It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter activists interrupt Bernie Sanders rally

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Puppylove

The two sides involved in the topic. Sanders and BLM Seattle. They apologized and recognize that Sanders is on their side. What more do you want?

You missed a big portion of who is involved - the audience.
They didn't come to hear a couple blabbermouths hijack the mic podium and demand the audience be quiet for 4 1/2 minutes to pay respects to Michael Brown.
They were called racists by that young "lady" on the stage.
It was a pitiful tactic, insulting to everyone there.
I'm just amazed the audience tolerated it.
That shows you how strong the fear of simply being labeled a racist is.
They can apologize from here to eternity but it won't change my opinion of them one iota.

Judge for yourselves:

The big takeover:

Their Kanye West moment ( just love the arrogant look from the girl on the right):

edit on 9-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: added video links

edit on 9-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I refuse to judge all by a few.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Not judging BLM.
Just these people in the video who are rude, arrogant and clueless regarding Mr. Sanders apparently.
Nobody else is responsible.
Some people will judge by the company one keeps though.
They didn't do the BLM any favors with this.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

In a Related Story , the Activist Group Ignorant Lives Matter didn't get Any Press Coverage on their March on Washington for the Repeal of the Bill of Rights ....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sounds like they are an infiltration effort !!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just goes to show how weak Bernie and his followers are.... He gets hijacked and bows down to these idiots, then his followers actually obey what the dumb dumbs had to say... Pathetic, the whole lot of them...
edit on 908America/Chicagopm31America/Chicago095 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

More than anything I am amazed security at the event allowed them on stage. Rude , racist , protestor s is one thing. What if the next time it's an attempt on his life? I also have to wonder would they do this to Clinton and if security for her would allow it?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Just goes to show how weak Bernie and his followers are.... He gets hijacked and bows down to these idiots, then his followers actually obey what the dumb dumbs had to say... Pathetic, the whole lot of them...

Not sure about that. He and his followers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. So, they took the damned they thought would work best. If they had stood their ground and forced them off the stage "possibly escalating this into violence," there would be people complaining that he and his followers just should have stepped aside and took the high road to deescalate the situation and avoid all the violence on the stage that would have been shown over and over on main stream media.

I'd like to see both involved unite and manage this right to really put even more momentum into motion on the issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
They apologized.

Twitter account for BLM Seattle

They also issued another statement

Black Lives Matter Seattle explained their actions in a news release: “The problem with Sanders, and with white Seattle progressives in general, is that they are utterly and totally useless (when not outright harmful) in terms of the fight for Black lives. While we are drowning in their liberal rhetoric, we have yet to see them support Black grassroots movements or take on any measure of risk and responsibility for ending the tyranny of white supremacy.”

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think they will.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, one upside for Bernie:

More people are now aware of his record on civil rights, and his support for minorities.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I would wager my life savings that the average illegal immigrant is much more intelligent than the average black lives matter protester.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, one upside for Bernie:

More people are now aware of his record on civil rights, and his support for minorities.

If a black president couldn't make changes even with a majority in congress that was satisfactory in the eyes of these blm protestors. If he couldn't use all his eo power to satisfy. What exactly is Bernie going to do that would ever make these types of people happy?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Shame on Bernie for not having all of Congress thrown out and the whole hierarchy of our government and economy while he was at it.
Yeah, if he really cared he would ended white supremacy by now.
A guy who's fought all his life for equality and fairness can't even get a B grade with these folks.
Sounds like they won't be happy until they get Django.

Eta: Other posters addressed the small matter of security.
A man who has a chance of being elected by the people for President you can just walk right up and get aggressive with and nobody is protecting him?
That's an invitation for disaster.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Nothing can make these people happy. They are so convinced that they are the only ones with problems, that they are the only ones being oppressed, and that they are the one and only true victims in the world.

Unfortunately this brainwashing, along with most having no real jobs, and social media at their fingertips, allows them to be the loudest voices in the room and people have so far up to now listened to them.

If the black community doesn't want the rest of the world to continue to look down on them, the intelligent and logical black people need to stand up and tell them to STFU.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

There's a major communication breakdown. It will be resolved.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And what is that going to do? they should look in the mirror and see the stupidness on their part.
That would be a whole lot more than simply apologize until the next interruption or worse, a continuation of this stupidness which drives a wedge between the population.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't think there is. The only way they feel like they matter is when they feel like they are being oppressed.

Let me know if you don't understand that statement and I will clarify it for you.
edit on 9-8-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I think that if I were scared that I'd become the next hashtag I might be feeling desperate enough to get in people's faces... not that it wasn't shortsighted to not try other ways. I don't like what they did but I won't denounce it either.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join