It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop draws his gun because a person was filming him?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this really is scary. and this happened in the small city 5 miles down the road from where i live. the cop even says "what are you? some kind of constitutionalist crazy guy?" what the heck is going on? i do support police to an extent, (i was a military policeman for 4 years) but this is getting extremely out of control!

www.copblock.org...

this is also a department that had a contested shooting a few years ago. in that case, an asian man had had a very bad day at work. came home, got very drunk, and went outside to become loud and obnoxious and blow off steam. he also was swinging a broom around in his own drive way but not threatening any one. cops pull up. wife is out there trying to calm him down and then calm the police down. police shoot him because they said he was wielding the broom like a martial artist. he had no training at all. wife is also a certified nurse. cops would not allow her to give first aid to her husband. he died. ruled justifiable use of force.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

To a LEO, personal safety is #1 followed closely by control of the evidence chain.
No evidence, no crime.
That's why a camera is as dangerous as a gun.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Damn constitution supporting thugs! the camera man should have bent over backward for the cop, and kissed his ass in complete submission!

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Pretty sad day in our country when public officials think there is something wrong with a person who supports the Constitution. I thought it was their job also.
edit on 8/4/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I would have immediately called state police or FBI field office in that order...depending on what state police said. I would have pressed charges (pretty sure a few apply here) next call would be a law office to speak with an attorney. This is blaten intimidation and should not be tolerated. Hell I would probably email the that video to every local news channel and news paper in the state as well. This kind of thing boils my blood!

Had he been armed and felt threatened like I would have...and defended himself...even just drawing on the officer which never identified himself as an officer, who do you think would get charged with the crime regardless of if shots landed?...cause you know they would have been fired.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ourt of control law enforcement! No discipline obviously, and what real danger was this pig in? Hey, I was a military cop as well OP, longer than you, and I have absolutely zero respect for zero cops today. Too many incidents, and not enough "good" cops to put the bad ones in place. If I was the guy with the camera, I would've been screaming "help, this psycho has a gun and is going to kill me!" Police are not our allies, period.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

This is definitely a little disturbing.

Why does it seem that LEOs intentionally attempt to escalate a situation? I just don't understand. It's like they want people to overreact and begin to get upset, just so they can arrest them and complicate an otherwise harmless situation. Do officers "get off" on arresting people and throwing people around? Honestly, I'm really starting to believe they do.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
LEO: "what are you one of those crazy constitutionalists guys "

*cough* .... It's apparent that when that LEO took His oath to defend an uphold the constitution , it was all smoke .....

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am afraid the day is coming when a police officers pull his weapon and approaches, people will take it as a death threat just like with any other member of the public. The police state doesn't win in the long run.
edit on 8/4/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You're damn right there...eventually, if they keep going down this path, the general public will likely start viewing these events as a serious threat. That's when someone who the cop never saw will see the actions of the officer and come to the citizens aid and blamo cop gets shot in the back.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the day when police are officially added to the list of domestic terrorists....round 'em up and put 'em in Gitmo.

I'm fairly certain that we, the citizens, could police ourselves more justly than these clown in blue.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am concerned that enforcement in general doesn't seem to have issues with all this misconduct and the picture it is painting for our society. I would have thought that at least some fake damage control would take place.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Crikey
The US is insane, tho cop puts two hands on his gun like he intends to aim and shoot because he is being photographed.

There is a pervasive evil in those actions.

It truly seems that the US as a nation and people are on the verge of explosion.
People in suburbs being treated like that.

The 2cent was on his two way for minutes, he would have known every detail about the man he drew his gun on, every detail.
That was sheer intimidation and a great deal of authority being abused.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

thank you for your service there shooter. i guess i still have hope for some real, actual, GOOD and DECENT police out there!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The cop even says "what are you? some kind of constitutionalist crazy guy?"

This quote made me laugh.

Apparently you are 'crazy' for supporting the Constitution.
edit on 2015/8/4 by Metallicus because: space

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This brings up something. There should be an app that sends your recording directly to a remote location. Police often take the devices to get rid of the evidence or confiscate it. You would have no protection if the cop took the cell phone and destroyed the evidence. Then they can say anything happened. If they knew the recordings were being sent elsewhere, there may be a change in the way these incidents play out as they would know getting the device or harassing the shooter would have zero effect of the evidence being secured. It could send the videos to friends, a remote drive, wherever. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
This brings up something. There should be an app that sends your recording directly to a remote location..

that is not a bad idea.
I think a kickstarter project might be the way to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Look for ACLU App. Android, and Apple. It streams directly to their server.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
a reply to: spirit_horse

Look for ACLU App. Android, and Apple. It streams directly to their server.

cheers for that mate. didn't know this existed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join