It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Would You Post This Sign?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Agreed, a few bad apples and whatnot...

But where does it go from there...implantable telepathy? [short whistle] Scary, that is...
or how about the butchering of language by way of textese [sic]. Soon people will not laugh anymore just staring out vacantly into they're glowing screens with low murmurs of lol lol lol... lol, I still use that one from time to time, hard one to shake that one is...

Sometimes, I wonder what language will be like in twenty years...will Textese [sic] be taught in our schools as a second language (if it is not already); will the babies first words be low murmurs of lol lol lol, as the stare vacantly into a glowing screen? More importantly was "Idiocracy" prophetic?

Peace,
Liberty Lost

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You have a bigger problem then just cell phones...you need a marriage counselor!

Or just more important things to talk about, I guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LibertyLost

Your concerns about the younger generation are quite valid, but there is another side to it. My grandson who is five can read and write just as well as many adults, and he learnt by having text conversations with me (via the pc). If his spelling is off I will pull him up on it, if he's been particularly clever with his words I praise him. "textese" is not allowed.

Mobile devices are like television, they have enormous potential to teach, but instead they are used in a way that actualy inhibits learning.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Lol, I was at a stop light the other day and some guy was in the turning lane looking at his phone and showing it to his wife or whatever, and during that time he missed the arrow and held up a bunch of cars.

I looked over at him when he realized he missed the light and he face palmed. Crazy man, some people should just have their phone surgically grafted to their face.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You don't have to be such a jerk about it. Sounds like you can't wait for someone to be on their phone while inconveniencing you?
I mean, you could just ask them to take it somewhere else first. Don't have to start off with a "glaring" contest

Not to be a jerk myself. I do agree that people with phone face and phone hand are aliens from the future. All the future folk are on their devices which is why we haven't had any time travelers coming back
edit on 2-7-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: KnightFire
How about a public restroom.

But when issues occur having to hear someone talk loudly and or stick around makes it more uncomfortable. Plus can be kind of...creepy.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. As a man...when I'm in there trying to take care of business, it's uncomfortable already. Having someone in the next stall having a full on conversation just blow my mind for two reasons, 1) No one wants to talk to you while you're on the crapper. 2) The person in the next stall, (me) wants to hear your conversation. Plus the fact that all phones have cameras....yeah that's when the creepy factor comes into play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join