It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first new topic and it's a rant about the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: Misterlondon

But why should we have to put up with it? Oh, someone just knifed my grandmother through the eye. But that's just fine, it's the world we live in now.

Live any life I want? OK, I'll rob a bank for £10m and live the life of Riley. Think that'll work?

Some one stabs your grandmother in the eye!!?? Come on fella... what kind of BS is that? Where exactly does that happen?

And of course you can have anything you want.. but your initial reaction indicates you are the type of person who always looks at for easy way out.. "Rob a bank" again what kind of BS is that?

The trick is mate think a outside the box and get of your arse and make something of your life..

My point in the previos post was that you live in a country where opportunity is around you all day everyday... everything you need is there for the taking.. and if you take the opportunities presented to you then not one thing on that list will bother you.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucagt1
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

I still think the "organised criminal syndicate" is the most viable option to make sure the majority puts in its share, lets face it if you gave everyone to opt out some would opt and and do absolutely bugger all for anybody.

It also means you could drive from an area with billiard table smooth roads in one area code to an area with the craters of the moon in the next area code, in effect a series of micro governments ruling/overseeing there own little patch much like the council authorities we already have.

Greed for money and power would eventually rule and we would have more corruption and lies than ever before, with us being fleeced by all and sundry rather than the just the governments 20%

Although you never know until its tried

Exactly!

Maybe I just have a little more faith in humanity

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I think you need to re-read your post and then ask yourself why I reacted as I did. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know but, to me, what you meant was:

"It's how the world is now. Adapt." And "You can do what you want".

For the former that meant that criminals can do what they like and get away with it and the latter that I could do what I like and get away with. So... apologies if I misread but no apologies for my reply. Oh, and "stabbing a grandmother in the eye" is really not that far fetched when you hear and read about other crimes. Hear the one about the baby made to stand in boiling water?

Edited to add:
On a side note, this thread has had recent additions but doesn't show up when the "Recent" link up the top there is clicked. Is that because not all forums show up there?
edit on 372015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Holiday camp prisons?

Care to name one?
Just one...

Not the ones I know of.
None of the ones my friends and family have been in.

I care not about the rest of your right wing parroting.

What prisons have you experience of?

A prison is meant to be a punishment, which means only the essentials should be provided, anything beyond that are luxuries and I can tell you now, I don't know where you stayed, but I've enough experiences of prisons to know that they're a life of luxury compared to pretty much every other prison in the world with the exception of perhaps the Scandinavian countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join