It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers encounter mysterious blob off Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Divers encounter mysterious blob off Turkey

The divers didn’t know what to think of the 13-foot wide translucent sphere that was soft and gelatinous looking. Tanriover, who shot video of what he called “The Thing,” told Deep Sea News that they felt a mixture of excitement and fear as they approached the unknown sea creature.
Read more at www.grindtv.com...

Well this is pretty awesome! I don't know too much about the oceans or squids so I'll buy their explanation that this is a squid egg sac, and by the sounds of it, the largest ever documented if that's what it turns out to be! But if I was in the ocean and I saw that thing I would be freaking out. What do you think ATS? Squid Egg Sac or something else?

PS: I really wanted to post a picture from the article but I'm no good at it

edit on 28-7-2015 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
One of the strangest things I've seen. Thanks for posting a reply to: Rexamus

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rexamus

Dr. Michael Vecchione of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History was the first to come forward with a possible identification, saying it looked like a huge squid egg mass.

And he told Deep Sea News that it’s the largest he’s ever seen.

If true, that was some orgy.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Bizarre looking creature blob thing...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thanks for linking the pic! Isn't that thing fascinating/gross!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh man that looks awesome. Great to see we are still discovering new creatures that share the earth.
I wonder what it tastes like.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not an expert, but i believe it is a squid egg sac.

Here is another one, much smaller though.

SOURCE

MBARI's remotely operated vehicle Ventana captured this photograph of a female Gonatus onyx carrying a large egg mass, which is suspended from hooks under the squid's arms. The squid is apparently using its arms to pump fresh water into the egg mass, which causes it to inflate like a balloon.

Must be a giant squid, maybe something like this one.

CLICK ME Video inside

edit on 28-7-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My guess? Chicken !

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Kraken
KRAKEN

Well we are all thinking it, just saying what we all think

Is it just me

Bring on the black Pearl

Giant egg, GIANT SQUID

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The sac on your pic doesn't have the translucency of the OP pic. They dont look alike. Maybe because it's smaller?

edit on 1438092072Tuesday31Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:01:12 -0500amTuesday0190931 by Ultralight because: typos

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm surprised they didn't destroy it. The human way. If you don't understand something, kill it, dissect it, and put it in a jar. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
S & F

This is so neat and amazing. Our world never ceases to amaze!! Here is the Youtube video.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
That's what the article says as well:

Dr. Michael Vecchione of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History was the first to come forward with a possible identification, saying it looked like a huge squid egg mass.

And he told Deep Sea News that it’s the largest he’s ever seen.

Vecchione suspects it came from a large red flying squid called Ommastrephes bartramii, though no one has ever seen it lay eggs before. The white dots in the sphere are said to be the eggs, though the larger structures in the egg mass have not been identified.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I agree with the squid sack theory. At 2:27 in, you pause and see a squid looking ceature.

But dang, gonna be a ton of calamari someday. Nom, nom...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

It was to show squids do make a "balloon", and blow it up with water, so it very well could be from a giant squid or so.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Thank you for adding that, it appears that no one else here is capable of actually reading the article for themselves.

Have we really gotten to the point where members of ATS can't even be bothered to read the actual content of the links being offered?

It's an interesting story though, even though there is a logical scientific explanation for it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Definitely an interesting story, I'd love to see something like that, but then I'm a bit weird and enjoy free diving under swarms of jellyfish when I'm near warm seas. That is a beautiful thing to look up at.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, i just added some confirmation to the thread in the form of another squid egg sac.

What makes you think nobody read the article, i see no such things from the comments so far ?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There is about 3 million baby squids about to be born from that thing in around 3 days. Watching them being born would be an amazing thing too. Surround by a massive swarm of baby squids.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Could it have been this?
youtu.be...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join