It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof? "You Can't Handle The Proof!"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree Exactly. I can think there are a couple topics here on ATS people respond to without even looking at the sources. For the life of me can;t think of which ones atm.....

S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Often I find what persons who will only believe mainstream accepted science don't understand, is that what they are believing is also not proved in many cases and is ever changing as we learn.

Topics of interest to any of us should be discussed with the same respect for all as we present our views and depending on subject and forum even our intuitions, feelings and hopes.

If someone feels anyone else's belief or idea or "proofs' are stupid or crazy, common courtesy would presume that we address why and not use the terms crazy nor try to insinuate the person's ideas are ignorant. Instead a WISE person presents his/her information on the subject with appropriate backing if there is any and let the readers decide what they will feel about each post.

I just wish the world was full of people intelligent enough to understand that the dumbest person who has manners and a sense of cooperative sharing are much more intelligent in their way than the persons who want to hammer their own belief home by bullying and derision.

It reminds me of the T&C on reddit's Mandela Effect subreddit. If a great number of people have experienced the same effect for the very same issue, you can attempt to debunk it, but you aren't allowed to say it is silly, childish, pathetic, laughable, etc.
edit on 17-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Often I find what persons who will only believe mainstream accepted science don't understand, is that what they are believing is also not proved in many cases and is ever changing as we learn.

Topics of interest to any of us should be discussed with the same respect for all as we present our views and depending on subject and forum even our intuitions, feelings and hopes.

If someone feels anyone else's belief or idea or "proofs' are stupid or crazy, common courtesy would presume that we address why and not use the terms crazy nor try to insinuate the person's ideas are ignorant. Instead a WISE person presents his/her information on the subject with appropriate backing if there is any and let the readers decide what they will feel about each post.

I just wish the world was full of people intelligent enough to understand that the dumbest person who has manners and a sense of cooperative sharing are much more intelligent in their way than the persons who want to hammer their own belief home by bullying and derision.

It reminds me of the T&C on reddit's Mandela Effect subreddit. If a great number of people have experienced the same effect for the very same issue, you can attempt to debunk it, but you aren't allowed to say it is silly, childish, pathetic, laughable, etc.

That seems like a really poor rule. Silly, childish, pathetic, laughable ideas that have been disproven many times over should be pointed out for what they are, not danced around and coddled. Otherwise, the gullible and ignorant will still blindly believe them.
edit on 7/17/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Klassified

Is that a mocking clap or a hooray clap?

It's a "well done, S&F" applause.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank you! That guy creeps me out though! For future reference could you find a different set of clapping hands?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yep, no idea what you could be referring to...escapes my memory...perhaps a Manhattan would refresh your memory and provide a stimulus at the same time?

edit on 21-7-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join