It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Banned from Jade Helm Exercises

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I can't see the special forces being involved too much in a civilian training op in the US though, unless they plan on being completely covert. Way too much to risk in the way of identities. It's just not smart at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It's an escape and evasion exercise. They're trying to "escape" from local police forces. They're not going to be in uniform or have anything identifying them as military on their clothing. How is the average person going to know they're even military, let alone part of SOCOM?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That makes much more sense, but honestly I don't see how it can be of any use if that is the tactic. Everyone in the US has a phone with a camera. Someone, somewhere will get a few pics of the SOCOM's involved. Those pics will get distributed via this thing we are talking on. Bad news for them if they ever need to go on a RECON mission, having your face plastered over the internet and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah there is some risk involved, but the training benefit far outweighs that risk.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There's no reason for press to be @ Jade Helm.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I thought the constitution had a part that says no army on US soil?
oh Obama deletet the constitution.
and troops shot people in US for the vitnam demonstrations.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Huh. I guess all the military bases are a direct violation of the constitution then.

Or maybe you should read it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Uhm, no. They can't perform police duties on US soil. Slightly different. Otherwise they couldn't even train in the US.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

Care to show us where in the Constitution that is stated?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry for the grave dig, but I find I have to drop a knowledge bomb.

After WWII the Office of Strategic Services was split into two, the spy side became the CIA and the guerrilla side became Special Forces. The primary taskings of SF are Foreign Internal Defense (raising SOF units to put down rebellions to allied governments) and raising rebel armies in hostile countries. They're trainers, in other words. Yes, they're perfectly competent shooters, but Rangers will get tapped for direction action missions before SF does because that's what Rangers do.

The purpose of Jade Helm is to simulated a large, multi-national UCW mission during a large war. UCW means being among civilians populations and to train for it realistically you need to be in civilian areas.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join