It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MH-370 debris found on Reunion Island?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: YouPeople

Was I talking to you?

Does it matter as long as your question gets answered?

BTW try google as it is amazing what you can find.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I still want to know why it was found where it was???? Why did the pilot take it all the way out there??? Will we ever know WHY??!!!!! That's what bothers me......this is 1 mystery I WANT SOLVED! My father in law worked for Boeing for 20 years after he came out of th war. I wish he were still alive, so I could ask him his thoughts on all this......Glad you guys are here to explain the different parts found & such. It's much appreciated

edit on 8/3/15 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)
That is, IF it's even the missing plane. I meant to add that, sorry...
edit on 8/3/15 by j.r.c.b. because: Added.....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouPeople
a reply to: Shamrock6

Kind of like how your local mechanic doesn't keep spare parts for every last make and model of every car ever built in the event that a 1993 Chevy Impala happens to roll in the garage on any given day.

Do airline companies own as much different models of planes as there are different brands and models of cars still in use?

Malaysia Airlines has 4 different types of planes of which 13 are 777's. A flap is bound to need replacing, it seems to me. But again, I am no expert and I am not going to argue about it further.

Does anything on a car cost as much to replace as a part on an airplane would?

Just about any part on an aircraft is "bound to need replacing" at some point, eventually. But why does it make more sense to order and store parts you may not need for 20 years instead of ordering them when and if needed?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Does it matter as long as your question gets answered?

What matters is that people don't need to interfere in a disussion between two people just to stroke their own ego.....
edit on 3-8-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronjer
I clicked the search area and it was about 7-8 months....I clicked Maldives and it came up right at that Island in a a year and four months ...where the halon tank was washed up. Hmmmm

a reply to: nelloh62

Interesting. I remember that!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

He didn't necessarily. They modeled the currents and found that in about 18 months parts could reach that Island from the area they're searching now.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
**Attention**

Enough.

Discuss the topic, not each other.

We will not be playing 'whack a post' today. Further infractions will result in account reviews.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

He didn't necessarily. They modeled the currents and found that in about 18 months parts could reach that Island from the area they're searching now.

This is why your needed here!! TY for that info! I just went back a few pages to follow all your posts, I'm trying to keep up

(post by tsurfer2000h removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The flaperon we see moving at the end of the video is the type we are discussing here right? Or at least one very similar?

The parts that are powered and make the flaperon move are not situated in the wing and extended to the flaperon?

Instead they are situated in the flaperon and extended to the wing?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
I still want to know why it was found where it was???? Why did the pilot take it all the way out there??? Will we ever know WHY??!!!!! That's what bothers me......this is 1 mystery I WANT SOLVED!

You and everyone else, especially the families and friends of those who perished.

It's believed that the most plausible explanation is that there was a fire, which damaged the communications and likely rendered everyone unconscious, and this left the plane on auto-pilot flying out over the Indian Ocean before running out of fuel and ditching where the search has been taking place.

As I understand it, everything we know so far seems to fit this story. It took off on its planned route, then changed direction. As no one tried to make contact from the plane, it's reasonable to believe that communications were damaged, and this would therefore suggest a fire of some kind.

The plane changed course only once as far as we know, potentially when the pilots knew there was a problem and tried to return over land to make an emergency landing.

It's likely that while they were heading back toward land they were rendered unconscious, or had already passed away. This left the plane flying without any control until it ran out of fuel. This was supported by the pings received from the maintenance systems within the engines of the plane, something never before used as a location method.

There are competing theories as to what happened on that plane of course, some believe it could have been terrorism, or even suicide by the pilot. But, this doesn't explain why no passenger on that plane made any contact with anyone. They presumably would have had the opportunity to do that, but they didn't.

This, to me (and others), supports the idea that a fire occurred, either knocking out all communications (including those of the pilots and the passengers) or that fire early on in the flight rendered everyone unconscious and therefore unable to make contact.

