It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is an Obamacrap issue no a party lines issue, remember that.

Perhaps you haven't been reading the thread. Of course it's a party lines issue, that's been well-established for pages now, on both "sides."

Everything in the US is a party lines issue. We're all manipulated expertly on a daily basis.

By "Obama crap" and "Obamacrap" you're referring to the ACA? How cute! Sorry, I don't read the right-wing echo chamber unless I have to, so I wasn't up on the latest "terms."

Who are the "ones living under the table raping the tax payer" then? Insurance Executives?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry to say this and I am not going to argue party line issues, the truth is that so far is your post the ones targeting and making it a party line issue, actually is a targeting of the IRS to make it legal to rape hard working people that pay taxes and are in their radar for doing so.

enough.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Sorry to say this and I am not going to argue party line issues, the truth is that so far is your post the ones targeting and making it a party line issue, actually is a targeting of the IRS to make it legal to rape hard working people that pay taxes and are in their radar for doing so.

enough.

Don't be sorry to say anything. Speak your mind. You aren't reading the same thread I am, but, hey! Whatevs.

I'm sure many people want to forget where the Individual Mandate came from and why it was conceived in the first place.

So, aside from vague complaints about someone stealing from taxpayers ... did you have another point?

Wait, I'm sure you'll be interested in this, since, it's actually the truth rather than right-winger propaganda (and the source is exactly that, there's no way to describe it otherwise).

Here is the actual report from the General Accounting Office (GAO): Actual GAO Site

Yes, as a part of their test, initially, the GAO (not horrible dirty people getting thousands of your tax dollars under the table.) was able to register 11 out of 12 fake attempts.

However ...

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requires the marketplace to provide eligibility while identified inconsistencies between information provided by the applicant and by government sources are being resolved through submission of supplementary documentation from the applicant. For its 11 approved applications, GAO was directed to submit supporting documents, such as proof of income or citizenship; but, GAO found the document submission and review process to be inconsistent among these applications. As of July 2014, GAO had received notification that portions of the fake documentation sent for two enrollees had been verified. According to CMS, its document processing contractor is not required to authenticate documentation; the contractor told us it does not seek to detect fraud and accepts documents as authentic unless there are obvious alterations. As of July 2014, GAO continues to receive subsidized coverage for the 11 applications, including 3 applications where GAO did not provide any requested supporting documents.

Here's something a bit more important to your concern:

For 6 applicant scenarios, GAO sought to test the extent to which, if any, in-person assisters would encourage applicants to misstate income in order to qualify for income-based subsidies. However, GAO was unable to obtain in-person assistance in 5 of the 6 initial undercover attempts. For example, one in-person assister initially said that he provides assistance only after people already have an application in progress. The in-person assister was not able to assist us because HealthCare.gov website was down and did not respond to follow-up phone calls. One in-person assister correctly advised the GAO undercover investigator that the stated income would not qualify for subsidy

So, as opposed to the spin that the original source put on this information, and the little bit that some are reading here before jumping to conclusions ... the only thing that happened here was that the GAO did it's job and has identified problems with the process.

There's no proof here that anyone is "getting insurance" on your tax dollar.
edit on 15Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:51:55 -050015p032015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And ... oh, by the way ... this "Report from the General Accounting office just out" was just out over a year ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
And ... oh, by the way ... this "Report from the General Accounting office just out" was just out over a year ago.

A nice highlight of the erosion of individual liberty. The report came out a year ago....half of the nation has been in an uproar nonstop since then. To a degree that they will discuss anything about Obamacare as if it were a fresh scab just picked off.

Half of our nation (give or take) clammoring for the freedom to live their lives without government interference and forced expense. In a country founded on the promise of individual liberty and personal freedom, it is unthinkable that half of the nation would have to choke down being forced to buy a product they don't want "for the greater good". That is like the opposite of personal freedom and individual liberty.

ACA could be the biggest piece of class warfare a govenrment has ever foisted on its people.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Perhaps the Republicans will come up with something better like they promised?

Let's hope!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I call it the biggest bailout for the insurance companies that didn't got their fair share of the tax payers dollars until now.

What that tells you, every time mulitcorporation loses money in this nation they will be getting their bailouts one way or another and not limited to the banking system, can I say bend more tax payer?, you are in the system you are fair game for the Federal government corruption and deceive.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Perhaps the Republicans will come up with something better like they promised?

Let's hope!

Fat chance. Like you have mentioned: the framework for ACA originated in the little pea brain of the GOP morons back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Im better off hoping for fairy dust to solve our problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yep.

I keep hoping some real Libertarians, or Greens or even Constitutionals will step up.

Instead, we get Trump on a third-party ticket.

/sigh

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obamacare is a joke.

I'm disabled...on Medicare...ok. BUT Medicare doesn't cover dependents. Which means my kids aren't insured. Obamacare says they should qualify for Medicaid. Texas says they don't. Insurance would cost me $300 PER MONTH for 2 healthy kids!!! Did I mention I'm disabled and that's almost half my income??? Obamacare says they can get it down to $130 per month with tax subsidies. But since I'm disabled, my income isn't taxable. So I asked them how I'm supposed to get these subsidies....and they couldn't even tell me???!!!!! They told me to call the IRS, THEY had me on hold for an hour, then the line picked up...then hung up on me!!!! Nobody can give me a straight answer. Did I mention my disability is an anxiety disorder??? They should accommodate my disability and not be so effing frustrating and impossible to deal with.

