It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers Turn Up at Michael Brown Protests in Ferguson, Missouri

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Could be because the protests haven't been all peaceful....cops were shot at and another protester was shot by the cops.

And whomever said they look like cowards, I guess you failed to understand most of these guys are ex military that carried similar weapons into their deployments.....so anyone with a gun is a coward? I guess by that line of thought, anyone with a car is lazy?

All they did was make things worse and muddy the waters.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Correct, 'Oath keepers' wouldn't know the constitution if you recited it for them over and over for 24 hours straight.

My guess would be 97% of US citizens wouldnt know it. How many protesters in Ferguson you think know it? Do you know it?
edit on 8/11/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Could be because the protests haven't been all peaceful....cops were shot at and another protester was shot by the cops.

So they're there to protect the reporters from InfoWars from getting caught in the crossfire?

So more men standing around with guns Is going to help defuse that kind of situation?

Just trying to understand.

Sure....I'd say a guy with a gun could diffuse a situation pretty quickly.....that's typically why military and LEO are issued them....to quickly diffuse a situation if needed. Sure there are other ways to diffuse, but at least one protester ended up shot because of shooting at police, so it was not some peaceful protest.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is perfect evidence of how police only discriminate, profile and harass particular people in society.

If it was a couple of black dudes walking the streets all armored up like that (or even young 'druggy' looking white people), they would have been shot at worse, or at best been slammed face down on to concrete and arrested. But because there a bunch of white red necks, the cops probably didn't even harass them by demand names & addresses, then make them justify there existence, by asking them where they've been, where there going and what they where doing there.

So much for equality for everyone!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So they're there to protect the reporters from InfoWars from getting caught in the crossfire?

So more men standing around with guns Is going to help defuse that kind of situation?

Sure....I'd say a guy with a gun could diffuse a situation pretty quickly.....that's typically why military and LEO are issued them....to quickly diffuse a situation if needed. Sure there are other ways to diffuse, but at least one protester ended up shot because of shooting at police, so it was not some peaceful protest.

I would say police seem to escalate the situation with guns rather than diffuse it! Least in the good old US of A were you hear of a cop killing people under dubious circumstances every other freaking day!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But do you not see that that's entirely by design?

There are some (not a ton, but some) blacks that belong to the Oath Keepers. Why aren't they there?

Pure coincidence, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
This is perfect evidence of how police only discriminate, profile and harass particular people in society.

If it was a couple of black dudes walking the streets all armored up like that (or even young 'druggy' looking white people), they would have been shot at worse, or at best been slammed face down on to concrete and arrested. But because there a bunch of white red necks, the cops probably didn't even harass them by demand names & addresses, then make them justify there existence, by asking them where they've been, where there going and what they where doing there.

So much for equality for everyone!

Actually all of the stories only say the ones that were arrested by the police were disrupting and inciting damaging acts. Like the ones blocking the highways and throwing bottles at the police.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I would say police seem to escalate the situation with guns rather than diffuse it! Least in the good old US of A were you hear of a cop killing people under dubious circumstances every other freaking day!

Yet it is funny how the only person shot in this instance was one that shot at the cops first and had a stolen gun.....I would say the US of A is more a place where violent criminals kill a lot more than police, but I am sure someone can come along and skew the numbers in some fashion to make the police look like the most violent group in the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yet it is funny how the only person shot in this instance was one that shot at the cops first and had a stolen gun.....I would say the US of A is more a place where violent criminals kill a lot more than police, but I am sure someone can come along and skew the numbers in some fashion to make the police look like the most violent group in the world.

No I agree with THAT particular shooting. The kid asked for that. He had a gun and was shooting at police. Fair kill.

Its the dozens of others you hear of each month I am talking about....the ones were half the time the person shot was not even armed.....

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Are these allowed to do this and if this isn't an advert for banning firearms then what is. Why do you Americans want to keep your firearms. Hunting, Defence or control. I am really confused as to the argument for firearms.

EFFIN A they are "allowed".....Ever read Bill of Rights? Try the second ammendment.....I am all fine for this stuff happening! Sure things could go wrong but these guys are ON OUR SIDE! They will not blur lines, they are out to protect the constitution....I LOVE IT!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not so much.

Significantly more than half of them are armed. You just don't hear about those unless you happen to live in the area where it occurred.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Not so much.

Significantly more than half of them are armed. You just don't hear about those unless you happen to live in the area where it occurred.

Im not talking about the justifiable shootings here.

Lets face it sometimes police do need to shoot and kill.

But US police do tend to be more trigger (or strangle happy) than most.
You do have a police brutality problem in certain city's and states.

Not all US cops are bad but you do seem to have a higher percentage of rotten apples, not to mention a pretty messed up criminal justice system in general.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Not so much.

Im not talking about the justifiable shootings here.

Lets face it sometimes police do need to shoot and kill.

But US police do tend to be more trigger (or strangle happy) than most.
You do have a police brutality problem in certain city's and states.

Not all US cops are bad but you do seem to have a higher percentage of rotten apples, not to mention a pretty messed up criminal justice system in general.

