It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea...

Doesn't it ever get boring reading from a script?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Sunwolf

Do you prefer that the laws of the United States be ignored?

No,but ignored they are from this administration,are they not?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

a reply to: xuenchen

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea, calls for those who don't have insurance to be penalized via tax penalties.

How is it that the IRS is doing anything except it's duty under the law?

You would prefer that the laws be ignored?

The individual mandate is a violation of the Constitution. If the IRS had any respect for Constitutional legality, it would refuse to enforce the tax penalties.

But silly me, the IRS is about taking your money and flushing it down the Federal toilet.

Which part of the Constitution is being violated?

I don't disagree with your disdain of the Individual Mandate. It was a Republican idea, included in Republican Healthcare "Reform" Plans, and the Democrats were dumb enough to include it in ACA thinking that Republicans would deal honorably.

As we know, they didn't.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea...

Doesn't it ever get boring reading from a script?

I don't know, honestly, what script are you reading from?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

a reply to: Sunwolf

Do you prefer that the laws of the United States be ignored?

No,but ignored they are from this administration,are they not?

Which ones?

Nevermind. The thread is about the IRS (part of this Administration) following the provisions of the ACA.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You know, Democrats do own this 100%!

They own it because they lacked the testicular fortitude to stand up and push the single-payer/universal healthcare aspect as was originally intended. They completely caved to the insurance lobby and instead of requiring all people to sign up for healthcare coverage provided by the colletive wealth of the taxpayers, they required you to sign up for PRIVATE insurance or pay a fee.

The individual mandate went from coverage for all, to coverage to those that can afford it, free coverage for those that are poor, and fines to the government for everyone else.

They are to blame for not going in to this issue head-on and demanding healthcare for all.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

#democrats.in.charge.of.obamacare.are.mismanaging.it

#its.a.dotcom.bubble

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You mean you don`t know about the IRS using instant messaging so as to circumvent the law?Or how about lying to congress?Or the IRS dealing politically with applicants?Have you been keeping up at all?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: infolurker

You know, Democrats do own this 100%!

They own it because they lacked the testicular fortitude to stand up and push the single-payer/universal healthcare aspect as was originally intended. They completely caved to the insurance lobby and instead of requiring all people to sign up for healthcare coverage provided by the colletive wealth of the taxpayers, they required you to sign up for PRIVATE insurance or pay a fee.

The individual mandate went from coverage for all, to coverage to those that can afford it, free coverage for those that are poor, and fines to the government for everyone else.

They are to blame for not going in to this issue head-on and demanding healthcare for all.

For the record, I agree with this 100%. What exists as the ACA is beneficial in some ways but is in others an abomination.

Now, don't expect any of our friends on the right to realize this.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You mean you don`t know about the IRS using instant messaging so as to circumvent the law?Or how about lying to congress?Or the IRS dealing politically with applicants?Have you been keeping up at all?

Out of curiosity, who are you talking to?

I'm curious ... can you provide links or sources?

+5 more 
link   

The individual mandate requires that you purchase an in surance policy. Im 28 and in good health. I budget for my healthcare. I DONT NEED OR WANT THIRD PARTY BS. It is my right to refuse to purchase insurance as a pursuit of happiness and freedom of association (or disassociation).

The way I see it, a law that violates my Constitutional rights is criminal activity and should be treated as such. That goes for the Republicans and Democrats that asserted their unwarranted will over mine.

Screw Obamacare, screw the Republicrats, and the IRS can kiss my ass.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Single Payer was a plan to buy a Medicare policy.

Democrats were afraid it would get fumble-flopped at high levels.

Medical Industries were afraid of the low payments for service.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

#democrats.in.charge.of.obamacare.are.mismanaging.it

#its.a.dotcom.bubble

Edgy.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea, calls for those who don't have insurance to be penalized via tax penalties.

How is it that the IRS is doing anything except it's duty under the law?

You would prefer that the laws be ignored?

You're picking and choosing what laws you agree with right there.

The GAO was successful in 11 of 12 attempts to register fictitious people with the federal health insurance exchange. In seven of those cases, the fake applications were missing vital pieces of information, which should have raised red flags during the approval process.

Instead of going after people that defrauded the system, they're going after people who did nothing other than choose not to buy a product.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Should be easy now that corporations are "people".

edit on 1438313089Thursday31Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:24:49 -0500pmThursday24101031 by Ultralight because: typos

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The individual mandate requires that you purchase an in surance policy. Im 28 and in good health. I budget for my healthcare. I DONT NEED OR WANT THIRD PARTY BS. It is my right to refuse to purchase insurance as a pursuit of happiness and freedom of association (or disassociation).

The way I see it, a law that violates my Constitutional rights is criminal activity and should be treated as such. That goes for the Republicans and Democrats that asserted their unwarranted will over mine.

Screw Obamacare, screw the Republicrats, and the IRS can kiss my ass.

I understand, I think the individual mandate sucks too.

I'm asking which of your Constitutional rights are being violated, because I'm curious.

link   

a reply to: beezzer

You know and I know the Democrats were completely hoodwinked in this situation.

Well then, Mrs. Pelosi should have read it before she passed it

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, who are you talking to?

I'm curious ... can you provide links or sources?

It has been in the news the last 2 years,you know IRS,lost emails,lying to congress.I am not going to do your homework for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Single Payer was a plan to buy a Medicare policy.

Yes it was. Better than having no insurance at all, paying for expensive private insurance or paying a fine to the bloated IRS for not having squat. That option would have taken the profit motive out and really made coverage affordable.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Freedom of association.

Pursuit of happiness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join