It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Declares Anniversary Of Mike Brown's Death 'Darren Wilson Day'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes. It happened. And it's fixed now. On all counts. The FOP did apologize for the move. But, again as well-intentioned as it may have been, when the country is striving to get a grip on this and keep the lid on, they really should have known better.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

As long as it inflames the hatred and fuels the protests, that's all that matters.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
After a thorough investigation, Officer Wilson was cleared of wrong-doing. So now, I support him too! We have to stop this ratings-driven trial-by-mass-media, folks. The initially confused reports regarding the Brown shooting were resolved, based on the evidence, and that's it for me. Let's find Darren Wilson a new job. On the other hand, blowing somebody's head off for fleeing a traffic stop, nope, no support here. There's a film of it and no real dispute, so that guy gets charged.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
After a thorough investigation, Officer Wilson was cleared of wrong-doing. So now, I support him too! We have to stop this ratings-driven trial-by-mass-media, folks. The initially confused reports regarding the Brown shooting were resolved, based on the evidence, and that's it for me. Let's find Darren Wilson a new job. On the other hand, blowing somebody's head off for fleeing a traffic stop, nope, no support here. There's a film of it and no real dispute, so that guy gets charged.

It's quite a long way from Wilson not being indicted to a police union declaring on their Facebook page that the anniversary of the shooting "Darren Wilson Day." What's the point? Shouldn't an organization representing civil servants who are sworn to "serve and protect" and uniquely empowered to use force against citizens in fulfilling their sworn duties, refrain from purposefully inflaming tensions?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Sorry, but whether it was a clean shoot or not, whether he did nothing wrong or not, this is both incendiary and in poor taste

sorry, glorifying a dead criminal is both incendiary and in poor taste

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They have as much right to free speech as the thug protesters

both sides have shown poor judgement

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
STAFF NOTE: The Free Thought Project has been the sole source for this "news" and their story includes a reference to a Facebook page which does not exist anywhere outside of the screenshot they use for the story.
The Free Thought Project is bunk big time. Half the time they can even spell or use proper grammar, most of the time their stories are greatly exaggerated and hoaxes. it's all just click bait crap!

Thanks for pointing this out too.

Anyone else find this post a bit hypocritical? One just has to laugh......

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: WeRpeons

I can understand the misguided attempt to want to support a brother, but this is over the line. Yeah, that line.

Couldn't that thought also be applied to burning and looting in the name of a slain man?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Of course it could. However, that fact doesn't make either right. This isn't a one way street.

But no worries though...the Oath Keepers are in Ferguson now...to help. Or something.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

its kinda like black people having a 5 minute silence for micheal brown "the thug" if they were to martyr anyone, should it not have been the black child holding a toy gun that got shot? and not some guy who robbed a store, hit a cop and tried to grab his gun before charging him?

i think the police dept have the same rights as those black people honoring mike brown, to honor a man who was demonized and had his life and career destroyed and who was proven innocent...bad taste or note, or are we all to shutup now and not offend black people in fear of being called racist?

pffft

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
After a thorough investigation, Officer Wilson was cleared of wrong-doing. So now, I support him too! We have to stop this ratings-driven trial-by-mass-media, folks.

It's not trial by media, he should have been indicted, and there are several reasons why he should have been.

1. The most "reliable" police witness changed his story between writing his statement and appearing, this was NEVER questioned and was a fundamental point of the defensive action.
2. The investigator arriving on the scene openly stated that "it was clear what happened" the moment he arrived. This shows CLEAR bias from someone who is supposed to arrive with NO preconceptions about what happened, relying on the EVIDENCE to create the narrative.

These two points alone should have resulted in an indictment and a proper investigation by outside sources to form a case. There is so much blatant corruption going on here that it's ridiculous Wilson was allowed to go without a proper and full investigation.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Who's corrupt ? The St.Louis Co. Prosecutor who cleared him ?

Or The Department of Justice that cleared him ?

That's two investigations, by two different agencies, both concluding the same thing. Also a grand jury, that saw no need to indict.

EDIT: As to the O.P. This was a stupid idea, soo much so I have to question it being done on purpose.

edit on 11-8-2015 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I saw this same type of crap many years ago from the Chris Humphries fan club in Portland after he beat James Chasse to death. Many people came to his side to defend his actions. They started a Facebook page claiming "we are all Chris Humphries". I watched him savagely beat this guy, who was half his size and weight, to death. Yet many in the LEO field jumped to his defense and claimed any one of them would have done the same and they were all "Chris Humphries". Sickening.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Of course it could. However, that fact doesn't make either right. This isn't a one way street.

But no worries though...the Oath Keepers are in Ferguson now...to help. Or something.

It doesn't make either side right, but why is it that only one side gets the bad press for it?
Oh, I forgot the narrative... gotta stick to that narrative...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

WOW are these guys nuts or what......The person or group making these calls needs to take a step back and rethink some things. Tensions are high and why stir the pot and or cause more pain and agony.

Bottom line......Personally I think the young man made mistakes that caused this sad event. That being said celebrating or shining a spot light on this is beyond bad taste and bordering on insanity.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Grand jury bull&$@/. I saw the cop beating the guy to death. My story and my testimony didn't matter. They wanted their guy "innocent" and they found every way to make that happen. After that incident, I learned it's no longer to "serve and protect" unless it's their own people. Then it applies. I was never biased before that incident, but learned quickly after that.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So the Grand Jury and Prosecutors are bunk because there is no charge but if there was I am sure they would be commended, right?

folks, you are all playing into the Progressive plan. Make authority the enemy. Separate by race, religion and income. Fuel hate and not allow independent, critical thinking.

This is not a celebration of someone killing someone else. They did not sponsor KILL ANOTHER BROWN DAY....

Again, the MSM and PTB want you to concentrate on this and not the 52 shot over a weekend in gang violence.

People need to stop apologizing for their own views. We are becoming a pussified nation of pansies...

(post by real_one removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ENOUGH

The administration of threads is the sole responsibility of ATS Staff

If our decisions are not suitable for you or we do not move at a speed you expect, either file a Complaint or not

BUT

THE IN THREAD OFF TOPIC POSTS STOP NOW

Next time will result in more serious action

I hope this clears it up

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join