It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they want to pull you over for wearing seatbelts and driving the speed limit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

This scheme is so obvious. They are looking for any contraband, weapons, or anything they can catch you on. Spread the word! We shall not be taxed again.

As an old rap group used to say...eff the PoLICE!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Not about rewards, eh? This is more "We can take you whenever we want, you're better off accepting that".

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I don't even have words for how ridiculous this sounds. I mean your post btw, not the premise. I live in a small city, with two million+ cities within 90 minutes of me. This concept - rewards for good driving - has happened here. I know of gift cards, Tim Hortons cards, etc. They even have an annual campaign where (shortly before the local fair and parade) they cruise the highway beside town for a car with out of province plates, pull them over, and offer them an all expense paid stay in town, passes to the fair, food, and a ride in the parade. It's an effort to show the hospitality of the community. Same principle - pulled over for no crime and instead they were rewarded. You know...a LOT of people like this. Did that occur to you?

Did it ever occur to you that some people - yes, even the big bad police - enjoy giving, and that the vast majority of people have positive relationships with the police?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
“The department’s goal is to reinforce safe driving habits and say a small thanks to our community,”

No it's not, it's an excuse to pull more people over. Give a $10 here, give a $10 there, happen to suspect the third person has marijuana in their car because you smell something and they're acting nervous...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just treat me with benign neglect...Thank you very much

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I don't even have words for how ridiculous this sounds. I mean your post btw, not the premise. I live in a small city, with two million+ cities within 90 minutes of me. This concept - rewards for good driving - has happened here. I know of gift cards, Tim Hortons cards, etc. They even have an annual campaign where (shortly before the local fair and parade) they cruise the highway beside town for a car with out of province plates, pull them over, and offer them an all expense paid stay in town, passes to the fair, food, and a ride in the parade. It's an effort to show the hospitality of the community. Same principle - pulled over for no crime and instead they were rewarded. You know...a LOT of people like this. Did that occur to you?

Did it ever occur to you that some people - yes, even the big bad police - enjoy giving, and that the vast majority of people have positive relationships with the police?

If I did nothing wrong and they're pulling me over, can I just ignore them? Are they going to chase me? Because you know, I'd be late on my first day on the job... Scan my plate and send me whatever you want in the mail. Don't waste my time.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This isn't the first time a police force has done something like this. I remember a long time ago there was a news story about a town where police were pulling people over and giving them 'citations' for obeying traffic laws properly. Unfortunately, either the chief of police or the mayor referred to it as "positive reinforcement - like when you train a dog..." That didn't go over too well. But honestly, you do get better results with positive reinforcement than punishment. The reality however is that people have a hard time thinking getting pulled over is a positive thing, even if they give you a cute little thank you note for behaving.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They don't see to have an issue with giving out tickets for not stopping 100% before a crosswalk making a right turn with their automated camera systems. Just use that and start sending law-abiding citizens checks! Seatbelt? Speed limit? Money is in the mail!

And.. that would be the only way I would be ok with it. And not even then to be honest..

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Have all of you forgotten that money is now "Free Speech"™
the more money you have the more louder your free speech Is.
edit on 24-7-2015 by thedigirati because: to make it work

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join