It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine recruiters told not to wear uniforms in wake of shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yep, you read that right. The best response the politicians in the Pentagon could come up with in response to the attack on a reserve training center and recruiting office was to tell Marine recruiters to stop wearing their uniforms.

Another step they've taken is to simply shut down all recruiting offices within 40 miles of the attack.

Finally, they raised the force protection level to "Charlie" from "Bravo." FPCON Charlie says that "strong protective measures" are required, either immediately following an attack or when intelligence has developed that an attack is imminent.

Apparently in this case the "strong protective measures" means "close up shop and stop wearing uniforms."

I put this in the political madness forum because it's quite obviously a political decision, and is frankly mind boggling. When I was joining and during my time spent working with recruiters we were consistently the only ones in our "blue dress uniform." Everybody else was in either cammies or a working uniform. To be honest I don't know if that's Corps wide policy or was specific to the recruiting command I went in with. Apparently cammies aren't a viable option when compared to no uniform at all.

This one truly has me scratching my head.

www.marinecorpstimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
These are the same people that decry anyone who suggest something that could be rebutted with "if we do that the terrorists win"...

So where are all those people now...

That's right, letting the terrorists win.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well said. I wish I could give you more stars.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

On Monday legislation has been introduced to arm military personnel, already various states took the initiative at state level.

let see how this will play with the pentagon.

Since Thursday’s shooting, the governors of Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas have all issued orders allowing the National Guard to arm its troops at military facilities. Rep. Scott DesJarlais and Rep. Steve Cohen, both from Tennessee, reached across party lines to introduce a similar but separate piece of legislation Monday.

www.abcactionnews.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why don't they close all the mercenary recruitment centers? That would be the safest thing for the planet Earth.

Maybe they could start being truthful with prospective recruits?
1. 95% of what they tell you is a complete and total fabrication.
2. You are accepting a paycheck to go somewhere and murder people.
3. You will be the subject of medical, psychological experiments and maybe even sacrificed in a tactical false flag attack.
4. You will learn the horrifying truth only after you have sold your flesh.
5. If you can play the mind games needed to justify all this you will essentially be transformed a psychopath with suicidal, sadistic and homicidal fantasies for the rest of your life. You can look forward to a job in law enforcement.
6. If you fail to play the mind games, you spirit will be crushed.
7. In any case, when you return, you will be discarded like trash by your owners.

If you are one of these people that enjoy military occupation, I think you will be quite happy with what is coming.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I see, you really love America don't you.

I feel offended by that post, as I am from a family that had served militarily and proudly some had died for this nation,, from my grandfather to my uncles, father, brothers and husband.

Incredible.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Did you have anything pertinent to the OP or just more diatribes to get off your chest?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I posted a thread about that a few days ago. I think it's a great idea and the pentagon can't do a thing about it really.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes, I know, is more states that will be joining on the decision to arm personnel in the bases, but I wonder if they only can do this with the national guard that falls under states guidelines.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be honest here I think that was said way more under the previous administration than the current one.

At least by government folks, anyway. Still quite a few of us peons that say it.

Either way I completely see where you're coming from, I just don't think it's as big of a "thing" with the gov as it was several years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So ISIS and extremist arent a threat here at home..........

But dont wear your uniform just in case..........

sounds legit

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It'll stay at the Guard level most likely. But hopefully in the future if the need arises, governors will be more willing to order them armed than they have been in the past. If the need arises being the key phrase here.

I'm not in favor of arming every last Marine, sailor, solider etc to deal with this issue. I'm in favor of some being armed, but not all.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So ISIS and extremist arent a threat here at home..........

But dont wear your uniform just in case..........

sounds legit

Remember over the 4th of July weekend all the fear mongering?

Now notice how they conveniently are labeling this dude as a "violent homegrown extremist"?

Yea, we can see where this is going.......

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Seemed pretty prevalent during Charlie Hebdo aftermath and amidst the Kim Yong Un & Sony debacle...
But you may be right, that might also have been just among us little people rather than our masters.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I agree, but back to the topic, it sounds kind of funny that the best way to deal with acts of violence against military personnel working in public places in uniform is to strip them from the uniform and even close the recruiting stations, this is like telling those planning acts of violence against the military that is ok to kill only when they are in uniform.

I don't get the mentality behind this type of decisions.

We are in the US no some foreign country, or are we to keep bending over to please those that hate anything military or related to government.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yea that's effective... Cause a marine obviously only looks like a marine in uniform... Hair cut, bearing, manner of speech the way they walk none of that screams marine.

To the cat with the hate on... I've been in 18 years never murdered a sole get a grip and buy a clue cause you obviously need help.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
These are the same people that decry anyone who suggest something that could be rebutted with "if we do that the terrorists win"...

So where are all those people now...

That's right, letting the terrorists win.

This was my gut reaction too. And why does it seem like the same politicians who use those hackneyed phrases and make these bone -headed decisions and have these knee-jerk reactions are the very ones who want the terrorists to win...or okay, that's maybe not quite fair, so let's just say want the threat to keep on instilling fear. To me, they just seem cowardly.
edit on 7/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: phone boner

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I think you're over thinking it.

This reaction is nothing more than "if you scare us then by God we'll just take our ball and go home."

Wait, what? We're in the states? Oh, well in that case we'll hide and you can shoot up empty offices. Take THAT, bad guys!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Not unusual for the military at all, especially after they've been targeted, on home soil no less! Military members can't wear their uniform off base overseas for fear they'll be too easy to spot and targeted so thanks to the recent killings that order is making its way home.

It's not political, it's protection.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They should probably wear wigs as well since the haircut is a giveaway.
Remember to slouch Marines, standing upright is another sure sign of being a leatherneck,
Well, it's the first solution the Pentagon ever dreamed up that didn't cost anything

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join