stolen car at a chop shop.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I didn't say the terms weren't different. I said that Pro-Abortion people like to hide behind the softer term Pro-Choice.

And I said that you are wrong. The pro-life camp INVENTED the term pro-abortion to slur our side. Don't reinvent history.

I'm Pro-Responsibility. I support adoption, abstinence, contraception, and taking the child to term if you made the choice to willingly engage in sexual activity. There are consequences for actions.

Abortion, to some, IS being responsible.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Whatever it is, you can bet it will be "gross", because whatever happens to a dead body is gross, when you really think about it. But I would rather it be gross for a purpose (like saving lives or curing diseases), than gross for no purpose at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Carrion burial is a pretty good way to give back also.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Because that person was a human being and deserves to be treated with dignity, not like a stolen car at a chop shop.

Having your body go to help other people live longer isn't dignity to you? I mean I'M an organ donor so I think that is the ULTIMATE dignity my dead body tissue can do. So don't talk to me about dignity of dead tissue. Your ideas about dignity aren't necessarily everyones.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I am anti-gun. I hate the things. Can't stand them. I have never held one, and I don't intend to. Ever.

HOWEVER, I believe sane, law-abiding people who want guns should be able to have them. I believe it's their right.

I am anti-abortion. I hate the idea. I can't imagine myself ever having an abortion, for any reason.

HOWEVER, I believe women should be able to choose what happens with their own bodies. I believe it's their right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join