It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Drops Drugs in Prison Yard - Fight Breaks Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Another use for drones, get your popcorn out folks cause this is only the beginning . lol

I have a feeling that drones, and other technologies, coupled with AI are going to add lot's of excitement for everyone in the near future. smh

Drugs Dropped In Ohio Prison Yard by Drone

A drone dropped a package of drugs into a prison yard while inmates were outside, sparking a fight, prison officials said. The package was dropped July 29 at the Mansfield Correctional Institution, about 65 miles southwest of Cleveland. It contained almost a quarter of an ounce of heroin, over 2 ounces of marijuana and more than 5 ounces of tobacco, JoEllen Smith, a spokeswoman for the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, told the Mansfield News Journal

edit on 6-8-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i can just imagine there faces when this came over the wall!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Manna from heaven!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

See just like Amazon said, Drone delivery can work LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Oh man, I didn't think of this one...what's to stop a gun or a knife from coming in....looks like the prisons are going to have to invest in some jamming equipment going forward. I know cellphones are already an issue along with drugs but yeeshhh...things can get funky...

I guess with all the bad their are certainly more good things that can be done but does the good ultimately out way the bad...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Time for the rise of the COUNTER DRONES, then that fellow arrested in Mississippi recently for downing a drone with a shotgun had a fairly simple solution. Let the guards in their watch towers augment their jobs with a form of trap shooting. Plus, each 12 gauge boom would be a reminder to the inmates.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've heard of people putting drugs inside golf balls, and hitting them over the fences of prisons.

But to use a drone, now that's creative...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If this happens too often the prisoners are just going to be banned from going outside..

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For the last few months I've been hearing about drone drops in prison yards, I wonder if this is a setup for new drone laws, as there is no mention of who done it?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It had to either be a setup for new drone laws, or a planned drop for a specific person or group. A quarter oz of heroin is gonna cost around $500 at least. Same for the 2oz of pot. Who's gonna go to the trouble to do that just for a prank? Over $1000 plus risking losing the drone?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Or they will put up nets. But then smaller packages could still potentially get through.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Or they will put up nets. But then smaller packages could still potentially get through.

On one of my extended stays, our outside was a gym with windows.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Drones are opening a huge can of worms. This is going to cause headaches for the FAA, Homeland Security, Prisons, and the general publics privacy.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
wonder why this is just now happening with drones.
i dont even like that all the private peoples 'drones' are called 'drones'

when i think of a drone i think the predator. you know, a bad bitch.

billy bob dropping dope is not using a drone. he is using an RC plane or something and those have been around for years.
wonder why nobody has mad a drop like this before.

or an RC truck up to an unwatched corner of the fence where one of the inmates is sitting.
there is is.

not a drone
www.xheli.com...

is a drone
s.hswstatic.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've heard of people putting drugs inside golf balls, and hitting them over the fences of prisons.

I would suggest that putting drugs in golf balls and hitting them into a prison yard is FAR more creative than using a drone.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have a massive hobbyists interests in this type of tech, Since the flash ones came out i have been waiting for something like this and tbh i am not surprised .

Countermeasures will need to be put in place in order to mitigate this type of thing .
Where will that road end though ?

Not letting people go outside is abit of a stretch i would say, we need sunlight .. Our cogs stop spinning properly if we dont have access to that kind of thing "ya know what i mean ?
"

Bearing that in mind though, it could be argued that someone punching on with someone over a points wheels fell off a long time ago ...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I would suggest that putting drugs in golf balls and hitting them into a prison yard is FAR more creative than using a drone.

Mmmmm, Depends ...
Alot less inconspicuous though .

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
in the UK - high powered catapults are a common way for packages of drugs to be delivered into open prisons

UK prison categories

typically cat D facilities have only a single 4m " anti climb fence " - and less than that around agricultural work areas

top topics

join