It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits to training ISIS forces

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The United States is training forces from the Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) militant group, US President Barack Obama said as he spoke from Washington on the 10-year anniversary of the London 7/7 bombings on Tuesday.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think it was a slip of the tongue.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace
Not training IS forces. Maybe what you want to hear.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I think it was a slip of the tongue.

Verbally dropping oneself in the crap usually is a slip of the tongue mate.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The United States has trained virtually every single enemy it has fought since WWII.

They created a lot of these groups, trained and armed many of them and only call them terrorist organizations, after they stop playing ball.

ISIS is a conglomerate of US funded and trained groups, capitalizing on the power vacuum left by NATO after they left Iraq and Syria. That and when George fired the Iraqi Army.

So Obama can say it, he can not say it, doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is, ISIS has been largely helped due to US errors on the ground since 2004.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

With a little assistance from us, correction - our hypocritical Government i should say, in the UK too.

edit on 8-7-2015 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

With a little assistance from us, correction - our hypocritical Government i should say, in the UK too.

That's why I mentioned NATO really.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Righto...thought i'd mention our governments involvement for those who didn't twig what you meant.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Righto...thought i'd mention our governments involvement for those who didn't twig what you meant.

True, a lot of people don't even know what NATO is, or which countries take part, so I appreciate the clarification

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
How did I know an RT video would be included? Oh yea, propaganda.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yea pretty sure he misspoke. Exercise a shred of critical thinking about the entirety of what he said and that should be pretty clear.

Which doesn't change the fact that the U.S. fostered IS. But I don't think this is anything other than him tripping over his words. It was on paper, not a TelePrompTer

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I'm at a loss to be able to identify where the Obama Aid for Syrian Rebels' training is actually being spent, remember, the Bill that was approved back in September 2014? It was for multi billions $ counter terrorism funds, $500 million for Syrian Rebels apparently.

There are at least four factions fighting in Syria. The U.S has not been at all transparent on where the money is going and who it is backing. The Obama Admin' needs to clarify.

Ooops, what a Freudian slip that was Mr President.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If I remembered he also once said he was muslem ( I could be wrong) but Freudian slips are when you say what you thing and not think what you say, he also bowed down to the saudi king. so I mark this one as VERY INTERESTING

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
He disclosed about the Aliens the other day :

About the vid from the OP, FOX news could for once have something interesting to say but I guess they didn't even mention it ...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
ISIS conventional training came from its union with Saddam's former officer corps in its bid to blitz Baghdad. And they had been fighting non conventional warfare against the US for a decade before the US withdrawal. ISIS does not need outside training.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

But they do get outside training, on the inside.

Defectors, I mean.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That video is very annoying to watch...
What he is saying doesn't match up with the video...
Possibly a dub over?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry but do a little research. He said this! And in the official transcript, they edited it and put Iraqi in brackets after the word Isil.

And with all the pics of McCain, the leader of Isil claiming US is supporting them, etc. Everyone who is waking up knows perfectly well who is funding them. And why he isn't behind bars for, beheading, murder, murder of children, selling women and infants, mutilitation of their private parts, destruction of artifacts and genocide of christians in those areas, is beyond me because if everyone was like me, all would be right there kicking him out and surrounding police until they arrest him, ie hundreds of millions would do that and would not go home until it was done.

He is funding all of that.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Meanwhile, we continue to ramp up our training and support of local forces that are fighting ISIL on the ground. As I’ve said before, this aspect of our strategy was moving too slowly. But the fall of Ramadi has galvanized the Iraqi government. So, with the additional steps I ordered last month, we’re speeding up training of ISIL [Iraqi] forces, including volunteers from Sunni tribes in Anbar Province.

They left his actual words in.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here is the whole speech (I think) on the ISIS crisis

edit on 8-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He says "speeding up training of ISIL forces, including some from Sunni tribes" .... to me it sounds like he means forces to fight ISIL/S, no different than had he said Anti-ISIL forces.

I guess it would be easy to misinterpret that though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join