It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Not sure you were actually replying to my post?

I support gays 100 percent.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Since when does it matter what you care about my comment? I think the division of people is nothing more that a tool being used to divide people and distract them from realizing what truly matters. I am also not bitter; I have my opinions and I publish them here in a public forum as I see fit. Marriage whether it be gay or hetero, is none of the government's business nor should it be the church's business. If you take the foolish laws off the books relating to marriage and taxes, you would not have any need for any court to be involved in the relationship between two consenting adults.

…and of course, your post, is full of wisdom, educated postulations and purpose….
I'll read some of your posts now so I can potentially confirm that you are very intolerant of others that don't think like you.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The 1st amendment is about free speech?..Its about not forcing ones lifestyle, religion or opinion on anyone else

KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND IN THE CLOSET WHERE IT BELONGS
edit on 2-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: for billy

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What my point is is you think this is over. You've 'won'. Cite legal precedent as if everyone will go 'oh well'...we've lost.

Don't worry, I don't believe that for a second. I was well aware that the losers would pitch a huge fit for not getting their way. It doesn't mean that is right or correct though.

What's actually happening, and this is verified by the political hypocrites of the right by their rhetoric, it nothing could be further from the truth.

Rather than the SCOTUS decision being the end, it is, in fact, a rallying point that is and will continue and grow.

Yea... That didn't happen for Loving v. Virginia. I don't think it will happen here. Eventually y'all will just forget about it and move on. The law is no longer on your side. Your attempts to circumvent the ruling will just get overturned in court. There is no where for you guys to go except to break the law.

The political hypocrites on the left, like Obama and Hillary, who have previously stated being opposed to gay marriage, could reverse that that flip-flop given sufficient political pressure. Believe me, there are FAR more Christians than gays, even with their supporters and politicians constantly put finger to wind for survival's sake.

Which isn't going to happen. 80% of the country favors gay marriage. That number has grown steadily for a LONG time. So don't EVER count on THAT happening. It is becoming politically bad to be opposed to gay marriage on the left.

My point/prediction is the will be much, much more to come on this issue, both due to the issue itself AND as a potential last straw reaction to the overall direction of the country.

If the right initiated a "last straw" measure over gay marriage, they have just solidified themselves as the most hateful generation of Americans next to the ones in the 1860's. Actually, it may even be worse, because in this case, the "State's Rights" issue isn't even close to pertinent. It is just straight up bigotry leading the charge.

I fear it could very easily get out of hand before all is said and done.

I'm not worried. Like I said, this'll all blow over in a month or so. The right will remain bitter about it and complain here and there, but it'll just be barking.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

sometimes you just have to smile, if not it gets depressing hearing how people talk about other people..

Why should anyone care about GLBTQ+ people? maybe there is no definite reason, but you would think that you would care about "Freedom" for everyone..

"I don't care about Gays or what they do"..."Everyone needs to stand together the government wants to take our guns"

do you want us with you then?

I am a bit miffed as to the response(s) I am getting about being indifferent (I don't care) regarding someone's sexuality. I would think that having indifference is the only way to be tolerant and look at someone who is another human being. If I was not clear on this, please take this as clarification.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Your logic is sickly and flawed.

Any time people take a direct statement and portray it at its extreme to make a point they are showing that they have nothing left in their arsenal but contrived rhetoric. You have failed.

Example: you somehow equate wet-nursing and masturbation with perversion. I do not. You have a problem. You failed.

I did look up the definition of homophobe: a person who fears, hates, or mistrusts homosexuals. I do not fear, hate or mistrust homosexuals. You failed.

One of my relatives may have been we nursed. Or had a babysitter. Or Godparents. How far will your warped logic have to go before even you admit it is absurd? Hint - you already passed that point... You failed.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

You completely missed the point of the entire conversation and went straight to juvenile name calling. (Mods, are personal attacks and name calling acceptable use of the forums?)

I have the right to my opinion and my belief in the grand design. By your disliking heterosexuality can I assume you would see the entire race extinct? (I can play the take-take-it-to-the-extreme game too)

Lots of things are 'everywhere'. That doesn't make them ok. Again, that is the argument of the lost cause. He did it, why cant I? wah wah wah

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One thing clearly illustrated by all of these marriage equality threads is that the people who are against marriage equality come up with some of the most contrived, ignorant, immature, and mind-bogglingly ridiculous nonsense to justify their opinions that I have ever seen.

The anti-gay folks are going to great lengths to avoid saying "I don't like homos cause I think they're icky" or "My preacher says it's wrong so I think it's wrong too" which are really the only excuses for being against gay marriage. All the other claims are only distractions and desperate attempts to apply rationality to a mindset that is obviously irrational.

Not a single argument against marriage equality holds up under scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What happened to you leaving this thread way back on Pg. 1?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
The 1st amendment is about free speech?..Its about not forcing ones lifestyle, religion or opinion on anyone else

KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND IN THE CLOSET WHERE IT BELONGS

So people have been trying to turn you gay?

Do you not see the irony in your statement: "It's about not forcing ones lifestyle, religion or opinion on anyone else"?

Do you not agree that, up until this SCOTUS ruling, gay marriage was banned in certain states because some people's lifestyle, RELIGION, and OPINION was being forced on everyone else?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There are plenty of 'talking points' that can and are used to rebut my points.

None move me to revise my view/line on the issue. My 'proof' is empirical.

