It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold Laughing Yoga!.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Begone I don't need your warnings.
My new guru is better then jesus.

I can see that your guru hasn't helped your grammar any.
And besides no one said anything about Jesus.

This was a backdoor sneak attack expanding the argument by boymonkey (deliberately dragging Jesus into a potential grammar war). I would like to know who the new Guru is and why have I not heard of this person?
edit on 12-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

This laughing thing started in the70's when corporate America was trying to help its execs be relieved of stress it caused them by bringing guru's from India who introduced a laughing event at their meetings. Then it found it was missing another market place called the "church" or "Religion" and it is still being used there.

Google "Holy Ghost Bartender" or "laughing in the spirit" and you can get a lot of reading material on this movement.

Now it has come full circle and another guru trying to sell it in this generation thinking it is new.

Nothing new under the Sun.

No one said anything to monkeyboy about being him not being a Christian nor did anyone say anything about Jesus yet he seems to drag it about every time he replies to one of my posts. He was just angry because I gave a warning.

edit on 12-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This laughing thing started in the70's when corporate America was trying to help its execs be relieved of stress it caused them by bringing guru's from India who introduced a laughing event at their meetings. Then it found it was missing another market place called the "church" or "Religion" and it is still being used there.

Transcendental Meditation Techniques and so forth. Hinduism as a "church/religion" ideology. When did the spirit/ soul (internal) "knowing" something intrinsically become an external concrete "belief system" and who organized the change over.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

hasn't helped your grammar any.

hahaha...thats what I call real grammar!!
edit on 12-8-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No one said anything to monkeyboy about being him not being a Christian nor did anyone say anything about Jesus yet he seems to drag it about every time he replies to one of my posts

So whats the big deal. Are you not a christian?

the laughing spirit is once again at work in the lives of men.

beware

You brought spirits into it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It is not about me being christian or not. I never mentioned a religion I said spirit and they are mentioned both in positive and negative in Hinduism as well.

So are spirits or the mention thereof all of a sudden just a Christian thing?

Know ye not that spirits existed long before Christianity?

Does that make all spirits good just because a supposed guru can give you hilarious laughter?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

No spirit is doing anything!! they are not real so don't attempt to say they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Begone I don't need your warnings.
My new guru is better then jesus.

I can see that your guru hasn't helped your grammar any.

And besides no one said anything about Jesus.

Lol nice I type as I speak If you don't like it do one from the thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

5000 year old apparently.
Did you notice Chester coming in here and dissing this because it isn't Christian...he will deny this but it is so obvious.
Anyhow Just awoke and did my 7 mins laughing and I feel fine!.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I do wonder if the true "masters" of the mind aren't ever seen by Westerners. I'm talking about the monks that levitate, move things, manifest objects, hibernate for months/years at a time. I wonder if these people hide themselves from even the renown and "known" guru's.

I mean, if you can master your mind and physical reality in those kinds of ways -- it might be dangerous to be around other people. Also, governments and greedy people might want you for their own means.

I wonder if the teachings that are available to the masses, or even the "initiated" are nothing but watered-down teachings to keep people from hurting themselves and others, loosing their minds, or using the teachings for selfish reasons.

I mean, the shamans of old would always isolate themselves on the far outskirts of the village.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I did get something from the Tibetan Book of the Dead. As I was reading I recognized things and realized people had given these places and experiences names. It also dropped a few puzzle pieces for me. It seems every culture figures out a few truths.
edit on 13-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
For some reason I have the urge to go find my lingam now...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

My new Guru the most funny Mahaguru Ramesh Pandey just reckons we should laugh with yogi

Thing is I have been researching this and the guys is on to something it is really good for depression.
I'm gonna do this with my dudes at work.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I bet Hanuman taught the first Yogi laughter yoga

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Hear we go.

Yogi Ramesh is a born Yogi from India.He started practing yoga at the age of 5 with his Guru Paramanda Maharaj in Himalaya mountain.Yogi belongs to a spritiual family in Lucknow (U.P.] India. He cam to USA in in the year 1984.He has been practicing an ancient science of spritiual yoga for the last 55yrs.He has been teaching students the yoga of divine love,joy and peace for the self realization.

www.universalyoga.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well, pain and depression cause biochemical changes in the body that increase stress hormones like corisol. You don't sleep as well, and the cerebrospinal fluid around your brain doesn't get "cleaned" like it should. If you're constantly miserable and stressed it takes a very real physical toll on the body.

