It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bore hole or what exactly is this from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yup I agree, looks very much like a core drilled hole.

No idea why they would bother to do it there though.. Unless it's just for s#%ts and giggles.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

never under estimate the alure of :

because i can .

although - on a " sensible " note - i would have drilled it to create an astronomical alignment on an equinox

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It looks like a hole they drilled for a stick of dynamite. Ive seen those in Sutter creek while panning for gold. I also found a giant drill bit they used. It is about 20 inches long, pointed, with square sides. I think it is in the garage

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Of course it's a core hole.... The picture looking up at the pile has bore holes at three o'clock all over the face where they blasted. No mystery here.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perhaps

originally posted by: w810i
a reply to: Kandinsky

I don't think it was queried, on the other side of the rocks from where these pics were taken on the cliff face is the opening to a large cave. The opening looked to be 5-10 feet across.

This image clearly shows that the area has been subject to quarrying - note the striations on the rocks in the foreground.
Yes I saw that too.
OP great job on spotting that rock though, it does give one pause for thought, it must have had something to do with the other work done at that site.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Seems a curious place to drill a hole. There's no way it would be any use for draggies in that near end position, or blowing it up for that matter. Maybe they stick a flag in it if they are detonating

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So construction workers do have a sense of humor. "Hey Marv does this new drill work horizontally?? Dang if I know try it!!"

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perhaps

originally posted by: w810i
a reply to: Kandinsky

I don't think it was queried, on the other side of the rocks from where these pics were taken on the cliff face is the opening to a large cave. The opening looked to be 5-10 feet across.

This image clearly shows that the area has been subject to quarrying - note the striations on the rocks in the foreground.

Agreed. The vertical bore holes in the foreground are clearly present in the up close rock (before the hole rock.)

I'm not sure why someone would bore a hole that large on the upper background rock, but it seems they felt the need to do so.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Looks like someone wanted a sample of the rock. Used a borehole cutter to get it. Geologist, artist, etc.

Or perhaps it was done by a hitman/sniper to "pop" someone when they drove past.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i
To eliminate the possibility of this having an Equinox alignment you may need to go back during the winter or summer Equinox and see if the sun can be seen through it on sunrise or something.

A typical core drill isn't light weight so if this was just a prank then I imagine it wasn't easy to do. In quarries they jack hammer holes for dynamite.
Core drills are usually used for sampling the stone to test makeup and hardness.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

A core cutter? That looks like a typical bore hole to me. JMO

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Op- im a mining engineer and see this stuff everyday.

Kandinsky is correct, that hole is from the road being blasted out of the rock.
Left over holes are called bootlegs.
So what you are seeing is a bootleg hole.

Nice find!
edit on 9-8-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Do you have compass reading...?

Would be intresting if the hole is ligned up with something...

Solar solstice or other

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

You asked for a geologist, here I am.
So I can confirm that the pictures show a standard size bore hole. The rock seems to be a basalt.

Nothing out of the ordinary folks

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ALRIGHT ,who's playing with the damned alien weapons?

THAY can SEE that crap from ORBIT you know...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Could it have been made by Predators spaceship firing a laser beam just like in the film?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I live very close to an area with definitive quarrying, they got millions of dollars from the gravel. I take walks back there with friends or on dog walks and these holes are abundant out there.
Hey maybe aliens haven't figured out fuel yet so they use gravel?
Or, we're both seeing something left over from the drilling the quarry workers did.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i

From building and cutting the road out would be my guess..

:-)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My guess is when they built the road they had to blast away material to clear the way. Could just be a hole from the drill used to put the explosives in.

I have no idea how deep they drill holes to do this, but if that rock was once the top layer it COULD of survived the blast I am guessing.

Cool pic tho!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I thought it might be from blasting, just seemed so out of place being so high up off the ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join