It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump doesn't intend to win?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Second worst Prime Minister in Canada's History was Brian Mulroney (Brian is Ben Mulroney, The TV celebrity's Father). Canada elected him because of his supposed business acumen. The Rt. Honourable Brian Mulroney put Canada so far into debt that we barely recovered. He made a mess out of our economy leaving the next elected Prime minister to put Canada into a very long and painful Austerity. The worst Prime Minister in Canada's history? Our current Prime Minister steve harper.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Remember Ross Perot?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
Remember Ross Perot?

Yes, do you have more to add than that or, is that the entirety of your thought?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: brice
I look forward to understanding what similarities the Canadian politicians and D. Trump have in common. Please let me know as I have not paid any attention to Canadian politics.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The problem with Trump being a trojan horse is why would the DNC or the GOP have to infiltrate each other when they are one in the same?

Also I do not understand why so many people put so much emphasises on him being a business man? There are no politicians in office that are not businessman.

edit on 05731America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jul 2015 00:05:27 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I personally thought Trump was doing this for shock value and nothing more. No intention to win, just an intention to see what reactions he can get out of America.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

TBH, I really don't think he has any intentions of winning. I mean, come on. Let's be realistic. Nobody gets into the most powerful office in this country unless they're SUPPOSED to.

We let all this noise about voting and choice distract us from using common sense. If elections in this country were what they're supposed to be, a homeless man from New Jersey could come out of nowhere and just say the right stuff and get lucky. When has that ever happened?

Not only that, even without the profit motive, the watchdogs couldn't allow just anyone to run and win. I mean, what if someone who hates basically everyone got elected and simply decided he wants to be a dictator for the rest of his life? With the amount of power the office has now, that could realistically happen. UNLESS the president is ALWAYS completely under the control of the same people (no matter who who seems or claims to be). This country has been far too stable for far too long for me to believe we have a real choice. If someone wasn't running the show behind the scenes, we'd have so much chaos things would just basically disintegrate.

Not saying what we have now is great but it IS fairly stable. This would be impossible if basically anyone could win and use all that power any way they saw fit. I mean, I know they have certain requirements but someone who meets every official qualification could easily be very malicious if they got a lot of power. Especially someone who is very intelligent.

Anyway, Trump is a plot device, IMO. If he wins, it will be because he was supposed to win. I really don't see that happening. It would be a circus.

So why is he running? IMO, he's there to make some noise and help steer things this way or that. To help guide the narrative and maybe distract people. Whatever. You know? I mean I hate to be so pessimistic but this is where we are. We have to really wonder at this point just what the hell is going on with our government. Nothing makes a lot of sense anymore and none of these people seem to have a real reason to be anti-establishment. I mean, let's be honest. What would be the difference right now if a Republican was in office? Not much. Maybe Obamacare wouldn't have happened but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just remember. Romney. Why didn't he win in 12? It should have been a pretty easy win for anyone running against Obama. I mean, he came in strong in 08 but a lot of people turned away from him when they saw what he was really about. He is not so different from Bush, realistically. It doesn't take more than a bit of clever scripting to make it appear as though this guy is really different when he really isn't.

Anyway, Romney didn't win because (IMO) he just wasn't credible when it came to things like Obamacare. How the hell could Mitt Romney possibly say he was against his own political record in 2012? I mean, that should really tell you something right there. That "election" was a joke. The Romneycare guy was Obama's only competition in an election that was supposed to give us a chance to say no to Obamacare. This happened right in front of millions of people and it was like no one noticed! If you ask a Democrat, Romney lost because he just couldn't hold a candle to Obama's awesomeness. Really? No. He lost because he obviously was not a viable alternative to something Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

There is one other possibility that no one wants to talk about.

Maybe he IS telling the truth?

Maybe he has watched to country spiral into the crapper for the past 10-20 years and wants to do something about it.
Maybe he's tired of the same old same old professional politicians?

Yes he has a BIG ego. But think about it.

If he pulls it off and does manage to fix a few things after being elected, his name would go down in history in a MUCH bigger way then just the Trump businessman image.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
If he pulls it off and does manage to fix a few things after being elected, his name would go down in history in a MUCH bigger way then just the Trump businessman image.

How do you suppose that Trump would win his party nomination? In the event he was to go up against Hillary Clinton how would he overcome a twenty point deficit in the polls?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What does the ATS enlightened crowd have to say?

As I watch this election cycle beginning, I can not help but to think of one thing....

I have seen this show before.

What makes anyone think Trump or Sanders for that matter will even be a choice for you at the end? This election is still a full year and a half away. We are still 2 full years away from someone new stepping into Office. The field of "options" for the next President has yet to be slimmed down to "serious" contenders. That is still a year away.

