It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online dating.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: johnwick

So recently, a friend of mine told me I should try online dating because I'm single.

I don't know anything about online dating but I do know a great plot for a screenplay when I see one.

Thanks!!!

No problem, but I get a 2 percent gratuity.

I can do better than that....

Why don't you write it, I'll produce and direct the trailer, take it to a pitch fest and see what happens.

www.celtx.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I wrote this on another thread about the same subject and thought it would be appropriate to copy it here.

I've met a few girls from online dating sites... And usually (in my experience), there's something wrong with them that causes them to be rejected by everyone else.

I tried something of a little experiment one time. I decided to see what it was like being female on a dating site. I got a bunch of pictures of some random girl; just an average-looking, everyday girl. Then I set up a simple fake profile with those pictures. I didn't write much on the profile, just enough to not leave it completely blank.
And I was completely inundated with messages from guys of all ages. Hundreds of messages. And they're all the same too. "Hey baby, you look good, we should get together", "Hey, you're pretty hot, wanna meet up sometime?", "Hey, if you send me pics of your boobs, I'll show you my d**k".
So I was left wondering... Why the hell are women putting themselves out there on online dating sites, when this is the result? And then I get back to what I said at the beginning. There's usually something wrong with them. The last girl I met from a dating site seemed all fine and nice, but then I found out she was a drug addict. Another I met before her was perfectly normal... Until I found out she has to wear a wig because she rips her hair out, and also has a voracious appetite for sex (she now has sexually-transmitted diseases). Another girl I met online I'd only been talking to a short time when one night she texts me and tells me she's sitting outside my house. A huge portion of profiles I see on one particular site are women who have one or more children and demand that the male be ok with that and good with kids, ie "take care of my kids for me". Aside from that, half the profiles are generic, cookie-cutter things that don't even differentiate the person from anyone else. "I like music and going to the movies and sometimes I like to stay at home and relax".
I do have to clarify something though. I'm not necessarily judging anyone. I really could care less if someone is a drug addict, or a sex freak... whatever. I had a best friend who was mentally ill. I had friends who did drugs. I had friends who had kids. It doesn't bother me. I have my own problems like anyone else, so I'm not looking down on anyone. The point I'm making is there's a reason many women are on online dating sites.

But let's not generalize all these women, because that's ignorant. Let's say for example, maybe only 1% of them fit the above. The other 99% are perfectly rounded, normal individuals. So let's look at it from the guy's side.
You're a guy and you make a profile on a dating site. Be prepared to have a soaring-high self-confidence. You could be the nicest guy in the world, but the harsh reality is, every time you message a girl on a dating site, there's a hundred other guys trying to say whatever they can to hook up with her. You're going to get rejected... ALOT. You might be having long, awesome conversations with someone over the course of several days or weeks, and then *poof*, she stops talking to you. No more conversation. Now imagine this happening over and over and over again for months or even years. It's easy for any guy to start to wonder things... "Is something wrong with me? Am I not attractive enough? Did I say the wrong thing and scare her away? Is she ignoring me because she found someone more interesting? Was she just looking for someone to have sex with?" I've personally faced this dilemma many times. I'd be talking to some girl for quite some time, and she seems all excited to meet me and expresses her desire to get together and do something... And then suddenly, she's gone. Probably because she decided one of the hundreds of other guys messaging her was better.

Thank you trollz, that Is what I expected from ATS!!!

Brutal truth, I can live with that.

The lie I like... Rather know the truth.

Starred, BTW I feel your pain, lots of hose beasts out there.

I am finding out the hard way......

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

First off, that crazy chick you mentioned first, yes, cut her off.

Second, POF doesn't exactly have the best quality people. After all, it's free, so it attracts undesirables by default. That said, I am sure there are some decent girls on there.

But yes, you kinda have to "date around" to find someone with whom you are compatible (relationship-wise) or who you can tolerate (if you ant someone to hang out and do things with) so you're not alone. Dating is a headache. I hate it. I'm the type of person who doesn't want to go through all the hoops and BS associated with dating, and it's all a game anyway as much as we wish it weren't. I'd much rather date just *one* person, and, even though there are differences between us, they're not exactly deal breakers, instead of going on a date with one person every week until you want to have a second date, and maybe that's the problem (or a blessing) in modern times and with technology: there's so much available and from which to choose, we rarely want to put forth the effort into developing something. All partners have their issues and things they have to work through because everyone is different, yet people seem to be too lazy to want to put forth that effort.

There are some people who are genuinely serious about finding someone and will put all their cards on the table, but once again, it has to be someone with whom there is chemistry.

If you're serious about finding a partner, or a girlfriend, and not just casually dating, I suggest trying some other (paid) sites where you can at least filter out some of the lower class freaks, but there you also run into a different class of girl, some that are complete snobs.

You just gotta weed through all the BS.

Happy searching.

ThAt is at the same time the best, and most obvious advice I ever got.

I wondered if paying to play would matter.

It obviously just sucks if you pay for it or not.

Good looking out, thanks for the warning!!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So recently, a friend of mine told me I should try online dating because I'm single.

I don't know anything about online dating but I do know a great plot for a screenplay when I see one.

Thanks!!!

Why don't you write it, I'll produce and direct the trailer, take it to a pitch fest and see what happens.

www.celtx.com...

I will, but I get a 15 percent boxoffice gross, and a 20 percent on online and retail sales.

You get a 17 percent commission.

25 percent if you can get the actual peeps to star in the screen roles.

ETA- I will do it for free outside of this.
edit on 9-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places?

Where are better places?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm no expert, so feel free to disagree with me if you wish. You could try local coffee shops and bookstores. I've heard good things about match.com. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. It's always good to determine if the person is down to earth and grounded obviously.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thanks!!!

www.celtx.com...

I will, but I get a 15 percent boxoffice gross, and a 20 percent on online and retail sales.

I was thinking more along the lines of a TV cable series with a revolving cast of wacko's, but with the right "stars" attached a feature might fly. Done right it could be damn funny!

From experience, I can tell you that when in the entertainment business; you don't need no online dating service.
edit on 9-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Thanks!!!

www.celtx.com...

I was thinking more along the lines of a TV cable series with a revolving cast of wacko's, but with the right "stars" attached a feature might fly. Done right it could be damn funny!

From experience, I can tell you that when in the entertainment business; you don't need no online dating service.

So in your mind, I would be the new "catfish "?

If it can make us both some money I'm not against the idea.

I will need about a week to write the draft, just to get it right, I will pm you.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So in your mind, I would be the new "catfish "?

Not sure I get the "catfish" reference.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think something is wrong with your research methods if it told you that PoF is the BEST online dating app...

By the way, here is some fun research for you to consume:
Science Shows Dating Websites Aren’t Better At Finding You Love
edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join