It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Musical Computer Questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I solved my problem by creating a click track at noteflight.com.

The first four bars are triplets set to 207 BPM, which is equivalent to 621 pick strokes per minute. The next four bars are 16th note groups set to 155 BPM, which works out to 620 pick strokes per minute. Both groups of bars are set to repeat 18 times, which is an arbitrary number that corresponds roughly to the workout I was downloading from metronomer.com, around 600 strokes.

This system works very well because the metronome setting is adjustable and goes up quite high, well beyond my needs, to a staggering 1000 BPM.

Another advantage of doing this job like this is that there is a red cursor that follows the notes as each is sounded, which gives a visual cue that is helpful when working at these elevated speeds, where "counting" sort of goes out the window and "feel" takes over.

Anyway, I thought somebody might be interested in where I ended up with this problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

600 BPM is FAST. No one can pick that fast.

Why can't you create a, say, 300 BPM tempo track but instead of having the click on each beat (quarter note) have it on 8th notes. You're essentially doubling the tempo but it's hidden. Opposite of cut time, it's fake double time.

My protools only goes up to 500.
My alesis drum machine only goes up to 255, but you can switch the click to up to 16th, so that's essentially 1020 "clicks" or "beats" in the same time.

That's FAST.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm talking about pick strokes per minute. 600 strokes per minute would equate to a metronome setting of 200 BPM playing triplets. For 16th notes the equivalent metronome setting would be 150 BPM.

The goal was to pick 600 strokes per minute.

<< 1   >>

join