It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof? "You Can't Handle The Proof!"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I find no comfort whatsoever in being lied to repeatedly. Whatever event transpires that furthers the agenda of this evil conspiracy of magicians controlling this world, does so unencumbered regardless of whatever the "truth" is and any proof to the contrary is futile. Comfort is what I get when I get a hug or eat ice cream, these controlling morons that do whatever they want and report it any way they want to do not do so to offer me comfort. They do so to control and manipulate.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This all seems quite simple to me. Whereas in: it is not the responsibility of the listener to disprove what the teller is stating, but quite the opposite, it is the responsibility of the teller to prove to the listener of what he is sating to be truth.

You can't prove a negative. eg: if I say, "God is real.", it is up to me to prove to others that God is real, it is not up to the listener to disprove that God is real. That would be the same as me saying, "Zeus is real, prove me wrong." Just because someone cannot prove Zeus is not real, it does not follow that Zeus IS real.

Unless I am misreading OP's whole thesis.

Starbuck799.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

What is being spoken or written as being "truth" and facts provided that are supposed to be "proof" are often accepted regardless. If someone wants to dispute it they will have to counter with their own version of "truth" and back it up with their own "proof" in order to debunk the original.

The problem for a conspiracy to occur, there has to be an alternative.

The alternative can often be brought about by the very people that created the original version in order to "debunk" their own version on purpose.

For instance, pick a card any card, and I will tell you what the card is, but if I get it wrong I will just offer another possibility for why it happened. If I get it right you will go "WoW! Either way it becomes a conspiracy and mission accomplished.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's been my experience that debunking any conspiracy has been a waste of energy and time. Honestly, when was the last time anyone who believed in a conspiracy theory read or was told something that made them change their mind and now believes the 'official story'. It doesn't matter the facts, proof, truth...whatever...they will either deflect it, not believe it...call you a sheeple...yada yada yada. No offense, but most of the conspiracy believers I have talked to always feel they are the smartest person in the room, and you can't tell them any different. I am sure their is someone reading this right now that believes that horrible killing of 4 Marines yesterday is either a False Flag or somehow connected the Jade Helm...and if you can't see the proof that is right there, then you are a sheeple.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Chemtrails do exist and you telling me they don't doesn't change that fact one iota.

I guess you answered my question...remember this one.

Can you handle the proof that debunks a conspiracy?

you been shown they have been debunked and you can't handle it....thanks for the confirmation.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I find no comfort whatsoever in being lied to repeatedly.

But yet you believe chemtrail pushers when they tell you they exist without even showing a shred of confirmable evidence to their existence.

Interesting...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You have never offered any proof and all you did was answer your own question. Where is your proof they do not exist?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Chemtrails...the fact is they don't exist and that's the truth.

You got any proof of that fact?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Useurbrain

I disagree. Sure, there are a lot of people that will buy into any conspiracy theory and scream "shill" anytime anyone presents evidence disproving their pet theories, but fortunately, not everyone is quite that foolish and pigheaded.

When I first started browsing this site in 2004, I believed all sorts of crazy stuff that I now know to be complete and utter nonsense. No single "debunking" has completely changed my mind on a given subject, but the cumulative effect of being shown things from multiple perspectives and having facts presented in multiple ways (along with doing my own research) has absolutely played a part in changing my beliefs.
edit on 7/17/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You have never offered any proof and all you did was answer your own question. Where is your proof they do not exist?

You can't prove a negative. You (and others) are the one(s) claiming chemtrails exist, hence the burden is on you to prove it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

When I see an obvious miscarriage of justice or a blatant travesty of lies being force fed as "truth", I am going to point it out. Whether or not someone wants to call me nuts or not or whether they want to change their mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It's been my experience that debunking any conspiracy has been a waste of energy and time. Honestly, when was the last time anyone who believed in a conspiracy theory read or was told something that made them change their mind and now believes the 'official story'.

You would be amazed...especially when they understood the science behind contrails how they form, and why they sometimes dissipate, and why they persist.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You can't prove a negative. You (and others) are the one(s) claiming chemtrails exist, hence the burden is on you to prove it.

You stole my Shtick. Damn you! God damn you all to hell!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

You got any proof of that fact?

DO you have any that refutes the fact, because unless you can prove to me they exist...guess what they don't.

And posting the same old so called evidence that has been seen debunked and discussed many times before...doesn't make it new because it is to you.

So care to refute my fact with actual evidence and not because someone said they looked up and saw them?
edit on 17-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

You sir, are a rare and wise man!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

Uh.....Sowwy?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I didn't say they existed either, i asked you for proof of the fact that they don't.

Which you said.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I didn't say they existed either, i asked you for proof of the fact that they don't.

So you want me to show proof of something that doesn't exist...how does one show proof that something doesn't exist if it doesn't exist?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sounds a little something but Col. Nathan R. Jessup got his smug a@@ slapped down after mouthing off the phrase that inspired your title.

Actually, it is quite fitting, if you seem to think that postering absolves you from bringing proof to the table.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What the HE Double Hockey Sticks? Now the whole damn thread is stealing my Shtick! I demand redemption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join