It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You know, when looking at the original the entire landscape is remarkably similar to Chaco Canyon. NM. It's also worth noting that given the landscape and the size and height of the anomaly, it's right in the location on the rock wall (tucked in a recess, easy to see from a distance and protected from weathering) that you'd often see in the 4 corners region of the U.S.

Also worth noting, that seldom did I ever see a single petroglyph stand alone except if it was something like a sun dial. But most petroglyphs were usually (from what I could tell) depictions of local wildlife, presumably so they knew what could be hunted and eaten along the Anasazi paths from pueblo to pueblo. I don't see anything like that however on this Martin wall. *shrugs* still pretty cool though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

You know, when looking at the original the entire landscape is remarkably similar to Chaco Canyon. NM. It's also worth noting that given the landscape and the size and height of the anomaly, it's right in the location on the rock wall (tucked in a recess, easy to see from a distance and protected from weathering) that you'd often see in the 4 corners region of the U.S.

Obviously I can't tell what it is but if I were walking in Chaco NM and saw something similar here on Earth, I'd walk over and check it out.

Cool pic, Donno what it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well for those complaining that this is something more than just a rock remember this...

Until it is shown otherwise this is just a rock on a planet covered by and get this...Just Rocks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Obviously I can't tell what it is but if I were walking in Chaco NM and saw something similar here on Earth, I'd walk over and check it out.

Cool pic, Donno what it is.

As far as I know there is only one "functioning" sun dial atop of Fajada Butte where light shine through the rock face and hits the dial during solstices and what not. I did see a second sun dial carved on a wall face during my walk and spoke to a few staff there. It seems to be u acknowledged from what I could tell but they are still in the process of cataloging and determining what is real and what is graffiti in certain places. Thankfully, I was smart enough to get pics...so it certainly happened.

The sound dials don't look anything like this image. There was a rock painting (forget term not petroglyph) of a star and crescent moon. The Mars anomaly reminds me of the old Santa Cruz surfing logo.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The point that gets under my skin is that we are there to explore and find things, AnyTHING. Which does not have to be little grey guys, but possibly a plant, odd mineral deposit, remnants of ancient fossil life, and yes, possibly even signs of either transient [Ancient or recent] intelligent life or [Extinct] indigenous intelligent life

In any case, We're there to explore and go, "Oooooh, Ahhhhh, Check that out"

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well for those complaining that this is something more than just a rock remember this...

Until it is shown otherwise this is just a rock on a planet covered by and get this...Just Rocks.

This thread and pic is hardly a smoking gun but could easily be argued as the most curious picture to date of something anomalous on Mars.

Well aside from rovers that is.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
On the 2014 and 2015 Mars anomalies threads that shape is what some of us call a Spoke Creature. There have been quite a few finds of these, and this is a good one. Would like to see it blown up a bit more, even at 400 percent I can't make out many of the inner details.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

In any case, We're there to explore and go, "Oooooh, Ahhhhh, Check that out"

Yes we are, but to complain because someone called a rock on a planet full of rocks is amazing...because unless it can be shown to be something other than a rock, what is it...a rock.

I would love to see more than just rocks there, but until that happens all we are going to see are well rocks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: ypperst

Normally, I wuldn't respond to such threads but I'm going to make an exception this time..because..I've had enough.

For years, we've had people posting pictures of rocks that could resemble almost anything if you stared at it long enough. "Hey guys! Is this a severed finger on mars?" or "hey guys! I found a primitive vase in the mars rover pictures!"

It's BS.

There's nothing on mars exept for rocks that have been eroded in an infinite and random fashion by the weather.

That's not to say mars is not interesting. We know that it has probably and still might be home to basic life in bacteria and such, but nothing advanced enough to make anything of this nature. Move along, there's nothing to see here...unless you came to look at rocks.

Interesting that you know for sure. We should have just asked you.

There are valid theories out there, from actual scientists, that Mars could have had life for millions of years and that life could have evolved during those millions of years. In fact we could be talking about hundreds of millions of years. We don't know. We also don't really know how fast life can evolve given the right circumstances or how it can evolve. Without scientific research and investigation, we will never know. Without boots on the ground, the best we have are the scientific instruments on our rovers and satellites there and ...these pictures.

Why wouldn't we look at these like archeologists or paleontologist or of course even geologists. If all scientists on earth were like you, we would still be denying the pyramids in Egypt, because...well they look like rocks.

Let's deny ignorance. If you don't like these threads you should stay out of them.

Yes, but credible science is not idiotic enough to be looking at photos of Mars and thinking they can see Human faces, bugs, vases, footprints, buildings, space ships, messages, Human symbols from ancient Human civilizations...

The life they speak of is not Human in nature, it's microbial.

People are absolutely right to call out these idiotic threads where nonsense is perpetually spread by people who seem to want to imagine that ancient Alien Egyptians came here and built pyramids.

There are no "Sun God" statues or symbols on Mars, deal with it.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I agree but, we shouldn't assume everything will be just rocks though, We should check things out that seem out of the norm

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

This thread and pic is hardly a smoking gun but could easily be argued as the most curious picture to date of something anomalous on Mars.

You right it isn't a smoking gun, but the point I am making is that some want to complain because someone called it rocks, and in reality that is all your seeing.

As I said I would love to see something concrete (and not the building type...although that would be amazing) that could prove there was life there in the past, but until that happens what were going to see are well rocks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I agree but, we shouldn't assume everything will be just rocks though, We should check things out that seem out of the norm

Well until it can be shown otherwise what do we have to go on?

If you look at a rock and call it a duck...it is still a rock until it can be proven it really is a duck.

And even if we find out it's a rock...some will still say it is something other than a rock, so where does that leave us?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That is either the fossilized remains of something organic, or the zoomed in picture has been doctored to make it look like the fossilized remains of something organic.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Well until it can be shown otherwise what do we have to go on?

If you look at a rock and call it a duck...it is still a rock until it can be proven it really is a duck.

And even if we find out it's a rock...some will still say it is something other than a rock, so where does that leave us?

With that attitude, you're no different than those who think every rock is artificial. You're just the antithesis of each other. Neither you, nor they are skeptics. You're both believers.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That is NOT just an ordinary boring rock.
Rock yes, but certainly not ordinary. Wonderful and unique.
I like how its "legs" seem to stick out from the crevice. Very cool, trying to imagine the erosion winds that would cause that compared to its immediate environment.

Oh and OP that is no sun.
just saying......

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I can see what looks like a circular object with branches or vines coming off it. It's very strange. If it is a rock its a very bizarre one.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have finally looked at a Mars photo that really looks like something other than a rock.

I think it looks like a variety of starfish found on Earth, the 'basket star'.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Not having any real scale information, it looks very small.. perhaps a few inches tall?
It does, however display unusual symmetry. There appears to be some strange geology there, as in the spires to either side.
Unusual, to say the least.
when you see the actual picture of the rock formation you can see it is much larger. Those pictures are zoomed in on it.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Umm....I hate to sound cliché, but there's nothing there but ordinary, wholly unremarkable rocks...

Umm....no you dont hate to sound cliche. Its your absolute favorite thing.

That is not an ordinary rock formation. Looks organic to me. Fossilized creature or plant.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

It looks promising,although I've got the feeling that you altered the image to much? Did you draw on the image itself while zoomed in ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join