It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training evangelical pastors to be politicians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Oh my oh my....

Jesus camp for adults seeks to impose Christianity on the US by converting 1,000 pastors into politicians

I learned about the New Apostolic Reformationist and Seven Mountain Dominionists a couple of years ago. At that time, they remained rather "underground", below the radar. No more.

You all will have to click the link to see the story (originally posted in the International Business Times, but I couldn't find it on there) - this version is on rawstory.com. I can't post a snippet either.

Briefly, the evangelicals are mobilizing big time - a gathering commenced to begin training pastors to become political operatives - i.e. running for office. 300 of them in Florida, with Mike Huckabee slated as keynote speaker.

This is rather alarming.
This began last November, according to the Washington Times.

A prominent evangelical Christian leader has launched an effort to recruit 1,000 pastors willing to run for political office, hoping to inject religious issues and candidates into the 2016 election.

David Lane, the founder of the American Renewal Project, said he hopes he can persuade pastors to run for offices as varied as school board and city council to the state legislature and Congress. He’s scheduled an organizing meeting in January in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

An additional link from The American Renewal Project

It seems to me there must be some boundary that is being crossed, but maybe not. It just sounds .... off.

By engaging pastors and church communities, Mr. Lane hopes ultimately that more Christians will head to the polls.

“We have a Christian responsibility to engage people and get out the vote,” Mr. Lane said adding that the pastors “might decide that the Lord doesn’t want them to run for office, but they may have someone in their church who is very talented and can encourage them to.”

He argued that America was established as a Judeo-Christian nation and that separation of church and state was never meant to keep religion out of politics.

“There’s no truth to that, the Constitution says the state is to keep out of the church, it doesn’t say the church is to keep out of the state,” Mr. Lane said, adding that secularism is another religion that’s being imposed on Americans.

Another storm brewing....not so quietly. Americans mustn't let themselves be taken by surprise. Please do your due diligence and learn all you can about those hopefuls currently running for office, and how they are recruiting. What party do they claim?

I'll just leave this here and see if anyone wants to discuss it.

If our governments are actually democracies, then surely there should be a representation of the most popular group of affiliated citizens and it should be proportionally sized to that representation.

About 70% of Americans identify themselves as Christian. It has been estimated that there are 513,200 political offices (local and state government) in the United States. 70% of that would be 359,240. So 1,000 politicians hardly approaches proportional representation.

This is simply democracy in action. A consequence of democracy is that there are those who believe and act differently than others.

edit on 10/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yeah, I watched that vid in another thread where you posted it.

Very disturbing. It made me cringe.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well many of these radical Christians are seeking to get a seat in the vice presidency.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

USA Next??

I hope not (and I'm straight).....................

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You don't find any blood-chilling premonition of ISIS-type possibilities?

I wouldn't have, either, 5 years ago. Not even after 9/11.

Now, though - it seems all bets are off.

In case you didn't read the links, part of the training is to have these pastors recruit from among their own congregations, too. They're making a "grass-roots" strategy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GUITARPLAYER

You're confused, perhaps.

It wasn't murder or rape God commanded. Those "murders" were righteous justice being handed down on any and all of Gods enemies. Those people should not have followed other gods. Or they should have listened to priests. Or should not have been gay. Or been the sons of sinners. Or should not have been atheists. Or should not have spoken false prophecies (which may have come directly from the Lord). It wasn't murder when they executed females who weren't virgins on their wedding night. Or when it was punishment for striking parents. Or fornication. Or adultery. Or blasphemy.

No.. none of those things were murder.

Nor was it rape, when God's chosen people went across the land destroying God's enemies and taking their women for wives of their own. Totally was not rape to become the wife of the man who killed your father and brothers.

/sarc

What scares me is I know for a fact there are some Christians who believe all the crazy Old Testament stuff still applies and should be followed strictly. God forbid they ever get into positions of influence. Even if they are unable to influence..
edit on 7-10-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And come to that - (them being trained to recruit and groom members of their congregations as well as running themselves) - where would these candidates get their money?

From their fellow church-members? Or from the churches themselves? (Like there's any difference.) This would re-open the whole issue of whether churches should be tax-exempt. So, I'd expect another "bill" to be presented by some congress-person to amend that.

Maybe something like, if a church's leader becomes a candidate for any public office, his or her 'church' shall then become taxed as a business, not as a non-profit. Does anyone know do churches have legal SuperPACs now? How does that work?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The question is, will these tools announce that they are tools or will they try to slide in under the radar.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've had this in my uploads forever, and it seemed appropriate for how I'm feeling after reading the OP:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well many of these radical Christians are seeking to get a seat in the vice presidency.

So? Not too long ago, most politicians aligned themselves with church groups specifically to win votes.

The majority of American Presidents have also professed Christian faith. Wikipedia - Religious affiliations of Presidents of the United States

Nothing new in any of this this at all. The responses of fear, horror and indignation that have been expressed in this thread are not really historically soundly based, for any democratic government.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi
The question is, will these tools announce that they are tools or will they try to slide in under the radar.

