It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter activists interrupt Bernie Sanders rally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seattle, Washington

Why would they do this? They are disrupting their biggest ally. Is this a conspiracy? Is this a local, national, rogue, or an unknown Black Lives Matter group?

Will BLM address this?

Bernie Sanders Interrupted

Protesters on behalf of Black Lives Matter interrupted the planned Seattle rally for Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders on Saturday afternoon, preventing the Vermont senator from addressing the massive crowd. The rally at Westlake Park ended around 3 p.m. with Sanders choosing to leave after protesters took the stage and stayed there, controlling the microphone. He left in a white Jeep, and campaign aides had no immediate comment.

Bernie Interrupted 2

Bernie Sanders on Black Lives Matter - July 22, 2015

edit on 8-8-2015 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

It's really rather not unlike the LA Riots with Rodney King.

Who was hurt? The neighborhood of the people who were looting and rioting.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sounds like some very ignorant people, who may have simply been anti-government, without having any clue who Bernie Sanders is or what he supports.

I wouldn't think anyone with any political education from the BLM campaign would call for this stupidity.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Its a clinton tactic. I bet you they are getting paid by the clinton camp.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Because there stupid and ignorant and just want attention and are taking advantage of Bernie’s good nature and they don’t know who their friends are

They think their brave they should go intervene in a gang meeting in Chicago and tell them to stop killing black people

edit on 8-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Way out of line and ugly.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well it certainly sucks. Those women were way out of line and physically aggressive. There's no defense for that. But in context it was about 4 protesters and if twitter is any indication BLM is not happy with what they did. I think BLM should host an event and ask the Candidates to come and address their issues.
edit on 8/8/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Well it certainly sucks. Those women were way out of line and physically aggressive. There's no defense for that. But in context it was about 4 protesters and if twitter is any indication BLM is not happy with what they did. I think BLM should host an event and ask the Candidates to come and address their issues.

HEy why didnt they get TASED? i though tthat was what the guards are to do to hecklers at democratic rallies?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Looks like many Democrat traditionalists are even confused.

But this *could* be somebody else at work from behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not the best tactic for the movement to have used.

I've met "law enforcement" with that kind of aggressiveness and it's very distressing.

I understand the request for time, but they really should have coordinated prior to the event with the Saunders Camp.

It just pains me to see things escalate to that level of confrontation. I know it's a very passionate matter and fully respect the broader grievances of the community....I'm part of it myself in a way, by virtue of my community....but bringing aggression endured like that against folks who are sympathetic to the plight just makes things look bad for the overall movement.

It detracts from the calm, rational and forward moving solutions.

Some people think it can just be resolved overnight or in a single impassioned speech, and that's not always the case.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Conspiracy? Nah, they're just ignorant and don't know Sanders history. All they see is a politician that they wanna interrupt and rattle.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dumbasses need to learn who's who in the presidential race. Bernie is their loudest voice when it comes to candidates.

I hope they feel stupid now.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think BLM should host an event and ask the Candidates to come and address their issues.

That would be an inspired move. It's certainly more constructive.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

He's an old white guy with money and like any racist that's all they see...

not that they could possibly be prejudiced and ignorant bigots...

I mean, only white males can be that...

All it takes to be a hateful bigot of any ethnicity is to judge people not by the merits of who they are, but a couple superficial traits...

No one would dare call these protestors that did this bigots, it's perfectly reasonable for them to do this with NO CLUE who they were being pricks too...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They apologized.

Twitter account for BLM Seattle
edit on 8/8/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The mistake never should have been made. It was as ignorant as hell, and has a clear scent of prejudice goggles the made it happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well I'm guessing you don't support either side here so...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Define either side, what two sides are you seeing here?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The two sides involved in the topic. Sanders and BLM Seattle. They apologized and recognize that Sanders is on their side. What more do you want?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join