It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macy's is the latest to Dump Trump and his Clothing Line

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is what I was talking about, how his loose mouth is nothing but trouble. If he's having these issues at home with things he's said, imagine what would happen if he represented the US on the national stage. If businesses here at home are severing ties, I can only wonder what entire nations would do. If Mexico happened to take such offense, they could do some serious damage to OUR manufacturing in their country.

Macy's department stores severed its business ties with presidential candidate and ex-reality TV star Donald Trump on Wednesday for his remarks calling Mexican immigrants "rapists" and killers.

"We are disappointed and distressed by recent remarks about immigrants from Mexico," the company's statement read, according to CNN.

"In light of statements made by Donald Trump, which are inconsistent with Macy's values, we have decided to discontinue our business relationship with Mr. Trump and phase out the Trump menswear collection, which has been sold at Macy's since 2004," it continued.
LINK

Granted, apparently there was a Moveon petition that was (created, yes, by a liberal, Angelo Carusone, executive vice president of progressive research center Media Matters) and signed by almost a million people, which likely had a lot to do with it.

Oh, Donald, you are quite a joke. A bigoted, loose cannon.

A real Yosemite Sam of the mouth.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Oh, Donald, you are quite a joke. A bigoted, loose cannon.

That's why he is so appealing to a large segment of voters.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is just PC zeal and political shenanigans run amok IMHO.

He has been making crazy statements since, well, forever. Ask yourself why he is losing all of his business ventures based on the flamboyant, loudmouth style he has ALWAYS maintained - simply because he is now running for President?

I can't stand the guy, would never vote for him but this politcal blackballing is chilling.

Who is next?

This "social justice" bull# is the most dangerous trend in a long while. Also this has shades of Corporate Fascism as well.

edit on 7/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Indeed, and which is quite pathetic that such a large number of people agree with his sentiments and one reason why our country is in trouble. :/

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The guy is nothing but a hypocrite anyway. He stands up and gives a speech about making America strong but he has his stuff made overseas.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Never before have I had so much animosity for Trump. A drunk friend the other night was texting how great he would be for president. I had my suspicions about his right wing tendencies but now I know for sure to write the bugger off. Trump is a bigger idiot than all candidates ever in history imo. There is a very fine line between having things go your way to sudden death. Trump (hopefully) loses his shirt over the next few years and hopefully Karma does its thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

He may be running for the nomination...but he won't get it...for (I think) obvious reasons.

I do also think that his way of talking is shaking things up quite a bit among the other Republican candidates...and because of his uncensored mouth... the other candidates will have to discuss some topics I don't think they really want to talk about.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
imagine what would happen if he represented the US on the national stage. If businesses here at home are severing ties, I can only wonder what entire nations would do. If Mexico happened to take such offense, they could do some serious damage to OUR manufacturing in their country.

What about after trade deals and investor dispute. He could sue countries for damaging his businesses.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ah, I see the political assassination of Trump is moving along nicely.

Don't get me wrong, guy is 110% crazy, but he's also a threat to the establishment.

He's the ONE candidate that's not running on lobbyist and super-pac dollars, so clearly these groups fear having a president that is not beholden to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

He had a clothing line at Macy's? What was he endorsing, bad toupees?

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ask yourself why he is loosing all of his business ventures based on the flamboyant, loudmouth style he has ALWAYS maintained - simply because he is now running for President?

I would say that has a lot to with it. When people run for president they have to watch their p's and q's because coming across like a racist not only hurts his campaign but the people and companies that are connected to him.

link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Never before have I had so much animosity for Trump. A drunk friend the other night was texting how great he would be for president. I had my suspicions about his right wing tendencies but now I know for sure to write the bugger off. Trump is a bigger idiot than all candidates ever in history imo. There is a very fine line between having things go your way to sudden death. Trump (hopefully) loses his shirt over the next few years and hopefully Karma does its thing.
You'd write off a friend simply because of their political leanings?

