It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The body went unnoticed for two weeks in the summer heat, decomposing inside a sport utility vehicle parked in the affluent neighborhood of Pacific Palisades.

Once Los Angeles police were called, they traced the dead man inside the vehicle to a town house down the street. There, investigators found roughly two tons of ammunition and more than 1,200 high-end pistols, shotguns and rifles.

The cache of firearms and ammunition was so large that it took police days to remove several truckloads from the canyon home.

But that’s where the mystery began.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

Well, this is interesting! When I first saw the story, the only details were that the man was dead in a car, down the street from his home, and that police found a vast cache of weapons and ammo in the house which were collected to prevent them from being stolen.

Since the story first broke, more, and stranger etails have emerged.

Several neighbors said the man was known only as “Bob” in the local area and described him as a gun fanatic who claimed to have worked covertly for either the FBI or the CIA. His fiancée had lived in the town home on Palisades Drive for years, they said.

So, the guy with the huge gun collection claimed to be part of some government agency? A secret agent, no less? I suspected there was more to the story, but hadn't anticipated that angle! But, wait, it gets better!

On the Fourth of July, the man, Nebron and two friends were in the parking lot of Bristol Farms on Wilshire Boulevard in Santa Monica when the man began feeling hot and sick, Braun said. They tried to cool him down with ice, but it didn’t work and he died, Braun said.

The fiancée wasn’t sure what to do with the body, but figured the same unnamed agency watching him would know that he died and would come for him, Braun said. Nebron parked the vehicle on Palisades Drive and left it because she “assumed they were tracking him,” the lawyer said.

So, his fiancee left his dead body in a car, and went on a trip, assuming this mysterious government agency would collect the body? Some fiancee! Whether I believed such a story or not, I can't imagine leaving the body of the man I planned to marry in a car, and leaving for a trip. I don't think I believe her story.

Plus, the police are still stating that t hey don't suspect homicide here. Alright, he had cancer, but come on! There are so many oddities about this story!

My initial points were these -

1. The man owned a LOT of weapons and ammo.

2. The man is reported dead in his vehicle, and police claim they don't suspect homicide.

3. The police are collecting all of the weapons and ammo.

4. No mention was made of any living relatives, who would inherit his property.

Then, we got more details, and I added in -

1. a fiancee, who knew him for seventeen years, but left his dead body in a car to go on vacation.

2. a name that could easily be an alias.

3. over 12-- weapons collected,, and two tons of ammo, since 2011.

4. claims that there is still no suspicion of homicide.

5. reported that the man claimed to be some sort of secret agent, and was willing to teach neighbors self defense.

6. a body that remained, for two weeks, supposedly unnoticed, in an affluent neighborhood.

So, what say you, ATS? Comments, opinions, implications, predictions for future revelations in the case, whatever! I suspect they will tell us he was a "gun nut" with no ties to government, and that t here will be an effort to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The woman will end up being charged for indignity to human remains.

And no alphabet agency will claim him, but someone in his family will be stuck flipping the bill for his funeral.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Seems likely! I did note that she has some bigshot attorney already. Of course, depending on what really happened, she might like that simple a charge. For me, someone dying, and the person that knew fleeing town, screams "foul play"! Plus, the story mentioned two other people present. Wonder why we don't know who they are....?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
he was murdered, by his wife and the 2 others... and left him in a hot car to rot....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: noxxen
he was murdered, by his wife and the 2 others... and left him in a hot car to rot....

Fiancee, she claims, but seems likely! How they can claim they don't even suspect foul play, I don't understand!! Well, unless some alphabet agency really is involved.....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ahh you might be onto something Ladygreeneyes

"unless some alphabet agency really is involved"

Hmm... the plot thickens!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

And no alphabet agency will claim him, but someone in his family will be stuck flipping the bill for his funeral.

No problem on the funeral cost. 1200 of any type of collector firearms should be worth an easy hundred grand. I bet the cops keep the gun tho.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
That really is a mystery.
I doubt that the guy was an agent but who knows. The fiancee is really tacky. That behavior makes me really suspicious.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

what happened to the option of ringing 999 " paramedic " when he first showed signs of severe distress ??????????

