It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first new topic and it's a rant about the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Firstly, I'm pretty new here so if this belongs in a separate place, please redirect this.

Secondly, I am from the UK (obviously) and I am seriously asking how other residents feel about the stuff below; am I the only one who feels his way? Am I wrong in the stuff that I've highlighted?

And lastly, and but in no means less importantly, how do non-UK folks see this?

- Trains. The rails are too hot. The weather is too cold. It was the wrong kind of snow/leaves/ET.

- Cancelations/delays/cattle truck class. The driver couldn't be ar$3d to turn up for work.

- Heathrow. A third runway that will boost the economy but destroy a village. Economists that
probably don't live in the flight path and have no concept of noise/fuel pollution.

- Crime. Teenager stabbing teenager. ISIS indoctrination. Paedophilia. The government (yes, tax is
theft as far as I'm concerned). Lack of punishment/deterrent. Holiday camp prisons.

- Welfare state. Mother of 1,387 children expects tax payer to pay for her 1,388th kids' shoes.

- Illegals expect, and get, preferential treatment before residents.

- NHS. A&E packed with non-A&E cases. Lack of beds. Lack of care. Money men over life-and-death.

- Budgets cuts over life-and-death. Overworked, underpaid nurses/paramedics/doctors. Admin blunders.

- Immigration. Anyone, anywhere, from anywhere, can get here. Did we deport them? Can we deport
them? Or is that too politically incorrect? Let's let the whole world in.

- Pandering. We have minority rule. PC is causing lack of freedom of speech (example: I don't agree
with XXXX but I will be shot down into the bowels of Hades for saying so). Yes Sir, Mr. EU Sir, we'll do exactly as we're told (and no, Cameron ain't gonna get no love).

- EU. No ta. They hate us. They will screw us. We all know this but the powers that be still think it's a good thing. Mark my wyrds (sic).

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Holiday camp prisons?

Care to name one?
Just one...

Not the ones I know of.
None of the ones my friends and family have been in.

I care not about the rest of your right wing parroting.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Rant on Mr C.
I agree with pretty much all you said.
UK trains suck balls compared to even some developing countries I have visited.

The NHS is being stealth co opted by the tory privitization agenda,which also sucks.

I am not anti immigration per se-if the folks have skills and truly wish to contribute and make a better life,they are welcome IMO,so are genuine asylum seekers.

But I really wish we could have criminal record checks,and prevent known violent bastards from getting a free ticket here-like Canada and Australia do.
We cannot do that while we are in the EU of course,as we no longer have control over who comes here.
The EU cretinocrats seem to think its fine to let murderers and rapists into the UK,with no checks.
Thus,unchecked evil is allowed to enter Britain,which is digusting.
I know this from experience sadly.

And the pandering PC garbage-Do not get me started on that brother,I shall probably get banned from ATS if I go into detail on that one.

Wait until the TPP gets passed by the EU(and UK)-things are due to get far worse.

Your rant is worthy.
Many share your views I think.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
HMP Moorland open, is the closest you could get to a holiday jail. That is an open jail, I dnt think open jails should count they serve a purpose. I wouldn't be booking into any of the others.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Plenty you mentioned is something many if not most of the UK are incensed about.

If I comment on them here no doubt you would get a bunch of ATS stalkers derailing your thread with accusations of racism etc. so I won't say much about it here, for now, the freedom of speech around here is on par to a communist gulag.

Though thankfully there are sane people in the world and here in the UK we tend towards a less aggressive attitude to opinions, which is a good quality.

Hopefully the EU referendum on immigration will be standard for all EU, that will solve a lot of the issues.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag. Reminds me a lot of the US , your friends across the big pond . Wonderful , isnt it

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thats a big rant sir but fair due's

You would be better off hitting them on at a time over a few weeks as they all have pro's and con's and are all worth talking about.

It was pretty hot here today so maybe that is what caused you to get it all off your chest in a single hit.

I am something of a liberal so we may cross swords at some point in the future but we will also I imagine agree on certain topics

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Who gives a crap about all that stuff.. thats the world we live in now.
adapt to it and concentrate on your own life, and fulfilling your dreams and aspirations.
You can live any life you want, if you turned your attention to that, rather than worrying about things you have now control over.
If you made a success of yourself, I can gaurentee nothing on that list will affect you..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
more bs

Go live in a prison and see for yourself the difference between that and a holiday!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Old folks jumping to their death from hospital windows rather than face the 'care'.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xturmn8
HMP Moorland open, is the closest you could get to a holiday jail. That is an open jail, I dnt think open jails should count they serve a purpose. I wouldn't be booking into any of the others.

Lol I've been there for a while, and your right .
You can play crazy golf and even order a takeaway lol .
The only thing the guards say is , leave your key to your cell if your doing a runner cos it's a pain in the arse getting a locksmith out ! Strange but true .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Are you SURE you're not talking about the good old USA? Sure as the 'train rails are hot,' we can match you on all 11 counts! I had to reread which country you were talking about.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Maybe he was just having a BAD day? As we ALL have from time to time.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Loud and clear, OP. The UK has been open for exploit for some time now. We are shadows of our former selves. Everything that made Britain a great place to live has either been sold off or given away. I can only come to the conclusion that Britain as it was, was planned to fall. I blame the British and Financial crowns, but above that, I blame ourselves. We went quietly and invited the demons into our homes.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ha!, Yes, it was hot and I'd had a particularly bad journey home in a train carriage on gas mark 7. And let's agree to disagree - it's a great way to see things from a different pov.

Oh, and the post seems to have formatted itself oddly. Had all nice bullet points and stuff. Ah well.

And actually, reading it back today with a clearer head well... I still stand by every point.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

But why should we have to put up with it? Oh, someone just knifed my grandmother through the eye. But that's just fine, it's the world we live in now.

Live any life I want? OK, I'll rob a bank for £10m and live the life of Riley. Think that'll work?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This just looks like a list taken from the Daily Mail comments section hyperbole included

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That may be one way of looking at but does it make it any less true?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That may be one way of looking at but does it make it any less true?

Well your grandmother never just got knifed through the eye did she?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19519110]MrCrow[/post

- Welfare state. Mother of 1,387 children expects tax payer to pay for her 1,388th kids' shoes.

I'm interested in kowing what you think of corporate welfare?
Have you heard about corporate welfare?
Do you know what corporate welfare is?
Do you know much money is spent on corporate welfare each year?

Has the man on the TV told you about corporate welfare?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join