Now that's all scientific stuff -- there may be something about positive energetic fields around people. I think it may all start there. If you're around negative people projecting negative energy, you seem to pick it up and take it. People love to unload their negativity onto others through complaining, arguing, ect ... you can either choose to accept their negative poison, or let it flow around/off you. It's theirs, and you don't have to take it and make it your own if you don't want.

But to often we take that negative energy on, and walk away feeling down or drained. Those other people now feel better, as they aren't carrying around that crap anymore. They should work through it, clean themselves of it instead of handing it off to someone else.

I've been doing a bit of reading about the Hawaiian Ho'oponopono method. It's interesting...

More than thirty years ago, in Hawaii, at the Hawaii State Hospital, there was a special ward, a clinic for the mentally ill criminals. People who had committed extremely serious crimes were assignated there either because they had a very deep mental disorder or because they needed to be checked to see if they were sane enough to stand trial. They had committed murder, rape, kidnapping or other such crimes. According to a nurse that worked there in those years, the place was so bleak that not even the paint could stick to the walls, everything was decaying, terrifying, repulsive. No day would pass without a patient-inmate attacking another inmate or a member of the staff.

One day, a newly appointed clinical psychologist, a Dr. Stanley Hew Len, arrived at the ward. The nurses rolled their eyes, bracing themselves for one more guy that was going to bug them with new theories and proposals to fix the horrid situation, who would walk away as soon as things became unpleasant, around a month later, usually. However, this new doctor wouldn’t do anything like that. Actually he didn’t seem to be doing anything in particular, except just coming in and being always cheerful and smiling, in a very natural, relaxed way.

He never tried to see them personally, though. Apparently he just sat in an office, looked at their files, and to members of the staff who showed an interest he would tell them about a weird thing called Ho’oponopono. Little by little things started to change in the hospital. One day somebody would try again to paint those walls and they actually stayed painted, making the environement more palatable. The gardens started being taken care of, some tennis courts were repaired and some prisonners that up until then would never be allowed to go outside started playing tennis with the staff.

Actually, he used to sit in his office and look at the patients' files. While perusing them, he would feel something, a pain, an empathy. Then he started the healing on himself, taking full responsibility for what was going on with a given patient. That's how those people got better, because their doctor had the strange view that it was himself who needed the healing, not them.

Link

It started as a way on the Hawiian islands to solve disputes and heal people. It's been adapted to the individual (the man in the story Hew Len helped spread this).

There's a really old book that only the University of Hawaii has that is pretty much the "source" material for much of this:

"Hooponopono: Contemporary Uses of a Hawaiian Problem-Solving Process"

Seven case studies demonstrate how the age-old Hawaiian process of family problem-solving can be adapted in innovative ways and applied successfully today to situations ranging from social work with Hawaiian families to drug abuse.

UH Press

I'm all about getting back to the "source" of where these newer authors are getting their ideas, I may pick that book up...

Anyway, the newer practitioners of Hooponopono state:

To reach this state, which Len called 'Self-I-Dentity', one has to repeat constantly, according to Joe Vitale's interpretation, the mantra, "I love you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you."[40] It is based on Len's idea of 100% responsibility,[41] taking responsibility for everyone's actions (once again according to Joe Vitale's interpretation), not only for one's own. If one would take complete responsibility for one's life, then everything one sees, hears, tastes, touches, or in any way experiences would be one's responsibility because it is in one's life.[42] The problem would not be with our external reality, it would be with ourselves. To change our reality, we would have to change ourselves.

Wikipedia

And how is this all done? You basically just focus on someone or something negative and "clean" it by saying: I Love You, I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You.

That's it, and surprisingly...I've had some interesting success. I've noticed less negativity around me, and my life seems smoother. The more I "clean" the negative around me, the better things seem to be going.

It's just another puzzle piece I've been exploring.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm going to learn to say that in Makaton and say it to my dudes at work.
I'm sure someone once said that to me a few years back, I have heard it said anyhow.
Cheers man I'm smiling so it must work.
And always I'm happy I'm relexed

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

where did I say Christian any where before you?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

5000 year old apparently.
Did you notice Chester coming in here and dissing this because it isn't Christian...he will deny this but it is so obvious.
Anyhow Just awoke and did my 7 mins laughing and I feel fine!.

Not sure of the intent. I do know this truth; why do people polarize themselves into the thinking ONLY ONE belief system is valid (AND its always theirs). All are correct or attempt to describe the same thing [the human vs God] or human is God?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Laughing really, really works.

This is coooooooool. Thank you!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join