It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Mayan Long Count End Date? June 3rd, 2016

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Good to see you picking it up here.

Going to read now.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neutrinostargate

The only question I really have is why do you think anything will happen?

The Julian calendar finishes every Dec 31st and we start again on Jan 1st any reason to think why this or any other 'long count' calendar would not just start over in exactly the same way?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Because the Aztecs mentioned or feared the end of the world after a 52 year calendar round cycle. So happens the last calendar round cycle occurs on June 2nd, 2016 or May 20th, 2016.

So yes, I am concerned, very concerned about this time period in 3 months from now.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My old thread gets closed out, with lots of comments and flags. A Mod tell me to pick it up on this old thread again here, yet nobody flags it or comments on this one? LOL

Here is this that further supports my theory that the real Mayan end date is June 2nd, 2016.

Dec. 21st, 2012 its actually June 2nd, 2016 if you take away leap years.

graphics.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutrinostargate

Because the Aztecs mentioned or feared the end of the world after a 52 year calendar round cycle. So happens the last calendar round cycle occurs on June 2nd, 2016 or May 20th, 2016.

So yes, I am concerned, very concerned about this time period in 3 months from now.

You might reconsider.

They failed to predict the drought and the end of their own civilization. If they'd been good at prognostication, they would have predicted those, too.

In addition, there's at least one stele with a reference far in the future (3000 AD-ish, as I recall.)

And the Mayan long calendar was based on numbers and cycles and didn't actually involve leap years. (see summary answer here)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutrinostargate

Because the Aztecs mentioned or feared the end of the world after a 52 year calendar round cycle.

Care to show us exactly where they state that?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Almost every year, divisible by 4 is a leap year, except for years divisible by 100 and not by 400 as well. Did you take that into consideration? The Gregorian calendar only started in 1582. How did you determine which day to start counting? My apologies if this seems stupid questions, but I know next to nothing on the subject, but I do like the Newton angle. Makes for an interesting coincidence...or not?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
although it seems improbable something big to happen NOW within 24/48 hours, it is also very probable something big to happen ANYWAY. The delay was just too long, starting from 2000, or starting from the end of the cold war 1989. If you will, from the establishment of Israel and then the retake of Jerusalem (49 years or 1 jubilee).

In other words, tomorrow morning there might not be any ships on the sky. But we will be surprised anyway very soon without any further forewarning.

Similarly, the catholic endless expectation of a great warning, or the protestant rapture, may occur without any further forewarning, prophecy or sign.

Antichrist? Ramadan? How many of them should we count?

Aliens on recently discovered strange pulsating star? That eat people? Why should they eat the poisoned human race?

Once it will happen. Without the possibility of return to the status quo ante. Not one day event, but a new era starting from there.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The delay was just too long, starting from 2000, or starting from the end of the cold war 1989.

16 to 27 years is a long time on a planet where major changes are measured in thousands or millions of years?

Mankind is famous for his fear of the sky falling.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

yes but not for the ET race that created the calendar. They know of how long our lifespan is. If they repeatedly fail with dates, such as 2012 failure, there won't be many people left to wait for them. They have to keep their own schedule, even if there might be disturbances due to long count. They are superior advanced, so it shouldn't be a problem for those who can have not only looking glass tech but also stargate to jump to different places and times.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Come and gone, and nothing happened. Then again no one really thought anything else would happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

yes come and gone. Prophecy proved not to follow dates.

still, we are on the brink for so many things, lastly the US-Russia standoff. June 20-21 solstice could be an important date. Shroeder ex-chancellor expressed his regret over the NATO wargames so close to the 75th anniversary of the Nazi Germany sneak attack on the Soviet Union, June 22, 1941 early morning.

I don't say this or that will happen. May be nothing. May be something else.
Can't imagine all those calendars would pass by for thousands of years and we will still be with stone age mentality ready to kill the planet for nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join