It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Arrest 3 Men Accused of Prepping for Martial Law! Don't Be Too Prepared Or Its Jail Time!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Three North Carolina men fearing a terrible government takeover, and some sort of martial law that will most likely have us in FEMA camps started to stockpile weapons, ammunition and tactical gear while attempting to rig home-made explosives.
So the Justice Department/FBI had them arrested for. . . . . Prepping for Martial Law!

The men were from Gaston County, near Charlotte, they were arrested by federal authorities more than a month's investigation, so they were being watched. How many others are being watched too for stocking up on guns and ammo?

Walter Eugene Litteral, 50, Christopher James Barker, 41, and Christopher Todd Campbell, 30, were accused of stockpiling guns and ammunition(which I didnt know was a crime), as well as attempting to manufacture pipe bombs and live grenades from military surplus "dummy" grenades. Like making tennis balls into grenades with nails.

According to the feds Litteral and Campbell spoke openly about their opposition to Jade Helm 15, the well known series of ongoing special forces training missions in several Southwestern states that has drawn suspicion from residents who fear it is part of a planned military takeover.

So what do you think of this case? Are more to come soon? Is this the tip of the iceberg?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They were fine until this part:

attempting to manufacture pipe bombs and live grenades from military surplus "dummy" grenades. Like making tennis balls into grenades with nails.

The firearm charges won't stick unless they had a felony criminal record and, judging from the way they look, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the problem.
edit on 8/4/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Like Answer said, probably shouldn't be trying to make homemade bombs.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

As the story goes one was a felon. So he's look'n at
some serious time. Manufacturing pipe bombs sixteen
months to 3yrs in Cali for the first offense no priors.
Why judge their looks?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Well they were arrested for making homemade bombs. IED's.

Not for, as your headline states, prepping for martial law.

I'm just wondering how the Feds got on their trail.

Or if the Feds started the trail.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Prepping with bombs. . . . .
Not too bright there who tries to make bombs? Why?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Haha 3/4 of the people in the town I grew up in would be in jail if they seen the IED we played with during the summers.
edit on Wed, 05 Aug 2015 00:19:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Haha 3/4 of the people in the town I grew up in would be in jail if they seen the IED we played with during the summers.

I know right lots of cherry bomb fireworks anyone? Blowing up old gi joe toys for entertainment?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Blanket statement:

Insurgents.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nothing I'm aware of makes number of firearms or ammunition quantity against the law. Seems bogus to cite those and playing to media.

On the other hand messing with explosive devices is a no no.

Giant opsec failure by these characters who will get the book thrown at them.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They are a little late..

Abraham Lincoln declared martial law during the Civil War. Martial law has not been lifted yet from his declaration of martial law, over a hundred years ago. This Awareness indicates that any time entities in power want to do something that is illegal under the Constitution, they go simply ahead with it under the principle of the martial law declared by Lincoln. That is how the Executive Orders are presented. They are Executive Orders based on martial law that has not been lifted. This is also referred to as admiralty law.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PaperMetel

Hm. Funny, I don't see troops on the street corners, and I don't see judges exercising the expanded powers of martial law in court rooms.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Blanket statement:

Insurgents.

Found this interesting point on homegrown terrorism and what it may mean for anyone thinking of stockpiling various weapons.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaperMetel
They are Executive Orders based on martial law that has not been lifted.

Please list these "executive orders"

This is also referred to as admiralty law.

FOTL garbage! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Oldest trick in the book.

Create an enemy. Get public support.

Evidence doesn't matter.

Suppress evidence.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom Although the terms may differ, there are essentially two types of martial law. There is the hard core, very overt from of martial which is not disguised, it is simply brutal and deadly. The second type of martial law is often referred to as a “soft” type of martial law. We are under the soft type of martial law. Next time your in court take a look at the flag. Notice the gold fringe around the outside..

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PaperMetel

Oh, this is all part of that "Sovereign Citizen" garbage.

Here you go, straight from the Pentagon's own website:

Q9: What is the background information about fringe on the U.S. Flag?

Gold fringe is used on the National flag as an honorable enrichment only. It is not regarded as an integral part of the flag and its use does not constitute an unauthorized addition to the design prescribed by statutes.

Records of the Department of the Army indicate that fringe was used on the National flag as early as 1835 and its official use by the Army dates from 1895. There is no record of an Act of Congress or Executive Order which either prescribes or prohibits the addition of fringe, nor is there any indication that any symbolism was ever associated with it. The use of fringe is optional with the person or organization displaying the flag.

A 1925 Attorney General's Opinion (34 Op. Atty. Gen 483) states:

"The fringe does not appear to be regarded as an integral part of the flag, and its presence cannot be said to constitute an unauthorized additional to the design prescribed by statute. An external fringe is to be distinguished from letters, words, or emblematic designs printed or superimposed upon the body of the flag itself. Under the law, such additions might be open to objection as unauthorized; but the same is not necessarily true of the fringe."

It is customary to place gold fringe on silken (rayon-silk-nylon) National flags that are carried in parades, used in official ceremonies, and displayed in offices, merely to enhance the beauty of the flag. The use of fringe is not restricted to the Federal Government. Such flags are used and displayed by our Armed Forces, veterans, civic and civilian organizations, and private individuals. However, it is the custom not to use fringe on flags displayed from stationary flagpoles and, traditionally, fringe has not been used on internment flags.

Pentagon Website (.mil)

But if you want to go ahead and try to argue with a judge in a court room over it and refuse to "board the ship" -- go right ahead...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Prepping does not normal involve "pipe bombs" and attempting to take "dummy" grenades and turn them into lethal means. These men were arrested for explosives and had nothing to do with "prepping". The press has once again created an issue and some others have run with it to attempt to strike fear and cause more problems....again these men were arrested for possession and manufacturing explosives devices...period.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nail bombs???

Sick pricks.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

As the story goes one was a felon. So he's look'n at
some serious time. Manufacturing pipe bombs sixteen
months to 3yrs in Cali for the first offense no priors.
Why judge their looks?

We all judge people based on their looks. To pretend that you don't is nonsense. It's funny that you say "why judge their looks" when I was actually right that one is a felon.

Profiling is instinctual and is hardwired into us to keep us alive.

"I see forward facing eyes, a large body, and long teeth... that thing probably wants to eat me."

"This thing has bright colors and spines... it's probably poisonous."

Etc.
edit on 8/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join