It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Make BIG Announcement Live on Thursday - Another Earth?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They're going to tell us about the city on Ceres.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They are just teasing and trying to gee us up...they are actually just planning a manned mission to the moon..

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thursday will be the announcement of a new financial system on Earth; they will be taking about something many years away from earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I have been left with cyan spheres to many times in the past due to NASA's 'big' announcements.

I am not holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A 100 million is aaahlotta money.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Nope. I leak under no tree. But I'm all for sipping on the alien version of a lava flow.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is awesome... Why did I stop collecting marbles?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stlborn86
Maybe it's the mass relay just beyond cheron!!!

But seriously, I highly doubt it's anything for "normal people" to get excited about. It's more than likely something excited as finding another star

Charon was the Mass relay . They just had to thaw it out....
It will probably be no more than a planet orbiting within a few feet of its star....No , that one has been done. Ok , just another possible (?) Earth - like planet...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
even if it is another earth its gonna be too far away to reach even in our life time. so lets not get too excited here.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Normally I can't stand speculation that comes with these announcements, because people go completely overboard and then just end up butthurt and disappointed - but judging from the press release, it really does sound like they may have found the most Earth-like candidate yet.

However it's also worth noting that finding any planet, even Jupiter sized ones, in the Goldilocks zone is still significant. I mean sure Jupiter itself may be too big to harbor life, but that planet also has what - 70 moons? I think these giant planets might actually have better probabilities for life than the supposed Earth-like ones.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Somebody walked by the mars rovers?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They will announce they think the pics of Pluto are cool and bla bla yada yada and it requires more investigation....take my word , nasa is just one useless lousy money shredder and disinfo center, just like seti. both as useful as a hat on a fence post.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Can we send all our politicians and war mongers there?

I don't care it is too far away, just don't tell the politicians.
edit on 22-7-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My guess is that it is an announcement about an Earth-like planet, around a similar sun/star, orbiting at a similar distance.

There you go and there you have it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Choice777
take my word , nasa is just one useless lousy money shredder and disinfo center, just like seti. both as useful as a hat on a fence post.

Yes, because we have oh so many space agencies that are doing a better job, and for even less than the miniscule budget that NASA has....

Grow a brain...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A rebel group of "Watchers" from Earth would land on the alien world, covet their females and impregnate them to produce massive offspring known as "heros of old" long after they are gone. Back at earth their forbidden deeds will be discovered and laws passed for it to never happen again.

The end.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thursday:

"We have determined after billions and billions of dollars and time and energy, that a meaningless rock on Pluto is in fact 12.50kg when previously it was thought to be 12.47kg. This is a substantial finding because it means that when Pluto was formed 800 billion years ago it was more likely formed 800 billion years ago on a Tuesday. This discovery is huge."

Tune in next year when we announce that Pluto may not actually have been formed on Tuesday but a possible 4 day window.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Reduced gravity sounds good to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

It's an exoplanet orbiting a star ~150 light years away named EPIC 201367075, named after the Extrasolar Planetary Imaging Coronagraph.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
My guess is that it is an announcement about an Earth-like planet, around a similar sun/star, orbiting at a similar distance.

There you go and there you have it.

Trouble is, the term "Earth-like" is problematic when it comes to things hundreds of light years away. When it comes to current technology that term tends to cover an awful wide spectrum. It is about the right distance from its star and is about the right size. That's about the best of it.

Both Mars and Venus could be jammed into that box but are they "Earth-like?"

edit on 7/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join