As opposed to other systems where police are light handed and gentle, like say, Mexico, or Brazil, or China, or Russia, or...

They only reason you say there are more rotten apples is because those are the only ones ever in the news. I have said this before....are we to believe everyone in government in the UK like to play "doctor" with young children or are the majority of them good, and we just hear about the bad ones ALL the time in our MSM here?

Fact is, police are, as a necessity, aggressive. It isn't as though they are simply there to help others get into a locked car or change a tire.....they are there to keep criminal activity from occurring.....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well you said the ones where half the time the person isn't armed.

I was disputing that "fact." The vast majority of shootings are against armed people. You just don't hear about them nearly as often so unless you're actively researching them then yea, you're going to think police are gunning down unarmed people left and right.

Are unarmed people being killed and brutalized? Sure. No denying that here. But it's not nearly as often as MSM and some on ATS would like you to believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

As opposed to other systems where police are light handed and gentle, like say, Mexico, or Brazil, or China, or Russia, or...

Or strike a actual balance like most of Europe, Australia and Canada?

..are we to believe everyone in government in the UK like to play "doctor" with young children or are the majority of them good, and we just hear about the bad ones ALL the time in our MSM here?

No the majority are likely pedophiles. You wont have us trying to defend any of them.
We accept our problems.

Fact is, police are, as a necessity, aggressive. It isn't as though they are simply there to help others get into a locked car or change a tire.....they are there to keep criminal activity from occurring.....

A solider should be aggressive.

Police should be balanced servants of the community...

You really think its acceptable in a civilized country's to strangle unarmed people to death for selling cigarettes? Or to shot people in the back running away? Stick them in the back of a van and shake them until they die or Shot them because they dont stop for a simple traffic stop?

edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well you said the ones where half the time the person isn't armed.

I was disputing that "fact." The vast majority of shootings are against armed people. You just don't hear about them nearly as often so unless you're actively researching them then yea, you're going to think police are gunning down unarmed people left and right.

Are unarmed people being killed and brutalized? Sure. No denying that here. But it's not nearly as often as MSM and some on ATS would like you to believe.

Call it a poor choice of words my mistake.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Correct, 'Oath keepers' wouldn't know the constitution if you recited it for them over and over for 24 hours straight.

This is an ignorant statement. I am an oath keeper and prior military. I have studied the U.S. Constitution for years, plus the writings of our founding fathers. You don't know every oath keeper in the U.S. so you can't make that statement as truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Or strike a actual balance like most of Europe, Australia and Canada?

..are we to believe everyone in government in the UK like to play "doctor" with young children or are the majority of them good, and we just hear about the bad ones ALL the time in our MSM here?

No the majority are likely pedophiles. You wont have us trying to defend any of them.
We accept our problems.

A solider should be aggressive.

Police should be balanced servants of the community...

You really think its acceptable in a civilized country's to strangle unarmed people to death for selling cigarettes? Or to shot people in the back running away? Stick them in the back of a van and shake them until they die or Shot them because they dont stop for a simple traffic stop?

A balance would be awesome, but you really think there are no incidents of police violence in any of those areas? You mentioned three instances of it here.....and yes, police are servants of the community. I have seen plenty of other instances where police are helping the community all over the place. I think it is ridiculous that people think there is some wide spread police violence going on all over the US when there is not....it just simply isn't true.

MSM wants others to think this for some reason and I have no idea why? Maybe because violence is newsworthy and helping a homeless guy get a hot meal isn't. Who knows? Anywho....I am perfectly happy with my police force where I live. They keep to themselves unless a law is being broken or someone needs help.....simple concept.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good for you.

I on the other hand had a NY cop draw a gun on me for simple jay walking.

In any civilized country that twat would have been at least fired and in the UK likely sitting behind bars.

In many ares yes US cops (as I have repeated ad nasuam) are likely decent individuals. But many of your big city cops seem out of control!
edit on 11-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good for you.

I on the other hand had a NY cop draw a gun on me for simple jay walking.

In any civilized country that twat would have been at least fired and in the UK likely sitting behind bars.

In many ares yes US cops (as I have repeated ad nasuam) are likely decent individuals. But many of your big city cops seem out of control!

I live in Atlanta....it's pretty big.

And my guess is you did something other than just jaywalk, like maybe you were jaywalking and he asked you to stop and you didn't? Or maybe you had your hands in your pockets and made a sudden movement when he called out to you, or something about you was shady in some respect? Or maybe he was searching for a violent suspect and you happened to be dressed similar to the suspect he was looking for. If NY cops were drawing down on people for simply jaywalking, there would be a lot more news coverage on something like that.....it simply doesn't happen unless there is a probable reason for it.

I would say the majority are perfectly in control.....it is a very small minority that abuse their power.

I was pulled over one time by 2 cops with guns drawn in 1995 in a full sized Bronco.....freaked me out until one of them explained they were looking for an armed robber that happened to be driving the exact same make and color of car I was driving. Once they realized it was not me, they hopped back in their patrol car and went on their way looking for him again.....things happen.
edit on 8/11/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join