It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hi there ATS.

Normally I dont post about these things, but thought you should have a look at it:

It looks like a sol (sun) symbole.

Here it is blown up for you who cant see it:

Here is the original image

If its a stone, its very funny looking.
Discuss!
edit on 8/2/2015 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Discuss!
a reply to: ypperst

no.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Umm....I hate to sound cliché, but there's nothing there but ordinary, wholly unremarkable rocks...
edit on 8/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm trying to see something, but I got nothin'. Is it because the formation of the rocks are in a circle? Are you considering the whole to be one? help us out here........
edit on 8/2/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Help us out. Where is it?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

There's a square that they've brightened on the right half of the picture (I didn't notice it at first). I'm guessing whatever they're talking about is in that square, but I sure as hell don't see anything.

Edit: Comparing with the original, they've also colored a vaguely circular rock....Still just a rock though.
edit on 8/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

+60 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Discuss!

no.

So you saw this thread, went in here to say that? I know you might be tired of mars threads, but please just stay away from these threads my friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I'm afraid I'm still not getting it. : (

But I tell ya, I've got some rough emerald that looks a lot like those stones. Interesting. Those things are massive. Well, maybe.

*dreaming of giant emeralds

edit on 8/2/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I see exactly what you are talking about and it does look a bit out of place! To everyone else: Look at the original image at the spot the OP shaded in red above. Almost looks like a lion looking out through the cave? a reply to: ypperst

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
I see exactly what you are talking about and it does look a bit out of place! To everyone else: Look at the original image at the spot the OP shaded in red above. Almost looks like a lion looking out through the cave? a reply to: ypperst

It's so small though, that I can't make anything out. Does look interesting now though, but to far away to see.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If you look at the sand below, it almost looks like a large square block was thrown onto the sand. Also, it looks like a head with a gas mask behind the sun "door". I'm really just spitting out thougts here though. It could be a rock
. But it does sure look odd.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If you look at the sand below, it almost looks like a large square block was thrown onto the sand. Also, it looks like a head with a gas mask behind the sun "door". I'm really just spitting out thougts here though. It could be a rock
. But it does sure look odd.

Yeah it's times like these, that I just wish we had control of that camera and rover for a day to zoom in on some of this interesting stuff and know for sure!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yes exactly. Didnt think about the lion resemblence!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
we have a lot of Sun-Sol symbols here on this planet too, wouldnt be surprising to find them etched into the rockformations seen on mars as well

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Interesting

edit on 8/2/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
To me it looks more like a crab or spider? It also has 8 legs like a spider would.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Normally, I wuldn't respond to such threads but I'm going to make an exception this time..because..I've had enough.

For years, we've had people posting pictures of rocks that could resemble almost anything if you stared at it long enough. "Hey guys! Is this a severed finger on mars?" or "hey guys! I found a primitive vase in the mars rover pictures!"

It's BS.

There's nothing on mars exept for rocks that have been eroded in an infinite and random fashion by the weather.

That's not to say mars is not interesting. We know that it has probably and still might be home to basic life in bacteria and such, but nothing advanced enough to make anything of this nature. Move along, there's nothing to see here...unless you came to look at rocks.

+49 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Normally, I wuldn't respond to such threads but I'm going to make an exception this time..because..I've had enough.

For years, we've had people posting pictures of rocks that could resemble almost anything if you stared at it long enough. "Hey guys! Is this a severed finger on mars?" or "hey guys! I found a primitive vase in the mars rover pictures!"

It's BS.

There's nothing on mars exept for rocks that have been eroded in an infinite and random fashion by the weather.

That's not to say mars is not interesting. We know that it has probably and still might be home to basic life in bacteria and such, but nothing advanced enough to make anything of this nature. Move along, there's nothing to see here...unless you came to look at rocks.

Interesting that you know for sure. We should have just asked you.

There are valid theories out there, from actual scientists, that Mars could have had life for millions of years and that life could have evolved during those millions of years. In fact we could be talking about hundreds of millions of years. We don't know. We also don't really know how fast life can evolve given the right circumstances or how it can evolve. Without scientific research and investigation, we will never know. Without boots on the ground, the best we have are the scientific instruments on our rovers and satellites there and ...these pictures.

Why wouldn't we look at these like archeologists or paleontologist or of course even geologists. If all scientists on earth were like you, we would still be denying the pyramids in Egypt, because...well they look like rocks.

Let's deny ignorance. If you don't like these threads you should stay out of them.
edit on 3-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You're right. You should just have asked me. Actually, you posted this on a public forum so you kinda did. I'm glad I could help and I hope you'll sleep soundly now knowing that not everything is a conspiracy or mystery. Good night to you sir/maam.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: amazing

You're right. You should just have asked me. Actually, you posted this on a public forum so you kinda did. I'm glad I could help and I hope you'll sleep soundly now knowing that not everything is a conspiracy or mystery. Good night to you sir/maam.

Just know that I respectfully disagree with you, based on scientific data and theories and hypothesis. Not a total crackpot here. I'm not one that says or believes that everything is a finger or mouse or reptile or bigfoot or vase. I believe that 99.99% of everything we see here is a rock. However, there is a possibility that there could be remnants of an ancient civilization or fossils of a large, evolved creature on Mars. Totally NOT BS to keep looking at these interesting pics and anomalies on Mars. With respect and the hope that you'll open your mind just a little more, good night to you my friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join