It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina Wins Early Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It seems that Fiorina is the hands down 'Winner' of the early debate on FOX.
Most early polls are giving it to her, hands down. For my money, they're right...as I watched the entire debate.
What do you think, ATS?

The Early Debate: A Breakout Moment for Fiorina?

It's too soon to make any solid predictions about which candidates will benefit from the early debate featuring the GOP candidates who didn't make the cut for the primetime debate later tonight. But based on some instant reactions, it appears that Carly Fiorina has been turning heads of viewers:

www.weeklystandard.com...

Carly Fiorina won the ‘Happy Hour’ debate. By a lot.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Fiorina Wins First Fox Debate

pjmedia.com...

edit on 6-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: Links added

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

She did, but she was one of the most impressive in New Hampshire too. I just wish she didn't recycle some of her best lines.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I thought Jindal did great, as well...but, overall, Fiorina ran away with it. She is definitely Presidential material.
I'd love to watch her wipe the floor with Hillary.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

We could do a lot worse, that's for sure.

I'm not a big fan of the cronyist culture so, if she was forced out by it she may very well be a diamond in the rough.

I get the sense that she could be a Reagan type of orator if she fully embraced the free market and principled, and I hate that I have to qualify the term, classical liberalism.

Of course, that could mean the expansion of government, at least militarily. But then, we are at war, are we not?
edit on 6-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah she definitely won. As an independent I was really surprised by how well they all did.

She comes off as genuine, and extremely intelligent. She also seems to have a bit of anger to her with the current status quo in Washington that to me came off as very similar to how the average American currently feels.

If I was Hillary Clinton I would be very afraid of her. I think Fiorina's biggest problem is going to be getting to the top over other republican candidates. If she can, I see her resonating with a lot of people on both sides.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Fiorina was impressive. That being said. She has absolutely zero chance against Hillary and the political machine that she has established over the decades.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
She was great.
I think she would be a great vice president.
I only say that because the election is about familiar names and popularity, not qualifications.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I had seen her speak before but her first response I was just "wow".

Articulate, on point and informed.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The only floor that ruthless incompetent lady wiped was the HP employees whose jobs she sent overseas

That of course is what Fiorina did while head of high tech giant Hewlett Packard. Boxer has taken full advantage of that with a hard hitting attack ad which continues to run statewide. Boxer uses Fiorina's own words to point to the former CEO's decision to move work overseas. Boxer's tag line... as it has been throughout the campaign... has been "I want to see 'made in America' stamped on our products".
For some reason Fiorina has not been very good at responding to that attack. During their lone face-to-face debate she seemed to semi apologize for having to make the "very difficult move" of outsourcing some of HP's work. She has yet to address that attack ad head-on with one of her own.
www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I recorded the debate for my husband to watch later. The first thing I said was, if you want to skip candidates, be sure to watch Carly F. and Rick S.. In my opinion they did the very best. My husband watched all the candidates and ended up saying, yes Carly was the best in the debate.

I wanted to add this without reading any comments or even the OP. I did not want what others had to say to sway what I said here.
So I agree with the title of the post.

She certainly has more gravitas than Hillary and a much more likeable persona.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I recorded the debate for my husband to watch later. The first thing I said was, if you want to skip candidates, be sure to watch Carly F. and Rick S.. In my opinion they did the very best. My husband watched all the candidates and ended up saying, yes Carly was the best in the debate.

I wanted to add this without reading any comments or even the OP. I did not want what others had to say to sway what I said here.
So I agree with the title of the post.

She certainly has more gravitas than Hillary and a much more likeable persona.

I agree with your assesment; however, I doubt she'll ever get any traction. She makes the rest look like the empty suits they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I thought Jindal did great, as well...but, overall, Fiorina ran away with it. She is definitely Presidential material.
I'd love to watch her wipe the floor with Hillary.

Comments like this is what is wrong with Voters today....

"I thought so and so did well"- At what exactly? You think they did well at a debate that they had months and months to prepare for? When someone does not do well at a debate, do you know what they call that? Being unprepared.

Do you want to know what a potential candidate is going to do while in Office? Look at what they have done in their respective states.

"I think Jindal did great..." clearly that opinion is not based on his performance as Governor, as Louisiana has the HIGHEST prison population than any other COUNTRY in the world. Yes, a State has more prisoners than any other Country in the world. I could go on and on for days about what Jindal has done for the State of Louisiana- but why bother? Voters dont care about facts, instead they want to base an opinion on what is said at the debates- even if what they say does not match their actual voting records. Kinda like Obama... did great at the debates. Great at public speaking in general- but anyone who knew his voting record in the Senate KNEW what we were actually gonna get.

When will voters ever learn??

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

yes Carly F had the best performance yesterday, she really put her 'best' foot forward
she is a 'tough cookie' and will make a formidable opponent against the Clinton machine
all Carly needs is a lot of dollar power to crush the Democrats

top topics

join