Well Scientologists were able to infiltrate the US Gov. under "Operation Snow White" pretty successfully. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys tried to fly under the radar. In most offices and professional careers, you don't talk about your faith openly. It would be easy to go unnoticed.

In case your interested:

Operation Snow White
edit on 10-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If they adhere to the Constitution, then there shouldn't be a problem, should it?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Oh I know about it.

My armory was in Clearwater Scientology was one of those things you needed to learn about so you could keep clear of them.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: GUITARPLAYER

Those are not religious-based-laws.
And I don't see any americans ANYWHERE, in ANY station, calling for lifting of those laws. They are, I believe, of Greco-Roman origin, by the way.

EDIT: At least in the case of murder, it goes clear back to the earliest recorded law - the Sumerian code.

One of the oldest known prohibitions against murder appears in the Sumerian Code of Ur-Nammu written sometime between 2100 and 2050 BC. The code states, "If a man commits a murder, that man must be killed." The payment of weregild was an important legal mechanism in early Germanic society. If someone was killed, the guilty person would have to pay weregild to the victim's family. The other common form of legal reparation at this time was blood revenge.

I take it that you do not think the Sumerian codes were religious based?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You don't find any blood-chilling premonition of ISIS-type possibilities?

I wouldn't have, either, 5 years ago. Not even after 9/11.

Now, though - it seems all bets are off.

In case you didn't read the links, part of the training is to have these pastors recruit from among their own congregations, too. They're making a "grass-roots" strategy.

This has always been the way it happens.

Other groups do the same thing. The proportional representation bit happens because of a balance of these special interest groups occurs quite naturally, mandated by the final filter of the vote.

Running for office does not equal election.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GUITARPLAYER

a reply to: xuenchen

Are people going to be worried that religion will creep into laws?

What do YOU think? You think those people intend to leave religion OUT of their laws?

Which religious based laws would you get rid of? Murder? Rape? Incest?

How about these for starters...
States that don't allow atheists to hold public office

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Oh my oh my....

Jesus camp for adults seeks to impose Christianity on the US by converting 1,000 pastors into politicians

I learned about the New Apostolic Reformationist and Seven Mountain Dominionists a couple of years ago. At that time, they remained rather "underground", below the radar. No more.

You all will have to click the link to see the story (originally posted in the International Business Times, but I couldn't find it on there) - this version is on rawstory.com. I can't post a snippet either.

Briefly, the evangelicals are mobilizing big time - a gathering commenced to begin training pastors to become political operatives - i.e. running for office. 300 of them in Florida, with Mike Huckabee slated as keynote speaker.

This is rather alarming.
This began last November, according to the Washington Times.

A prominent evangelical Christian leader has launched an effort to recruit 1,000 pastors willing to run for political office, hoping to inject religious issues and candidates into the 2016 election.

David Lane, the founder of the American Renewal Project, said he hopes he can persuade pastors to run for offices as varied as school board and city council to the state legislature and Congress. He’s scheduled an organizing meeting in January in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

An additional link from The American Renewal Project

It seems to me there must be some boundary that is being crossed, but maybe not. It just sounds .... off.

By engaging pastors and church communities, Mr. Lane hopes ultimately that more Christians will head to the polls.

“We have a Christian responsibility to engage people and get out the vote,” Mr. Lane said adding that the pastors “might decide that the Lord doesn’t want them to run for office, but they may have someone in their church who is very talented and can encourage them to.”

He argued that America was established as a Judeo-Christian nation and that separation of church and state was never meant to keep religion out of politics.

“There’s no truth to that, the Constitution says the state is to keep out of the church, it doesn’t say the church is to keep out of the state,” Mr. Lane said, adding that secularism is another religion that’s being imposed on Americans.

Another storm brewing....not so quietly. Americans mustn't let themselves be taken by surprise. Please do your due diligence and learn all you can about those hopefuls currently running for office, and how they are recruiting. What party do they claim?

I'll just leave this here and see if anyone wants to discuss it.

If our governments are actually democracies, then surely there should be a representation of the most popular group of affiliated citizens and it should be proportionally sized to that representation.

About 70% of Americans identify themselves as Christian. It has been estimated that there are 513,200 political offices (local and state government) in the United States. 70% of that would be 359,240. So 1,000 politicians hardly approaches proportional representation.

This is simply democracy in action. A consequence of democracy is that there are those who believe and act differently than others.

The U.S. is NOT a democracy, though. Christians have no rights above any other group according to the constitution.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Nothing new in any of this this at all. The responses of fear, horror and indignation that have been expressed in this thread are not really historically soundly based, for any democratic government.

The fear, horror and indignation probably has something to do with how many people are now dead or refugees in the ME, where some people decided they needed to take over the entire region. You think? And the fact that they aren't being very nice about it....that might be it, too.

Militants are militants.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The fear, horror and indignation probably has something to do with how many people are now dead or refugees in the ME, where some people decided they needed to take over the entire region. You think? And the fact that they aren't being very nice about it....that might be it, too.

Militants are militants.

It also has something to do with knowing what has happened historically, when Christianity is turned loose, and becomes anything resembling a theocracy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Guess that depends on how they view the Supreme Court, or who they decide to appoint to it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join