Sorry but I have seen this dog and pony show before and the only thing I am sure of, is that YOUR vote does not matter. Your next President has already been chosen for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Divide and conquer. The powers that be have already planned for another Clinton presidency.

Mark my words....Hillary is coming for our guns. Paving the way for something much worse.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Divide and conquer. The powers that be have already planned for another Clinton presidency.

Mark my words....Hillary is coming for our guns. Paving the way for something much worse.

Seriously? Obama doesn't take a single gun in his entire presidency so that tired, pathetic, old meme gets transferred to Hillary?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There is one other possibility that no one wants to talk about.

Maybe he IS telling the truth?

Maybe he has watched to country spiral into the crapper for the past 10-20 years and wants to do something about it.
Maybe he's tired of the same old same old professional politicians?

Yes he has a BIG ego. But think about it.

I have a dumper truck full of wishful thinking for you if you even believe the tiniest bit of that for a second. Trump's a bloviating idiot with an ego the size of Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

How do you suppose that Trump would win his party nomination? In the event he was to go up against Hillary Clinton how would he overcome a twenty point deficit in the polls?

How would any of the other republicans overcome a 20% point deficit?
Trump is the only one right now that has any shot at even giving hillary a run for the money..

PROOF??
Trump surges in polls even AFTER MCAIN remarks

Everyone was saying Trump was over after Mcain and the war hero comments, that he had to apologize..
Trump did the right thing and did not apologize!
TRUMP IS IN IT to win it.
edit on 27-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There's no 'IF' about it. Trump knows he can't win. He's not trying to win. All he's doing is stoking the publicity. His entire campaign is a money grab. In 10 months from now, people won't even remember he ran.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

How would any of the other republicans overcome a 20% point deficit?
Trump is the only one right now that has any shot at even giving hillary a run for the money..

PROOF??
Trump surges in polls even AFTER MCAIN remarks

Everyone was saying Trump was over after Mcain and the war hero comments, that he had to apologize..
Trump did the right thing and did not apologize!
TRUMP IS IN IT to win it.

Trump attacked McCain for 'surrendering'. Gee, what was the man supposed to do after being shot down in his plane over North Vietnam????? Let me guess - cut his way South with his knife in one hand and a captured AK-47 in the other??? Come off it, Trump showed his true colours as a bloviating cretin with a mania for 'winning' (in his mind at least).

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that political henchmen intentionally sabotage their own campaigns in order to promote the inevitable ascendancy of the monolithic democratic stronghold. Why would John McCain knowingly appoint a moron like Sarah Palin for vice presidential consideration knowing her wits were feeble and recognizing her rhetoric only appealed to militant idiots? The ineptitude of the Romney campaign is another indication that secretly he hoped he would tank the election. The level of ineptitude on the part of the past two republican campaigns for president is staggering and it only appeased the lowest common denominator rather than attempting to promote a coherent message that would build a coalition capable of winning. The level of ineptitude is so staggering in the Romney campaign that I believe he either intentionally botched his own chances to ensure that Obama won the election or that his advisors were feeble-minded to such an extent they promoted a strategy that was untenable in any normal circumstance. Trump could be another henchman trying to help the Democrats win the election

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As fun as it all sounds... Hate to break it to you guys, but the country is in the crapper. He stands to gain nothing with just playing us and or both sides. In my honest opinion, Here in it to win it.
edit on 27-7-2015 by LeoStarchild because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Has Jeb Bush not polled better against Hillary then Trump? Who is everyone? I am not apart of the "everyone" who thought that his comments concerning McCain would finish him as a candidate. His comments were aimed at the elements of the GOP supporter base that dislikes McCain intensely.

I do think that Jeb Bush should have sat out the 2016 race and just let the right wing arm of the party go down in flames. By all means I say give Trump the nomination because his party is looking for a throw away candidate to face Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

a reply to: starfoxxx

Has Jeb Bush not polled better against Hillary then Trump? Who is everyone? I am not apart of the "everyone" who thought that his comments concerning McCain would finish him as a candidate. His comments were aimed at the elements of the GOP supporter base that dislikes McCain intensely.

I do think that Jeb Bush should have sat out the 2016 race and just let the right wing arm of the party go down in flames. By all means I say give Trump the nomination because his party is looking for a throw away candidate to face Hillary Clinton.

A throw away would be Jeb.... Jeb would loose to hillary easier then trump..

throw away mcain, romney. Not trump. EVERYONE is talking about trump
and might even steal A LOT of democratic votes

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join