It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Cop Kevin Herrington Said 'I'm Gonna Get That ****** Before Fatal Chokehold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Another day another story of a cop killing an unarmed civilian.. This time according to witnesses he actually yelled I am going to get that N-----R before chasing him down and holding him in a choke hold for over 20 minutes .

One of the witnesses is a correctional officer who begged the cop to let him go so he could try and perform CPR but of course he refused, he wasn't done killing him yet.

Dollars to donuts this guy wont face any charges either.

Sanders, 39, a resident of Stonewall, Mississippi, died last Wednesday after allegedly being placed in a chokehold by Officer Kevin Herrington, attorneys C.J. Lawrence and Chokwe Lumumba told The Huffington Post on Tuesday.

Sanders, who trained horses and was often seen riding around in a horse-drawn buggy, was at a gas station with one of his animals at about 10 p.m. Wednesday when he saw an altercation between Herrington and another white man, whom Sanders knew. According to Lawrence, Sanders approached them and asked Herrington to leave the other man alone.

A witness told the attorneys that after Sanders left, Herrington allegedly said, "I'm gonna get that n****r."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 15-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jul 16 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed N*****R to *******

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

But there isn't racism in America! /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

There is racism everywhere..

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Still doesn't stop some from denying it exists. I saw the comedian Iliza Schlesinger perform here last year and her opening joke was "I love Canada. You guys are like 1950s America. Overly polite but secretly racist."

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What can we honestly say, nowadays, that hasn't been said ad infintum...

This time I refuse...

I'll wait a couple months for a DA statement, and another 6 for the trial, and then when it's all blown over we'll already have discussed 5 or 6 more of these cases.

Then he'll walk away.

Respect my authority...
I will, if respect means shoot and authority means heart.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Racism definitely exists, but it isn't as relevant as it has been made out to be. The label is applied too liberally to too many things so it has lost a lot of definitive power.

This case garners attention and should be scrutinized IMO.

With this case just the facts that there is a prior altercation and animosity should warrant extra scrutiny over the death.
edit on 15-7-2015 by grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I try not to form an opinion until all the facts and evidence are in the light but if this is the case this officer needs to be arrested and charged. Not only for the murder but for a hate crime as well.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't understand how this happened.

They took down the flag!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

They took down the flag!

There is still one flying at the museum near my house so....

That explains it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

They took down the flag!

I'm sure this thread will soon be buried under the flood of more conservatively correct threads about the inherent criminality of black people, the "banning" of flags, the "historic" (43 year-old) carving at the 'ol Klan meeting spot, etc.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Actually I wanted to point out that racism is alive and well and taking down a symbol of confederacy didn't do jack-sh!t.

But I bet it made some people feel like they were "doing something" and that they got to be all edgy and activisty and morally superior for 5 effing minutes!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The officer in question is nothing more than a racist pig. Nothing new there really considering being racist is practically a requirement these days regarding the Police.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wonder if this Mississippi cop was as butthurt over the Confederate flag "banning" as some of the rest of you? It IS Mississippi after all, the Klan was still lynching 14 year-olds and executing Civil Rights workers in Mississippi 50 years ago.
edit on 2015-7-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wonder if this Mississippi cop was as butthurt over the Confederate flag "banning" as some of the rest of you? It IS Mississippi after all, the Klan was still lynching year-olds and executing Civil Rights workers in Mississippi 50 years ago.

Of course!

Paint everyone that disagreed with banning the flag as racist!

Progressive 101.

You're slipping.

I thought you'd come up with something more original.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Of course!

Paint everyone that disagreed with banning the flag as racist!

Progressive 101.

You're slipping.

Awesome!1
Fighting generalizations with generalizations

Maybe you are the one slipping.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Actually I wanted to point out that racism is alive and well and taking down a symbol of confederacy didn't do jack-sh!t.

But I bet it made some people feel like they were "doing something" and that they got to be all edgy and activisty and morally superior for 5 effing minutes!

It's actually worth at least 3 days of moral superiority, I'm squeezing an extra few days out of it by repeatedly pointing out that the carving on Stone Mountain isn't historic and was made possible in no small part by the efforts of the Klan.

I'd also like to point out that taking down the flag didn't cause everyone to forget about the Confederacy either!

In fact, I'm sure being from Stonewall, Mississippi, not many could claim to be quite as aware of their proud Confederate heritage as Kevin Herrington.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The flag's not banned. You can skin your car in a giant flag if you want. Paint a huge flag on your house, even.

It's just not flying on a government property anymore.

I digress, that's off topic.

The case looks pretty bad for the officer. If other LEOs are saying he went to far, I don't think he has much of a chance. Which is refreshing. More GOOD cops need to out the BAD cops. Screw this whole "we take care of our own" crap. If you don't fly by the rules, "we take care of our own" should be out of the question.
edit on 15-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: poor site scripting

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Are you still going to assert that everyone who didn't agree with you about the flag is racist?

That'll go a long way for future posts.

But blame the "flag" for a racist cop, it'll get at the very least, a phone call from Obama and a coffee mug from Sharpton!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Not my intention at all, I just think that maybe some people in their conservatively correct fervor have inadvertently fallen into a trap of supporting the agendas of dead politicians from the Civil Rights era South — who were definitely racists in the truest sense of the word.

I'd also like to know where the conservative mainstream media outrage over this incident is?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I only have ties to the "greedy jewish banks" you'll have to ask someone else about the evil conservative racist media.

Not my department.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join