It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

giraffe killed for sport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Well how else do the PC public shaming mobs start? Exactly like this, highlight someone, plastering their face on the internet and letting everyone know that they are bad people and should be punished.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Want some gorilla meat?
Maybe you don't, but the African immigrant community in New York City wants it. They want it so much that Africans kill the gorillas and smuggle the meat into the US to sell it here.
Yes, you can buy the flesh of endangered gorillas, shot by African poachers, in New York City.
ABC News
I wonder if anyone put signs on the huts calling them murderers? No, that would be hard.
It is much easier to get upset about the death of one non-endangered animal and put signs on the lawn of the guy that paid the fees and the guides.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: sparky31

originally posted by: bananashooter

I am just saying' don't board the shame-train just because the tickets are free. There is a big difference between the good fight and the feel good fight.

I just read a story of a 80 year old guy with the same name as Cecils murderer, who is now getting harassed and threatened by a huge idiotic mob of people thinking he was the guy.

If you are going to form a mob, make sure you are doing it to actually change something and not just to join in on the fun.
what u think i,m trying to form a mob?and join in on the fun?what fun?in a week a lion and a giraffe i,ve heard of been shot for fun,no one like me is going to change anything but putting it out there may get more people talking about it and have an impact to where it puts pressure on the idiots that think its cool to shoot the wonders of our planet.

If you think those two animals are a lot, you probably shouldn't research trophy hunting in Africa.
You will find out how many countries allow it, how many animals of each species are harvested and how much it costs.
You may also learn what is done with the money raised by the hunts. Depending on the country, quite a bit of the money is used to protect the herds from poachers. Local poachers that do not spend any money on licenses or permits.
i,m not navie on what is hunted in africa but i question why,why should killing be used to protect?billions are spent on wepons when it could be spent on trying to save species that are on verge of dying out.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I mean really, how long have people been doing this? Since guns were invented, people have been hunting in Africa and shooting all kinds of stuff.

All of a sudden people care? People just want to shame, that's all they care about, just jumping on the bandwagon.

OMG Microsoft and Cabellas both promote this behavior, better start a campaign to stop that just like the dukes of hazzard memorabilia, guilty by association.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I am just saying' don't board the shame-train just because the tickets are free. There is a big difference between the good fight and the feel good fight.

I just read a story of a 80 year old guy with the same name as Cecils murderer, who is now getting harassed and threatened by a huge idiotic mob of people thinking he was the guy.

If you are going to form a mob, make sure you are doing it to actually change something and not just to join in on the fun.
what u think i,m trying to form a mob?and join in on the fun?what fun?in a week a lion and a giraffe i,ve heard of been shot for fun,no one like me is going to change anything but putting it out there may get more people talking about it and have an impact to where it puts pressure on the idiots that think its cool to shoot the wonders of our planet.

If you think those two animals are a lot, you probably shouldn't research trophy hunting in Africa.
You will find out how many countries allow it, how many animals of each species are harvested and how much it costs.
You may also learn what is done with the money raised by the hunts. Depending on the country, quite a bit of the money is used to protect the herds from poachers. Local poachers that do not spend any money on licenses or permits.
i,m not navie on what is hunted in africa but i question why,why should killing be used to protect?billions are spent on wepons when it could be spent on trying to save species that are on verge of dying out.

What can you do about it?
How many people actually think that war is a good thing?
Only nut cases and the people that profit from war.
Yet war keeps going on constantly.
As it is, you can watch it all happen, and that is about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What can you do about it?
How many people actually think that war is a good thing?
Only nut cases and the people that profit from war.
Yet war keeps going on constantly.
As it is, you can watch it all happen, and that is about it.
can,t do nothing but wish i could,world is a messed up place.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It would be pretty boring if it was all sunshine and rainbows.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: bananashooter

obama is blamed for everything around here.
im sure he did or did not do something to cause this tragic death
I had a kidney stone not long after Obama started....

damn now I am thinking

But seriously folks...why always this "bigger issues in the world" canned statements that pop up every single time?

Is it not possible that the people who share outrage over poaching can also be completely for economic reform? Ending hunger? homelessness?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
People who kill other animals, strictly for hanging their head on a wall and their fur to make a rug are sadists. No other commentary necessary. Killing to survive is entirely another matter. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Faith in humanity needs to be restored, whats the point in hunting such beautiful animals.
They say its like a Trophy. I am sure these hunters will eventually during their lifetime regret doing such acts of cruelty.
I recently watched a documentary giving an insight into Large hunting conservations in South Africa were animals are brought to this earth for the sole purpose to be hunted and killed in a controlled manner for money.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZEROZETA
Faith in humanity needs to be restored, whats the point in hunting such beautiful animals.
They say its like a Trophy. I am sure these hunters will eventually during their lifetime regret doing such acts of cruelty.
I recently watched a documentary giving an insight into Large hunting conservations in South Africa were animals are brought to this earth for the sole purpose to be hunted and killed in a controlled manner for money.
hunters will regret it ?i think you are really grabbing at straws.they don,t see how it matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

To me it's not just killing an animal, it's the hunt,” she told TODAY on Monday.

“…Everybody just thinks we're cold-hearted killers, and it's not that. There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn't mean we don't have a respect for them. Giraffes are very dangerous animals. They could hurt you seriously very quickly,” she added.

I find it insane. By this logic a being who sees her as an animal and say it has a connection with her for instance an smarter alien life form has every right to kill her and put her head on the wall as a trophy. Killing for sport and to show of violence and be proud of killing. Quite a ego demonic behavior.
edit on 3-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Because people are rude and uncaring about the beauty in our world. It's sad. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have no issue with hunting for food(even as a vegetarian personally), with an animal's carcass being used to it's potential, and done legally-not loured out such as Cecil was. With those trophy attitude threats, it's all fun and games until she's caught doing it illegally. Until then she's just bragging for opposition on social media.

Actually as a women why would she want to support that dentist, as he's a criminal not only over Cecil but report came in that a women accused him of sexual harassment-see here. Overall it makes her position weak.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm not a vegetarian, so I can't say that "no animals were harmed while I live my life".... but I like to think that by choosing free-range livestock, etc the animals in question are treated humanely in life and are killed in as quick and painless a process as possible.

I also have no issue with someone hunting say, deer, and then butchering it and eating it while also using the hide for something.

When it comes to this big game stuff, shooting lions and giraffes and the like.... I have two views.

1) On a personal level, I'm not sure I entirely understand the appeal of shooting one. Is it to prove one's skills as a marksman? Wouldn't there be other, more difficult tests for that? I forget where I heard this but it seems to ring at least partially true.... If a child is caught killing an animal for fun, alarm bells go off that he may become a psychopath. When an adult does it, its a hobby.

2) As odd as it may sound, I think I understand at least a small part of the conservation side of the hunts. Let me put it this way, if these hunt-organizing companies get paid tens of thousands of dollars for some foreigner to come in and kill one animal, wouldn't it be in those companies best interests to make sure they don't run out of animals to shoot? I admit I could be wrong, but I speculate that some of the hunt-organizers have as detailed information about animal populations as conservation groups. I think it was Rush Limbaugh (I know, I know) that said something like, "If you want to make sure pandas don't go extinct.... start serving them on the menu. Chickens and cows will never go extinct." As obnoxious as he is, he has a point. (And no, I'm not suggesting we start eating lions).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join