It seems incredibly unlikely that any terrorist, or a suicidal pilot, would be able to prevent everyone on that plane from making contact.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sure seems like the flaperon is a part without any hydraulics and actuators. It is merely attached to the actuators that are obviously, and quite logically, located in the wing.

Seems like the flaperon is just a slab of aluminium and composite material.

Then again, I'm no expert.

Any thoughts Zaphod?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well that's why I created the thread. I wanted to see people's ideas for how the pieces ended up where they were, how pieces could be identified, etc.

Granted, I hoped Zaph would show up but I still wanted to hear from other people. Even if I didn't agree with their idea.

Zaph, if I missed your answer I apologize but how are they going to identify this particular part? Would it be serialized? I know you said some/many parts are, but others aren't. What's the likelihood that this specific piece would be?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The plate with the serial number debonded while it was in the water, so they'll have to go deeper and get the serial numbers off the actuators and internal pieces, then go back to the manufacturer and see which flaperon they installed those parts on, and trace it that way.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

so they'll have to go deeper and get the serial numbers off the actuators and internal pieces

What actuators and internal pieces? The actuators are very clearly located in the wing.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah okay so not easy but definitely not a dead end.

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow. I can't believe how desperately people are grasping at straws because their firmly held belief that the U.S. government and MWAHAHA Inc. stole the plane for some nefarious false flag plot to bring on the New World Order, despite Occam's razor pointing to this being a piece of the missing plane. Let's see. This piece found has been confirmed to be part of a 777. A big part. A part that is almost never seen separate from the plane except when it is being built, or has been destroyed. Since 777s are built up here in Everett, WA, and Boeing Employees are not in the habit of losing large chunks of plane in the water, we can safely say, it did not come from a manufacturing plant. And given Zaphod's info, and info I gathered from talking to a couple of Boeing employees I know, it is highly unlikely this was a spare part. Thus, it is likely that it is a piece of a Boeing 777 that was destroyed. Now, since only only 3 777s have been known to be destroyed, and all of their parts accounted for, there remains only 1 missing Boeing 777 unaccounted for. Given the evidence, the most likely conclusion is that this is a piece of MH370.

Interesting side note, and to further confirm what Zaph was saying: One of the Boeing employees I talked to, a guy whose mom I take care of, works in the landing gear assembly department. He said of all the major parts on the plane, the landing gear assembly is the most ordered replacement part, of the larger plane parts. He said airlines do keep spare landing gears because planes do go through them a lot. This is due to the whole assembly taking the whole weight of the entire plane during multiple take offs and especially landings. So they endure a lot of abuse. The wings and larger parts assemblies associated with them, by contrast, almost never wear out or get replaced. The guys who work in the department that does a plane's wings are usually amongst the first in the manufacturing division to get laid off, because there isn't even a spare parts demand. Landing gear guys, however, rarely see the pink slip unless there's a major recession. Once I was stuck in a British Airways 747 on the tarmac at Heathrow for 4 hours because they had to replace the whole landing gear assembly. My friend said that this was a lot more common than I would realize. Makes sense.

Anyways, for the conspiracy hungry, just because the plane gets found does not mean the tinfoil hats need to come off. The rest of the plane hasn't been found, and we don't even know where the plane went down, let alone why. But we do have enough strange, conflicting, and suspicious elements surrounding the disappearance that still point strongly to some deliberate human involvement. Of the theories I've seen thrown about so far, the one has piqued my curiosity the most is a possible shoot down by one of the region's military, especially given certain details about some crew members and possible links to unsavory elements. Of course, my theory does have a problem, the absence of a debris trail. When a plane gets a major breach like that mid air, lighter stuff should get sucked out while the plane descends. But as far as I know, this plane disappeared without a trace, not even fuel drippings or a seat cushion or checkbook from a passenger. From what I know of plane disasters, if the aircraft is destroyed while in flight, like from a bomb or fuel tank explosion, it's going to scatter crap over a pretty wide area. A lot of that is stuff designed to float. Firey explosions leave some pieces that burn for a while. But we don't have that.

So the mystery hasn't been solved, it's only really begun.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join