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

No problem on the funeral cost. 1200 of any type of collector firearms should be worth an easy hundred grand. I bet the cops keep the gun tho.

If they stick to their "no foul play" story, they'll have no recourse to keep those weapons if they were legally obtained by the deceased. But yeah, they'll try like hell to find a reason to keep the cache.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So...fiancé and friend gets hot and dies, and everybody's response is to stuff him in a car and leave it, and go on about their lives as if it never happened?

Seems legit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ahh you might be onto something Ladygreeneyes

"unless some alphabet agency really is involved"

Hmm... the plot thickens!

It caught my attention! Sure, he could have been a kook, but with everything else tossed in? If neighbors didn't talk about his weirdness, I'd wonder if she made all of that up.

originally posted by: Nickn3

That's what I was thinking. They keep the guns, and any family is stuck with expenses. I could see collecting them, to prevent them from being stolen, but too often, we hear how confiscated guns are never seen by the rightful owners again.

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That really is a mystery.
I doubt that the guy was an agent but who knows. The fiancee is really tacky. That behavior makes me really suspicious.

You and me, both! It's suspicious enough that he was in an affluent neighborhood, dead in a car, for two weeks, but her behavior, on top of all that? And they claim no foul play suspected?? Way too fishy!

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what happened to the option of ringing 999 " paramedic " when he first showed signs of severe distress ??????????

Excellent question! "911" here, but same thing, and virtually everyone has a cell phone. A woman living in a nicer neighborhood surely did. Pus the unnamed two "friends".

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
If they stick to their "no foul play" story, they'll have no recourse to keep those weapons if they were legally obtained by the deceased. But yeah, they'll try like hell to find a reason to keep the cache.

I hadn't thought of that. Imagine if the fiancee was his heir, in a will......

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So...fiancé and friend gets hot and dies, and everybody's response is to stuff him in a car and leave it, and go on about their lives as if it never happened?

Seems legit.

Yeah, nothing to see here!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Get ready. I think this one is about to get stranger yet.

Where's Rod Serling when you need him most?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

1200 firearms? That's $120k if they averaged out at $100 a piece.

Lot of disposable income there. Maybe he was like a quartermaster for some group? Then again, who'd be stupid enough to put all their apples in one basket like that?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Get ready. I think this one is about to get stranger yet.

Where's Rod Serling when you need him most?

These days? Hiding out in the Zone, where things make more sense!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Lot of disposable income there. Maybe he was like a quartermaster for some group? Then again, who'd be stupid enough to put all their apples in one basket like that?

Likely a lot more, considering that they were described as better quality. Who, indeed? His option, of course, if he simply loved guns, but that isn't a lifetime of collecting. According to the HOA guy, he saw no signs of guns or collecting in 2011, so it's even weirder. Seems likely he was in fact holding these guns for someone else. If what the fiancee stated he'd told her is true, it is even weirder. Watched, for some unknown reason, and all those guns? If this case doesn't disappear, I'd be more surprised than if it does!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Maybe they aren't all in one basket. Could be one of several stashes. Like you said; Lot of disposable income there. There's definitely more to this story than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Enough weapons to arm a small militia. I think the time-line is irrelevant at this point because the cache could have been moved around. 1200 weapons since 2011 is 300 per year and one guy would surely be on a lot of radars buying a gun every day barring Sundays lol.

Identifying the guy will tell them how much income he had and who he knew.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Maybe they aren't all in one basket. Could be one of several stashes. Like you said; Lot of disposable income there. There's definitely more to this story than meets the eye.

It's possible, but you'd think neighbors would notice large shipments coming into the house, if that was the case. Then again, could depend on how the neighborhood is laid out, too. Definitely a lot of income, from somewhere.

Enough weapons to arm a small militia. I think the time-line is irrelevant at this point because the cache could have been moved around. 1200 weapons since 2011 is 300 per year and one guy would surely be on a lot of radars buying a gun every day barring Sundays lol.

Identifying the guy will tell them how much income he had and who he knew.

Enough to arm them well! Odder, still, no one has mentioned "militia" in the story thus far. Maybe they are looking around for some group to try and connect the man to. A gun a day, yeah, and in California, and that didn't attract attention before? Good catch there.

Curiouser and curiouser!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join