It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Forgets to Turn Off Autopilot: Classic Photo is Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think the picture speaks for itself here....in more ways than one.

Well played by the gentlemen who orchestrated this most apropos photo. Well played indeed...

Here's the backstory if you're interested:

Scott Walker Gets Punked...

edit on 4-8-2015 by Argus100 because: Added source link

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

Haha, he is a fool and was being nice to some people!

What a jackass!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
what a dud of a story.

i just hope it doesn't continue to devolve to the point where someone decides to "pants" Gov. Christie. I can't help but feel the burn of having to live in a nation with a predominantly pubescent mindset.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Kinda sad that I can't name a politician that wouldn't accept a $900,000,000 check.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I don't get the photo

Wait is that 100 mill

900 ?

Something's off
edit on 4-8-2015 by HilaryF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Remember back in the day (Monday) a few years ago when Walker was punked by a radio show into believing he was talking to one of the Koch brothers on the phone, and was all gushy and best-buddy with him. Maybe his dreams will come through on the money angle, and he'll have enough KochCash to spread his nonsense around a bit more. Too weak looking to be president, genetics hit a foul ball with this guy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed. Well said. I applaud you.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HilaryF

It's $900,000,000.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Now more people will vote for Walker !!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
what a dud of a story.

How so exactly? I don't think this was intended to be Pulitzer Prize winning photography/journalism here. It's definitely a "gotcha" situation, but if It was at least partly intended (like with any "good" or thought provoking photo) to simply get people to think about how the power & money machine owns politicians and the entire political process, I think it's hard to argue that it doesn't work quite well on that level. Obviously it's purposely only hitting a conservative here, but if the picture somehow managed to go after both sides would folks who find this story irritating or a dud feel differently? And if so, I think that's an interesting thing to think about.

It feels simply like a tame photographic idiom to me.

All of the abovementioned things make me feel like contemplating whether or not this can be labeled as a dud may be pointless? I respect your opinion though and get why some may feel a "cmon, really?" initial reaction.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

American politics certainly doesn't reside in an Ivory Tower of Pureness....but this just debases it even further. "Gotcha" politics are not truth, they are half truths mixed with truthiness. It is the mindless chatter that drowns out discussion on the topics of debate, and this particular stunt will only cause the candidates to distance themselves further from a public that doesn't seem to have the intellectual depth to move beyond soundbites, memes, hyperbole and "Gotcha's".

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Kinda sad that I can't name a politician that wouldn't accept a $900,000,000 check.

I can't think of one either my friend. It's a tough setup to deal with. I'm sure every candidate is aware of the sketchiness of getting ridiculous amounts of money from someone who is giving it to them in a cash for policy influence exchange.

But they also all know that if they don't take it, the other guy will...and who has the most money will obviously make the odds strongly in their favor.

The picture says much more about system than the candidate in my opinion. Sanders is the only candidate at this point that i get a slightly different feel from when it comes to his approach. The way things are though, any minute now a huge sanders scandal could be all over the news and I wouldn't even flinch.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He is probably saying. Darn, I was hoping it was real.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If it had been Hillary Clinton who had been 'got' with
a check like that by George Soros, would you have
also taken the high road for her?

I'm not saying you wouldn't have.. I'm just asking
the obvious question.

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

If it had been Hillary Clinton who had been 'got' with
a check like that by George Soros, would you have
also taken the high road for her?

I'm not saying you wouldn't have.. I'm just asking
the obvious question.

Kev

Id do the same as I did this time: hold my nose while defending her.

Listen, partisanship is stupid. Let me correct....partisanship is Stupid (with a capital S). I have no loyalty to any group outside my family. So i vote whats best for them. I could give 3 rats asses what party they are in.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Good to hear!

I'm so disgusted with white collar criminal training camp
(US National Politics) that I don't participate.

Of course when good people do nothing...

sigh*

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

American politics certainly doesn't reside in an Ivory Tower of Pureness....but this just debases it even further. "Gotcha" politics are not truth, they are half truths mixed with truthiness. It is the mindless chatter that drowns out discussion on the topics of debate, and this particular stunt will only cause the candidates to distance themselves further from a public that doesn't seem to have the intellectual depth to move beyond soundbites, memes, hyperbole and "Gotcha's".

I pretty much totally agree with everything your saying here. It's depressing as hell, but sometimes when it setting out to get a result in ones approach towards the 24 hour news obssesed, viral over vital popular culture, the relativity of principle becomes abstract and has to be weighed if ANY result is to be expected. You gotta go with what connects out of necessity if seeding the thought is truly important.

If the guy was holding a "@$ck Scott Walker" sign it would be nothing more than a "gotcha". This is a conversation starter though. This may seem somewhat shocking to a lot of you, but Xuenchen's comment actually highlights an interesting point - This will actually be viewed as a positive for Walker by a lot of folks who see/contemplate the image. That's another one of the reasons why this is a bit more compelling than just a gotcha.

It would be interesting to have 50 random people view the image without any context and see what their initial reaction is. I bet the majority would at least initially think that Scott Walker just scored big time!

This election will be about the people of this country finally getting what they're asking for...entertainment!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Maybe it's for the best. After all, if they "distance" themselves enough, it should be easy to round them all up and fire them into the sun.

top topics

join