Yours is slick spin of a simple truth. More and more are recognizing that fact. A line is forming and the indulgences will come at a higher and higher price.

As history shows, traditional values come to an end in every previous civilization. Following that, the indulgences also come to an end....as will the current ones, sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

There are plenty of 'talking points' that can and are used to rebut my points.

None move me to revise my view/line on the issue. My 'proof' is empirical.

Yours is slick spin of a simple truth. More and more are recognizing that fact. A line is forming and the indulgences will come at a higher and higher price.

As history shows, traditional values come to an end in every previous civilization. Following that, the indulgences also come to an end....as will the current ones, sooner or later.

Your cryptic talk about revolution or whatever you're implying is ridiculous.

Nobody is going to "rise up" over this issue. Some folks will whine for awhile but once they realize that the sky isn't actually falling, everything will return to normal.

Losers always whine. Mature losers get over it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

'Right or correct' doesn't even enter into it, from my view. there will be a response. I hope it's only a fit, as you say.

I suspect you already know what I'm saying is true, otherwise why even bother with the issue? After all, 'you've already won. LOL.

I sense trepidation from the OP and the 'supporters' of gay rights. Be it instinctive or analytical, the need to defend the position is proof enough for me that you all know damn well this isn't over...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

'Right or correct' doesn't even enter into it, from my view. there will be a response. I hope it's only a fit, as you say.

For the sake of YOUR group, you better hope it's only a fit. Because if y'all go "last resort" on the country, there will be no organized resistance like the Civil War. Y'all will just get swatted rather quickly. Like I said, 80% of the country favors gay marriage. That includes many of your homies in the south and bible belts.

Though there WILL be a bunch of assholes that act independently because of this. That is already happening.

I suspect you already know what I'm saying is true, otherwise why even bother with the issue? After all, 'you've already won. LOL.

What? I can't prevent people from being sore losers. Some people react VERY poorly to having their ego smashed, and this was a BIG smash to many Christians in this country. They still LOST the argument though.

I sense trepidation from the OP and the 'supporters' of gay rights. Be it instinctive or analytical, the need to defend the position is proof enough for me that you all know damn well this isn't over...

The need to defend the position is because we are on a discussion forum, we are all here to discuss topics, and you are spouting ignorance.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Excuse me, but you were the one saying you had to pray that i would never become a parent.. so shoving it down whose throat?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

For the sake of YOUR group, you better hope it's only a fit. Because if y'all go "last resort" on the country, there will be no organized resistance like the Civil War. Y'all will just get swatted rather quickly. Like I said, 80% of the country favors gay marriage. That includes many of your homies in the south and bible belts.

Being in the firearm industry, I know plenty of gun owners and plenty of the folks who would be the government's worst nightmare in a "last resort" scenario. Most of them are either totally fine with gay marriage or neutral. Even the few who are against it are a bit grumpy but certainly not ready to start something over this issue.

Methinks nwtrucker hangs out with a crowd of big talkers whose mouths are writing checks their butts will never cash.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Exactly. 20% of the country isn't much and that is IF they could mobilize that entire 20%. Most likely only a portion of that 20%, say 5% would be mobilized. IF they were lucky. What's MORE likely is that we'll just get a few new Dylan Roof's who THINK their actions are going to catalyst start a Civil War, but they'll just end up uniting people against them.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: THEatsking

You completely missed the point of the entire conversation and went straight to juvenile name calling. (Mods, are personal attacks and name calling acceptable use of the forums?)

I have the right to my opinion and my belief in the grand design. By your disliking heterosexuality can I assume you would see the entire race extinct? (I can play the take-take-it-to-the-extreme game too)

Lots of things are 'everywhere'. That doesn't make them ok. Again, that is the argument of the lost cause. He did it, why cant I? wah wah wah

I'm heterosexual and getting married October 3rd.

My point was that saying what i said is the same as you thinking you have the right to come out at criticize someone else's life situation. That is a legitimate response to the bigotry that is 'disagreeing' with ones situation. What if I said I 'disagree with a man being black'? SAME THING. When did you decide to be straight? You didn't. None of us ever did.

Instead of whining how about you show, without any religious texts or quotes, why homosexuality isn't ok compared to heterosexuality?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Being in the firearm industry, I know plenty of gun owners and plenty of the folks who would be the government's worst nightmare in a "last resort" scenario. Most of them are either totally fine with gay marriage or neutral. Even the few who are against it are a bit grumpy but certainly not ready to start something over this issue.

Sure they are - according to public opinion polls - EVERYONE is in favor of faux marriage, yet when taken to the voting booth, it failed 30 out of 33 times.

I'd guess that most people just don't want to deal with the histrionics of the homosexualists and keep thier mouths shut - until they are given the chance to voice their beliefs at the ballot box.

When given the chance, the majority of Americans voted over and over and over that marriage is between one man and one woman. They walked out of the polling place and noone was screaming 'hateful bigot' at them or calling their boss trying to get them fired.

I certainly don't see anyone trying to 'start something' over this either - what I do see is a quietly fuming middle America that is getting it from both ends, and they are growing damn weary of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ask the sodomites of the late Roman Empire how it ended for them?

How about the decadents of Wiemar Germany?

When the moral compass is tossed out, in comes sloth, vulgarity, debauchery and deviance and their excess can only be borne for a short burst of wind.

Then come the Visigoths, and they come with a vengeance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join