It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American Statehood

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm curious as to whether or not this is even something African Americans would be interested in.

You're own little piece of America. You're own country to run however you see fit.

Not some BS Israel deal where something like 15% of the population got 50% of the land, but a fair 13%.

What would you say to such an offer?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

If you said free trips back to Africa would that be racist? Is this thread racist for even suggesting a segregated land. Star and flag balls of steel.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But why?

What would this accomplish other than further the racial divide in this country? I don't know why any American would give up citizenship to the union for any kind of reason if you still lived in the Continental USA.

The whole idea behind America was to de-segregate people and cultures in order to work together to create the Union.

That would be a step backwards IMO.

~tenth
edit on 8/4/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This topic is extremely creepy. Would you like to have your own little white state? Isn't that really what you are saying?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

You're own little piece of America. You're own country to run however you see fit.

I'm pretty sure we already have that. They're called inner cities.

But imagine what it would do for violent crime and property values for the rest of the country if your idea was implemented lol

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
kind of overtly racisist, so I hope you are ready for the pile you just stepped in. Kindah like asking Black people if they want a boat ride back to Africa don't you think? But.... I can see why you would ask and not think it as negative. If "they" are complaining about white privilege, or "they" are feeling kept under thumb, it's a way out. Why don't you start a Kickstarter campaign or a go fund and create a real company, that offers free rides, call it Race to Reverse Racisim to keep it frendly and positive and Not Racisist. That will fix it... Just round everybody up that you fear, but do it in a way so it seems like it is for them. How has noone ever thought of this before?! Wait, segregation was about white people being racist right, not helping to end the problems that come along with a melting pot culture. The more we divide the less we seem the same.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How would you figure out who would go into this little separate piece of America? What about mixed race people?
What other ethnic groups might want their own piece of land?

Strange proposition. ...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The more I think about this, the more it irks me. Your idea is completely segregationist and it took our country decades to overcome that nightmare, and here you are in the 21st century suggesting we bring it back. UGH.

Why African Americans? They are AMERICANS just like I am, and I don't want to be off in some little segregated "spot" by myself and I'm sure they don't either.

Good lord.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but African Americans are free to leave this country any time they wish. After getting a pass port of course.
I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms by their homeland.
Besides, who's land are you planning on stealing to give to them?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Liberia was already tried by was it the Mormons or Quakers and President Monroe? Look it up and see what happened.

STM

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Well hold on now, we did it for the Indians who laid claim to the land and were conquered and treated no less cruelly so are the reservations that are in place racist?

I'm being a bit of a devils advocate but I know two things surely this thread will be closed before the stock market, and two, the feelings or desires that the minority groups have cannot be offered to be fixed. To feel justice has been served it seems these feelings can only be expressed by the minority group and rights must be given amongst pressure of the apparent majority group, for it to have meaning and be a true social change.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They are U.S citizens, born in the U.S.A. They already have a country. It is called America.

You are presuming too much.

I was reading over at the Guardian today. There is an article about a billionaire who is proposing buying an under populated area and dealing with the refugee problem by creating a new state. It is an interesting idea for people who literally have no country. The Americans you speak of have the same rights as you under the same laws as you. They already have a country. It doesn't apply in that respect.

That applies to both Black and Caucasian Americans and everybody in between.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

lolz
edit on 4-8-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Excellent reply!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Native Americans were promised land of their own... we know what happened there.

Native South Africans were given land of their own... history can be telling

European Jews were given enclaves in cities across Europe and Russia... result: pogroms.

Bad ideas all around because fences don't make good neighbours.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Nation of Islam has called for the same for years. Not a new idea, as far as opinion, associate with whomever you want to.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What about the white folks (and other ethnicities) that live in this supposed exclusive zone? Forced relocation?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Interesting. Just this weekend one of my co-workers was discussing whether her children, that are attending a highly rated private school, needed some balance in their lives. She said her children are the only Black children in the school and outside of family don't have much exposure to their culture.

I asked her what nationality she was. She told me she was American. I asked her if her what culture did she feel here children may be deprived. She laughed and said, you know you really make it sound so simple. You are right. I am American, my children are American, I don't know I why I even allow stupid people to make me feel guilty about my children not being exposed to some supposed culture that I don't even understand.

There in lies the problem. People start to believe the hype.

What you are proposing is a prison State or Island. Who decides who goes and who belongs? Just because two people share the same skin tone, doesn’t mean they have anything else in common. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are uninformed or misled. I scream until I am blue in the face, asking people to stop believing the hype.

I am late with the media stuff, not a big fan, but I saw some of the movie Nightstalker, yesterday. The news producer was brutally honest about what makes the cut, and what makes the ratings. It is not stories about everyday ordinary people living together and working together peacefully. They sell it you buy it. Please stop buying it, and please stop promoting it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well hold on now, we did it for the Indians who laid claim to the land and were conquered and treated no less cruelly so are the reservations that are in place racist?

Yes, because we came here and committed a 400 year campaign of genocide against them ( which we still are doing btw).

African Americans came here in the white slavery push ( along with some of their own leaders selling them to European trade slavers) and had no choice but to settle here afterwards. They never had any claim to state-ship to begin with, at least not in North America.

so are the reservations that are in place racist?

Yes. The 'land' if you can call it that, given to most Native People's is garbage land a lot of the time. Had we been fair, we would have given them half the good land, you know, where they could actually continue thriving as a culture, instead of all these crap reserves.

I know about Canada that the US mind you, and we completely and utterly screwed them and continue to do so.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree 100% just wanted to get your take on the matter, so essentially institutionalized racism is still well and thriving.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join