It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video has surfaced showing possible lion in Milwaukee; Chief Flynn says “We’re treating it serio

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
A-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh

As a bit of totally useless trivia, IIRC, the Maasai phrase that sounds like a-wimoweh (more like mwe mo hweh?) means "I am that lion".

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Most likely a cougar. Not uncommon for the area, and they do stray into neighborhoods now and then. Hopefully, it will move along, and no one will be hurt.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Most likely a cougar. Not uncommon for the area

Cougars are often seen in Milwaukee?

Cougar bars perhaps.
www.google.com...

edit on 7/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Cougar bars perhaps.
www.google.com...

Ohhh boy you'er on a good one tonight!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

A-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh

As a bit of totally useless trivia, IIRC, the Maasai phrase that sounds like a-wimoweh (more like mwe mo hweh?) means "I am that lion".

I recall hearing something like that too. I just looked it up, and apparently the original phrase was "Uyimbube", which is Zulu for "you're a lion", and was adapted from a hunting chant....
www.songfacts.com...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

And here's the original 1939 Zulu language version of the song...Interesting...

edit on 7/22/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

They are in South Central TX as well. I saw a black panther once myself. Sucker was the size of a Great Dane. We also have African Wart Hogs too. The Wart Hogs just started popping recently. Anyways, Evidently they released a few big cats in the 70s to help control the feral hog problem. It obviously didn't help. Wild hogs are rampant around here.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Why can't there be anything cool like that here? All we have is coyotes. Tons of them. They roam the neighborhoods at night, and whenever they get someone's cat they start howling like banshees.
edit on 7/22/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I recall hearing something like that too. I just looked it up, and apparently the original phrase was "Uyimbube"...

That's it! It's been years since I looked at that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Haha! It's cool until you realize you're walking up on one taking the trash out to the dumpster. We lived on 5 acres at the time and luckily I scared big cat off before I got too close. I muttered some involuntary curse words and ran inside.

I'll have to find the local newspaper article on the Wart Hogs. I think someone had a couple as pets, they got loose and started breeding with ferals.

I was a hunting guide and outfitter for a while. With my own eyes I've seen the Black Panther, a few Bob Cats, tons of coyotes and a buncha Boars ranging from piglets to 300lb monsters.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Cougar bars perhaps.
www.google.com...

I was waiting for this........Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Haha! It's cool until you realize you're walking up on one taking the trash out to the dumpster. We lived on 5 acres at the time and luckily I scared big cat off before I got too close. I muttered some involuntary curse words and ran inside.

I'll have to find the local newspaper article on the Wart Hogs. I think someone had a couple as pets, they got loose and started breeding with ferals.

I was a hunting guide and outfitter for a while. With my own eyes I've seen the Black Panther, a few Bob Cats, tons of coyotes and a buncha Boars ranging from piglets to 300lb monsters.

I heard that you need to carry a side arm while pig hunting because they charge you after being shot. 300lb monster pig charging at you........No thanks......I do love bacon however.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Most likely a cougar. Not uncommon for the area, and they do stray into neighborhoods now and then. Hopefully, it will move along, and no one will be hurt.

Stray cougars in Milwaukee metro area.........Ah NO. This is a one of the most densely populated areas in the country.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here is a version for Lorena and John Bobbit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: collietta

There is a possibility that it is someone's exotic 'pet' that escaped.

There's a documentary called Elephant in the Room on Netflix. It's about the people who own wild animals as pets in their homes. These animals range from deadly snakes to big cats in inadequate conditions. The documentary is very sad.

The documentary featured a lot of people in the Midwest. They also mentioned the Midwest no longer has any native big cats. The wild cats now prefer to stay in the mountains.

That's not true about them being in the Midwest. Up here in northern Wisconsin there have been many reports in the last few years about cougar sightings. My employee was driving ahead of me about a month ago and when we stopped, he said he saw a huge cat cross the road in front of us. I unfortunately, didn't see it. So, they are up here in the northwoods, but it's pretty crazy that they found their way into the big city. Not all that unbelievable though. Bears wander into the urban areas all the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Large cats in the US are often mistaken for dogs.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sounds like New Hampshire.
a reply to: PlasticWizard

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
Stray cougars in Milwaukee metro area.........Ah NO. This is a one of the most densely populated areas in the country.
My friend's mom just got a divorce, so I guess it depends on what you mean by "stray".

Anyway I don't think mountain lions are that dangerous to adults. The biggest risk would be to kids and pets.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"Do not try to approach or capture the animal".

Errrr, it's a lion...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Cougar bars perhaps.
www.google.com...

Cougars are seen in Wisconsin, in "the area", as I stated. Quibble much?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
According to stories from around the state the DNR has been purposely releasing cougars in Wisconsin the last few years but not admitting it. I've seen some pics of one that was killed by hunters and some videos of live ones from further up north. I would bet it's a cougar.

From the video I really can't tell if it's a cougar or a lioness, but I am leaning towards lioness. It if is a lioness, it could have escaped from a private collection or been released because it was too expensive to care for .

There were some reports of a cougar around Janesville last fall, in lower South Central Wisconsin. Hopefully the paw prints will be able to determine what kind of cat it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join