It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer pistol whipped with his own gun. Witnesses happily take pics (warning graphic images)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So if the cop goes for his gun 'police should be able to deal with it without their gun' and if they don't 'how could they get his gun he should have used it'.

These thugs should get the death penalty.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Yep. Lots of questions. Including when did the people posting the pictures know that he was a cop. Because them tagging the pics the way they did doesn't indicate when they knew it, only that they did.

Yeah, the first thing that popped to mind for me was, wtf was a plainclothes cop in his personal vehicle doing stopping ANYONE?

I don't know how it works elsewhere, but in the South it's generally either against city ordinance or against PD policy for any officer not in uniform in their own personal vehicle to perform traffic stops for ANY reason. They call in another unit. Or you get crap like the recent unpleasantness near Boston.

I don't know who you are. You might be Detective Dan, King of Cops, but to me at a red light, I just see some stranger with a gun on his side acting aggressively. And I can buy that same grill light at the NAPA, if you even have one.

I also love how the FOP talking head leads off with the latest FOP talking point. "If we are criticized, then it leads to our hesitating as we think 'Is what I'm doing actually LEGAL, or just something I want to do and think I'm entitled to by the fact that I have this badge on? Hmm...' and then the cop ends up shot. So criticizing police is actually MURDER."

If you google around, you will find a few other FOP mouthpieces using this approach in the last couple of months, with phrasing that's eerily similar, almost as if they have a talking point sheet to work from.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I didn't see where the article stated he stopped the car in his personally owned vehicle.

The detective's car pictured in the news article looks like a typical "undercover" vehicle.

Many undercover vehicles are equipped with red and blue emergency lights.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Many undercover vehicles are equipped with red and blue emergency lights.

It's pretty much the same problem. IIRC the locals back home can't do a stop if they're in plainclothes and the car is personal or unmarked.

Uniform in an unmarked ok, plainclothes in a cruiser ok, otherwise it's considered to be too likely to provoke flight or defense due to you looking shady.

eta: in my misspent yoot we once got the bright idea to put a 6V blinker bulb in a car wax can with a blue top. Looked enough like a cop dash light that we had no problems pulling our buds over until Dad found out.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Understandable.

That said, many agencies perform traffic stops in unmarked/undercover vehicles in plain clothes.

Of course even in "plain clothes" the officer should have his badge visible and call for uniformed backup asap.

What it sounds like to me is he was working a robbery detail, observed the vehicle, developed some kind of probable cause to stop the vehicle (hopefully), identified himself, and then waited for uniformed backup to continue whatever he was going to do (field interview, arrest, traffic citation, warning, etc).

While waiting for uniformed backup to arrive the altercation occurred.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RammerJammer

People cheering a police officer being pistol whipped has nothing to do with race relations and everything to do with the fact that the police are seen as a bunch of thugs that are above the law. Every time a cop shoots someones dog in it's back yard, every time a cop pulls a person over and then searches their car because they smelled something that wasn't there, and every time a cop pulls his gun just to intimidate a person they build up a little more bad will with the general public. When it gets high enough, and we could be there already the people who attack the police will be cheered.

This cop didn't deserve what happened to him, based on this circumstance but that doesn't matter. People see a cop and they'll cheer because things are just that bad now. Body cameras were supposed to fix this. They're not working, all body cameras do is show us more unprovoked executions where the officer gets off.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gestas
a reply to: JuJuBee

how would you feel being sent pictures of your loved ones being assaulted / maimed / or worse?

I've seen friends I've grown up with get beheaded on video by terrorist groups. This isn't as bad, but I have some idea of what it feels like. It never feels good, and this cop didn't deserve this but it's a reaction to a broken system. The relationship between the police and the public is gone. The relationship today is that they are the tyrants and we are the serfs. If we don't start seriously addressing this, and doing it quickly we are going to have a very real problem on our hands.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When cop does something bad: "Pig!"

When something bad happens to a cop: "Officer."

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75The people present didn't take pictures. That came ti his rescue and beat the drunk. Go WV!

Wot? i no get this.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH
What don't you get?
1. A drunk tried to beat up a cop (that was trying to help him not arrest him)
2. Non-cop citizens came to the officer's aid
3. Our community & our cops work hand-in-hand like it SHOULD be

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The situation isn't right, I'll say that.

But I can understand the suspects actions if he thought that he or his passenger were about to become the next hashtag.

I don't think that LEOs understand that they have placed a large majority of the pop into a fight or flight mode.

I know I don't like to take chances with MY life

That all being said, I don't like where my country is headed.

I can't believe that we even have to have this conversation.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is why i stay as far away from "UN-social" media as much as is possible. On the other hand sometimes i check it out to see how normal I am...comparatively speaking.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Harvin because: adding

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just too bad. The pig probably had it coming karmas a bitch
edit on 10-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: WarriorMH
What don't you get?
1. A drunk tried to beat up a cop (that was trying to help him not arrest him)
2. Non-cop citizens came to the officer's aid
3. Our community & our cops work hand-in-hand like it SHOULD be

Lol just realized, i was a bit heavy on whiskey that day and i tried to post a bit of sarcasm, obviously i didn't make it all the way lol. I forgot all about it until today after reviewing the threads i commented on, i wish there was a better way to know when someone replies to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

edit on 20-8-2015 by WarriorMH because: never mind

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

edit on 20-8-2015 by WarriorMH because: Duplicate and bad one at that

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join