It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop fatally shoots 19 year old through drivers window over some ####### weed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A South Carolina cop shot and killed a 19 year old during an undercover sting sunday,over weed. The cop says the car was coming right at him and he had to shoot the teenager (with no criminal record) to stop him from hitting him.

There is dashcam footage but they said it is unclear if it shows the shooting or not.

How do you shoot a guy twice through an open drivers window if he is coming right at you? Another 19 year old kid dead because a cop cant just get out of the effing way without shooting.

A 19 year old kid with no criminal record doesnt try to run down a cop over some weed. He was probably just freaked out and was fleeing the scene.

I am so tired of seeing them kill people over petty sh##. When will enough be enough?

www.postandcourier.com...

he father of a teenager killed Sunday by a Seneca police officer told reporters Monday that his son was shot through an open side window of his Honda, raising fresh questions about the case and other officer-involved shootings in which officers shot people in cars.

Paul Hammond, father of Zachary Hammond, 19, told The Greenville News on Monday that two bullets fired by the officer went through the window and struck his son’s side and shoulder, killing him.

edit on 30-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Its already enough. People are afraid, but it only takes a spark to lose that.

Learn to live without the betrayers. Defund them and pull the pensions for victims compensation funds
edit on 30-7-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Another case where some here will state that you must do whatever the officer says in whatever manner they say because the law states so. The problem starts when LEO feel that they are the 'gods' of the situation and any dissent perceived gets taken as an affront to they omnipotent authority and thus authorizes lethal force.

It is a sad situation that will gain more attention when otherwise lawful citizens begin to fear our LEO more and more until the public declares them the enemy. Then maybe our lawmakers will realize that the system is in need of an overhaul.

Unchecked power breeds corruption in any organization.

edit on 30-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They just don't need to create situations of people doing things that don't hurt other people anymore.

Crux of the issue.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yet another thread that appeals to emotion before any actual facts are known.

How about we reserve judgement until the dashcam footage, or other evidence comes forward?

Settle them jerking knees, put down the torches.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Yet another thread that appeals to emotion before any actual facts are known.

How about we reserve judgement until the dashcam footage, or other evidence comes forward?

Settle them jerking knees, put down the torches.

The evidence I see is a 19 year old with no record gets shot through his drivers window over a plant...

And all the knee jerk reactions turned out to be spot on in the cinci shooting right? Drivers window ???? How? If he is going to hit you? If you are on the side of his car he is not going to hit you right?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks like we have found Chris Christies Attorney General

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"I was right in this case, so I must be right here too!"

Thank god you're not a doctor.

ETA: I'll be over here, waiting for actual evidence to come to light. I agree that Tensing committed murder. The evidence is pretty clear he did.

I'll wait for similar evidence before I pass judgement here, as well.
edit on 30-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This isn't supposed to be used as a training video for LEOs.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No but i have stayed at a holiday inn express.. How do you shoot a guy who is going to hit you with his car through through the drivers window?

Even the cops dont understand how it happened.

Seneca Police Chief John Covington confirmed that the shots were fired into the side of the vehicle.

“It is rather difficult to articulate,” he told The Post and Courier, “but the officer was more to the driver’s side of the car than the front with the wheels turned sharply and accelerating towards him.” The incident happened in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant Sunday night as officers were participating in an undercover sting. Both the officer and Hammond were white.

Hard to articulate lolo.. because its all bs.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo The cop says the car was coming right at him and he had to shoot

well of course he did. it seems a cop's definition of 'in danger' is greatly magnified compared to 'normal' citizens. shoot first, think later.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

No but i have stayed at a holiday inn express.. How do you shoot a guy who is going to hit you with his car through through the drivers window?
That's a very good question.

One I think should be answered by evidence, and not conjecture.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yup. Coming right for you but you are able to shoot through an open side window and hit him in the SIDE and shoulder.

Sounds just as plausible as the magic bullet that killed Kennedy.

I'm soooooooo sick of Hollywood physics being the norm.......

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
I got some conjecture. His mark was about to roll off to safety. He probably put months of 'work' into that bag of weed.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

That's some mighty fine conjecture!

It sure is a shame that conjecture isn't admissible in courts! That would make the case a slam dunk!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If the car is used as a weapon against the cop, (the driver apparently missed, or the cop dodged in this case( or lying) ), is it then not alright for the cop to stop him ?

I'm curious, so just a question...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
If the car is used as a weapon against the cop, (the driver apparently missed, or the cop dodged in this case( or lying) ), is it then not alright for the cop to stop him ?

I'm curious, so just a question...

By "Stop him'' you mean kill him? No, that's not alright. If he shot him through the driver's side window then he was not in imminent danger. That's just vindictive.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

But, the driver has a weapon (the car)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You should know by now, the rule here is whatever the headline is, must be true, as long as it says what you want to hear.

If the facts show something terrible happened here, and the cop is to blame, then everyone can demand justice and hope it moves swiftly.

But this instant lynching mentality reminds me of the Salem Witch Hunts. Just so you know, today, we kind of laugh at that mentality. (outside of ATS in the real world I mean)

Look here:
www.kdrv.com...
is this any less of a problem? Or is it insignificant because a cop wasn't on the trigger?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I actually agree with you.

The whole ordeal with that girl who hung herself.. Totally agree that the cop shouldn't have put her in jail that's total nonsense but she clearly killed herself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join