It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Would You Post This Sign?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You may consider this a rant, but it is not. My spouse was telling me today about a situation where a customer was giving them an order while on the phone and did not even remember what they had ordered and the customer behind them got annoyed and said get out of the way, the person on the phone ignored them and continued to stand in the way while still on the phone, my spouse asked the other customer what they wanted and proceeded to get it for them, the customer on the phone got irate and told my spouse they were going to get the manager.

While the jerk went to find the manager, 10 customers got service and when the manager came over several of the customers applauded the service they had just received. Later that day a sign was posted for all to see, No Service For Customers On Phones!

Aside from the obvious places like driving and school zones where would you post this sign?

Ever been in the line at a particular place and the person in front of you is on their phone text messaging or talking and the clerk is standing there waiting to take care of them?

Ever been at the movies and somebody is on their phone?

Technology has its place and I am grateful to have the ability to stay in touch, just a bit ridiculous how rude people can be though.

If I were the clerk, I would ignore the person on their phone and help the next customer.

If I were in the movie I would tell the person to quit being so selfish.

I do not want to be eating dinner next to some jerk and have to listen to their drama.

I do not want to be in the doctors office listening to a conversation about trivial BS.

You know what I do? I will stand there in front of someone and listen to their conversation and wait for them to say, "excuse me this is private", so I can tell them, "they are in public". If you do not want me to listen then get lost. Do not expect me to shut my ears.

I will turn around at a restaurant and stare at someone until they give me a dirty look, "do you mind?", no not if you don't mind me picking my nose and flicking it at you?

They want to be rude, I can be rude back.

Have some common courtesy. Get the hell off your phone and join the real world in front of you, you know, the one where you are taking a public space and making it your own private conversation, where you expect everyone around you to respect your privacy, respect is a 2 way street and those of you using your phone in public have no right to privacy and I will not let you have it while I am forced to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
At my front door.

For sure!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That would be an excellent place!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I need this sign at my house, and I'll be taking one with me wherever I go.

Every time my friends come over they never get off their phone, even when THEY decided to do something (like watch a movie). It's as if super glue magically appears on their hands at times and they can't get off their phones until it go's away.

It's the same thing when going out places or even at the movie theaters lol. Then when you talk to them, they are unresponsive, forget what the conversation/topic was, forget what they were saying, or it's as if whatever was happening never happened because they don't pay attention or they get quickly sucked back into their phone. They are literally zombies and I don't really consider them friends anymore due to this

Now recently my dad who is in his late 40s has turned into a zombie as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Nice rant
reminded me of being behind a person buying scratch and win tickets at the corner store ,while my intention was to jaunt in and out to get milk and bread . It's amazing the many choices of lottery tickets they make available to the public .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You may consider this a rant, but it is not. My spouse was telling me today about a situation where a customer was giving them an order while on the phone and did not even remember what they had ordered and the customer behind them got annoyed and said get out of the way, the person on the phone ignored them and continued to stand in the way while still on the phone, my spouse asked the other customer what they wanted and proceeded to get it for them, the customer on the phone got irate and told my spouse they were going to get the manager.

While the jerk went to find the manager, 10 customers got service and when the manager came over several of the customers applauded the service they had just received. Later that day a sign was posted for all to see, No Service For Customers On Phones!

Aside from the obvious places like driving and school zones where would you post this sign?

Ever been in the line at a particular place and the person in front of you is on their phone text messaging or talking and the clerk is standing there waiting to take care of them?

Ever been at the movies and somebody is on their phone?

Technology has its place and I am grateful to have the ability to stay in touch, just a bit ridiculous how rude people can be though.

If I were the clerk, I would ignore the person on their phone and help the next customer.

If I were in the movie I would tell the person to quit being so selfish.

I do not want to be eating dinner next to some jerk and have to listen to their drama.

I do not want to be in the doctors office listening to a conversation about trivial BS.

You know what I do? I will stand there in front of someone and listen to their conversation and wait for them to say, "excuse me this is private", so I can tell them, "they are in public". If you do not want me to listen then get lost. Do not expect me to shut my ears.

I will turn around at a restaurant and stare at someone until they give me a dirty look, "do you mind?", no not if you don't mind me picking my nose and flicking it at you?

They want to be rude, I can be rude back.

Have some common courtesy. Get the hell off your phone and join the real world in front of you, you know, the one where you are taking a public space and making it your own private conversation, where you expect everyone around you to respect your privacy, respect is a 2 way street and those of you using your phone in public have no right to privacy and I will not let you have it while I am forced to deal with it.

You forgot one thing...the number of people that don't talk, they shout down the fecking thing, and while most of the time it's idle chatter. Mobiles are today's monster, and what a waste of money in calls.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yeah, I have done that before, I think he got the idea from me! I will repeat everything they say and wait for the look!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It is amazing how addicted people are to their cell phones. I have a cheap one where you can buy a card for your minutes when you need them. Usually it is to be in touch with my elderly Mother when I am away from home. She is 91 and lives on her own. It is rude of people to be on the damned things constantly in Doctor's offices and elsewhere where others are forced to hear their stupid conversations.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How about a public restroom.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Your next purchase?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Everywhere possible-kinda kidding but have a point here. Because common decency has been forgotten it seems.

So many obvious places to not use the phones but it happens;

Cars: Every new car needs one right on the steering wheel to serve as a reminder. No one is listening to laws that had to be passed to stop this(more laws sadly because people won't listen). Yeah, okay, that's overreaching but am fearful of my safety! I believe in defensive driving but damn it's going beyond that when cellphone drivers nearly aim at me any chance given!
Sidewalks
Store lines, -OP-gotta point there
Grocery store customers blocking isles
Book stores and libraries(or what's left of them-RIP).
Bikes-Well, they probably lack a helmet as well-ouch.
to...
Movies-go to the lobby
Hospitals-goes without saying

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Where Would You Post This Sign?

somewhere in the 1990's

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Nope. Just a plain old conversation starter. A rant would have been much more angry!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
How about a public restroom.

As one of those places, minus us ladies sometimes(makeup, gossip, what have you),you want to get in and out as fast as possible. But when issues occur having to hear someone talk loudly and or stick around makes it more uncomfortable. Plus can be kind of...creepy.

link   
It's completely out of hand. I don't even assume drunk when someone is all over the road anymore. I assume texting. Dumb asses on their phones, holding up the flow of traffic.

Then there's the people without the common decency to get off the damn phone while checking out at the grocery store. I can' even go there without getting this whole post removed.

My blood pressure goes up just thinking about those assholes and their oh so important phones.

link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I've seen that behavior too many times to count. It's rude. I'd like to see it in check out lines and movie theaters.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

If you are in a stall, no harm no foul, but I would not want to have a conversation while I am trying to poop!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Wouldn't it be great if the phone did not work while the car was moving?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

You must be really young! They were around in the 80's!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join