So, thanks Obamacare, my 1.5 year old baby and 6 year old child are uninsured and I'm spending about a third of my income on ONE emergency room visit from last year ($10k...I sh*t you not). I have to pay full price for everything. My daughter needed glasses.....$460. My son is due for checkup/vax....that's going to be AT LEAST $140 next week.

Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh.........GGGrrrrrrrr.......F**K Obamacare

Rant over.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The dollars don't go to the "fake" people. They go to the insurance companies. Government needs to claw back all those fake subsidies.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yep.

I keep hoping some real Libertarians, or Greens or even Constitutionals will step up.

/sigh

step up?....wishful thinking.....republicans have had control of both houses of congress since jan 20, 2014....I wonder what great legislation they have passed THAT HELPS the middle class and/or poor since then?......and yet, on ATS all the posts you see are about how bad Obama is.....how about flaming your own congress, republicans?.....where's all those great ideas those republican senators and house members told us they would fix for the betterment of the middle class?..................................nowhere......................................

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

You get the subsidies straight for the Obamacare website. They will calculate your premium, amount of subsidy and the balance you will be responsible monthly. With taxable income of 0 you should get the full amount subsidized.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question. You went way out of your way not to answer the question. We both know why.

To answer the question, would have shown you to be propagating a failed partisan argument. You are being dishonest, and you know you are.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: xuenchen

The dollars don't go to the "fake" people. They go to the insurance companies. Government needs to claw back all those fake subsidies.

But those identities can be sold and the policies are valid.

I know people involved in the scams.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

You didn't answer the question. You went way out of your way not to answer the question. We both know why.

To answer the question, would have shown you to be propagating a failed partisan argument. You are being dishonest, and you know you are.

Sorry I didn't respond in a way that fits your purposes ... Why don't you write the response you want and I'll just copy and paste.

More seriously... Stop playing games.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Yep.

/sigh

step up?....wishful thinking.....republicans have had control of both houses of congress since jan 20, 2014....I wonder what great legislation they have passed THAT HELPS the middle class and/or poor since then?......and yet, on ATS all the posts you see are about how bad Obama is.....how about flaming your own congress, republicans?.....where's all those great ideas those republican senators and house members told us they would fix for the betterment of the middle class?..................................nowhere......................................

But, but, but....what if i hate Obama AND Republicans? What does that do to your little partisan soapbox, jimmy?

Lets be more honest in the assessment: The Democrats and Republicans have collectively held all branches of government for the last 70+ years. And look at the complete mess they have made. Where's all those independent Americans that can think outside the party lines?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Ta cause the govt current single payer plan (veterans) has worked so well! The families of 250,000 vets would disagree!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

That sounds great....would you please tell THEM that???? I have been round and round with them...phone mazes...being on hold for an hour...2 HOURS...getting different answers from everybody I talk to. They told me the subsidies go through my taxes...which are 0, so how does that work????

All these 'Pro-Life'ers in an uproar....how about paying for my baby's glasses? Or my baby's doctor visit? Or my medications that Medicare doesn't cover even though they take out over $100 from my measly a$$ income.

And if they EVEN try to penalize me for not having my children insured...they can lick my balls. It's total BS. I guess maybe it's working for some folks, but I'm bent over and taking it hard here- no lube.

This is precisely why the government should pull back and deal with things regionally. The bigger the system is, the greater the cluster f**k.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The individual mandate requires that you purchase an in surance policy. Im 28 and in good health. I budget for my healthcare. I DONT NEED OR WANT THIRD PARTY BS. It is my right to refuse to purchase insurance as a pursuit of happiness and freedom of association (or disassociation).

Yes, there is a freedom from 'compelled association' inherent in freedom of association.

The way I see it, a law that violates my Constitutional rights is criminal activity and should be treated as such.

This is a trixy hobbit. Who checks the 'U.S. Citizen Citizen' block on their 1040? Who signed a 'VOLUNTARY' withholding agreement W-4? Who unwittingly volunteered to occupy a 'public office' domiciled in the District of Columbia where the constitution is null? Federal 'employees' have no rights. Their is nothing unconstitutional about either the IRC or ACA when in the context of government officers. Neither are the law of the land, as congress has virtually zero legislative jurisdiction [political juristiction, yes] in states of the Union and I have yet to find or be shown the implimenting regulations as published in the Federal register for 'general applicability'.

The lynch pin however, is declaring the 'right' civil statutory status. 'U.S.Citizen'... Not it unless ones is a federal employee domiciled in DC. Born and domiciled in a state of the union? Paycheck not from Uncle Sam? 'Non-citizen national'. 'Non-resident alien', allowed to work, and not electing to be taxed as an 'individual'

edit on 31-7-2015 by J.B. Aloha because: Nits

edit on 31-7-2015 by J.B. Aloha because: Noids

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join