Oh dear, that makes you just as much of a bigot as the people you claim to be better than.

EDIT: Re-reading your post makes me realize you weren't writing your friend off, but Trump.

I apologize.
edit on 1-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

He had a clothing line at Macy's? What was he endorsing, bad toupees?

I think it was neckties and shirts.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Suits made in China and water bottled from CA aquifers, I think.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Who is next?

This "social justice" bull# is the most dangerous trend in a long while. Also this has shades of Corporate Fascism as well.

I know what you are saying but as a retailer, mfger, wholesaler myself....I don't need to have clowns associated with my products. It's hard enough to attract customers as it is. This business climate is so competitive, added BS just isn't welcome in the marketplace.

Is it really "social justice" or marketing savy....
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

lol. I'm a bigot? My ex friend supports a bigot and I made the right choice not to be friends with him. How does that make me a bigot? Clearly anyone who supports Trump is an idiot. I don't have idiot friends. Maybe you do?

ETA: no, you were right the first time

2nd eta: I didn't write him off just because of this. It was the final nail anyway.
edit on 1-7-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would be interested to know if the collection was doing good business at Macy's. Or is this just a convenient opportunity to cut ties on a failed venture?

No matter what you think of Trump or Macy's, it's more than odd for Macy's to let politics and/or a vocal crowd make business decisions for them, especially if it was previously profitable. As the saying goes, "It's just business". Until it's personal...or political. I'd be interested to know which influential Dems or even GOPers sit on the board of Macy's and NBC. Because, don't kid yourselves, THAT is what this is about. Elite politics.

But back to the little people, the sheep who go where we are herded...the left doesn't want the right dictating their life choices....it's hypocritical for them to turn around and try to dictate to anyone else what they can buy or who they do business with.

Enough of this crap already. Just because your house has rats, you don't burn it down. Nevertheless, that's what we are currently doing in this country.
edit on 7/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Very true. It is concerning that's he's being blackballed, but now that he has an even greater platform from which to speak, he's becoming a different *kind* of public figure, and is fair game.

But since corporations are now *people,* and since he is in the game, he needs to watch who he offends. Similar to corporations spending money to support or attack candidates, they also have their own base, and since it's business (profit), they have to do what's necessary to maintain their business interests and goals.

The social justice phenomenon is indeed interesting. I only wonder what it will be like in 15-20 years.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

lol. I'm a bigot? My ex friend supports a bigot and I made the right choice not to be friends with him. How does that make me a bigot? Clearly anyone who supports Trump is an idiot. I don't have idiot friends. Maybe you do?

ETAL no, you were right the first time

Oh I was right the first time?

Wow, so you ARE just as bigoted as the people you say you're better than.

What a shame. Why is that? I'm left-leaning myself, and some of my best friends lean right. Tell me, of the candidates on the right, who is the best among them? Jeb? Walker? Graham?

Or are they ALL bigots in their own way? I mean, several of them have very cleverly avoided endorsing the recent ruling on marriage equality. Does anyone who supports any republican candidate come under your scrutiny for removal from what is becoming a quite exclusive list of your friends?

Just because a friend supports one candidate, you'd drop them as a friend? How very progressive of you.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The market is working the way markets work. No one is telling companies to disassociate from Trump. They're dumping him because they perceive his image is no longer valuable to them to help sell stuff.

If you want to make a buck selling stuff, then controversy is not your friend. Paula Deen, anyone? Couple of hundred other examples of that as well.

That bluster and loose cannon shtick may work bullying your way around corporate real estate deals, and you'll sure appeal to a segment of the public. A segment big enough to get a presidential nomination from a major party? I have serious doubts.

I agree some of his outbursts will be a good thing, if it requires the Stepford Candidates to actually address some things they'd prefer to not, so he's at least serving that function.

For me, Trump's about as far removed from Presidential as it gets. He's like the anti-Teddy Roosevelt. For sure the anti-Adlai Stevenson II.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join