It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shariah financing growing popular in the West

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ever try to get a bond or interest free loan?

Good luck never happen for a white man. L
Islam is not a minority either.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Hammurabi code of law is secular

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

What does that have to do with you mentioning Sharia law?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So I went to the bank and made an offer to the bank to buy a house at a marked up price that included a profit for them. I make installments on it while they hold the deed and at anytime I can pay it off in full. (mind you this is not a mortgage). their answer was no.

This is what they are offering to Muslims in Seattle, this is what they are doing in Chicago and in Michigan .

The problem the bank would not agree to it with me but are willing to do so with Muslims to help them be sharia compliant.

This is discrimination based on religion.

edit on 22-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Is the bank you went to the same one as in the Original Post? If not, does the bank you went to offer Sharia-compliant loans?

edit on 22-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They do not call it sharia compliant Loans. Loans indicate interest they are called Bonds.

Sharia law forbids the Muslim from borrowing from a non-beleiver, forbids a Muslim from Lending to a non-beleiver (This one is often overlooked and they do it even today), and forbids a Muslim from charging interest to another Musim.

It was a halal approved bank in Chitown

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Did you go to one of the banks in the Original Post?

If not, did the bank you went to offer Sharia-complaint financing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure you understand how discrimination works. A bank that never offered Sharia financing isn't liable to offer YOU sharia financing just because a totally unrelated bank in another city does it.

You appear to be ITCHING for a reason to be mad at Muslims and are trying every angle to do it.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No if the bank will give one person of a particular religion an offer to buy a home at a mark up and give them installments and a one lump sum clause without any type of penalty then they need to offer it to all people.

Right now the banks will not give that to you or me because they want to lock us in a 30 year mortgage and if you take the mortgage and then try and pay it off with a lump sum they penalize you.

I want the same treatment, I want a home with a mark up with an agreement to installments and if I want to pay it off in a lump sum I can. The bank wont give it to me but they will to one particular group only.

And stop trying to put hatred in the post it has nothing to do with Muslims as it does the discrimination of the banks towards non Muslim by offering them a deal they wont offer anyone else.

edit on 23-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

No if the bank will give one person of a particular religion an offer to buy a home at a mark up and give them installments and a one lump sum clause without any type of penalty then they need to offer it to all people.

Right. THAT particular bank has to do it, not the whole damn industry...

Right now the banks will not give that to you or me because they want to lock us in a 30 year mortgage and if you take the mortgage and then try and pay it off with a lump sum they penalize you.

I want the same treatment, I want a home with a mark up with an agreement to installments and if I want to pay it off in a lump sum I can. The bank wont give it to me but they will to one particular group only.

Well take it up with the actual bank that offered that loan to a customer, not your own personal bank where you live.

And stop trying to put hatred in the post it has nothing to do with Muslims as it does the discrimination of the banks towards non Muslim by offering them a deal they wont offer anyone else.

Except there is no discrimination. You are mad that a local bank in your area that is COMPLETELY unrelated to a bank in the OP isn't offering the same things as the bank in the OP. That's like walking into a Burger King and demanding a Big Mac because McDonald's has one.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

it wont matter which bank, any bank or financial institution, that receives federal protection and subsidies, that offers that kind of deal has to offer it to all without predjudice or they are discriminating.

So far the one in Chicago that offfers it will not make that deal if you are not Muslim. That bank is discriminating and they admit the deal is only for Muslim.

I don't hate the bank but it needs to be equal and it is not.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Except there is no discrimination. You are mad that a local bank in your area that is COMPLETELY unrelated to a bank in the OP isn't offering the same things as the bank in the OP. That's like walking into a Burger King and demanding a Big Mac because McDonald's has one.

you do know that you can get two all beef patties, special sauce, cheese lettuce, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun at Burger King don't you? It is just not called a big mac.

edit on 23-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

it wont matter which bank, any bank or financial institution, that receives federal protection and subsidies, that offers that kind of deal has to offer it to all without predjudice or they are discriminating.

Says who? You? Certainly not any laws in THIS country.

So far the one in Chicago that offfers it will not make that deal if you are not Muslim. That bank is discriminating and they admit the deal is only for Muslim.

How do you know? You didn't go to that bank.

I don't hate the bank but it needs to be equal and it is not.

You are really reaching for your premise buddy. You are just ITCHING to feel persecuted. Tell ya what, if you feel so STRONGLY aggrieved for it, go contact a lawyer and get his opinion. Stop whining about it on ATS and do something about it, that is if you TRULY believe you are being discriminated against by a bank not related to the bank in the article.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You do know that wasn't the point of the analogy? Should I have said, "Go into a KFC and demand a Baconator" instead?
edit on 24-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

In case you missed my rather simple questions:

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Did you go to one of the banks in the Original Post?

If not, did the bank you went to offer Sharia-complaint financing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

How many posts does it take to get to the gay
marriage topic in any thread? 1,2,3, it is 11 this time.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oh, noez.

How long before someone starts bitching about a gay-compliant loan.

'It had sparkles all over the rainbow-colored amortization papers and I feelz discriminated because I want one too!'

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In case you missed it I went to one in Chicago that offers sharia compliant assistance but to Muslims only. So I asked for the same thing for me (a non Muslim) and they said no.

edit on 24-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Then you should hire an attorney and file a civil/class action suit.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then you should hire an attorney and file a civil/class action suit.

A letter from an Attorney is being sent to the bank addressing the issue. Let's see if it makes the news.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join