It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macy's is the latest to Dump Trump and his Clothing Line

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Hah! Stepford Candidates. I like that. Well said sir.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

lol. I'm a bigot? My ex friend supports a bigot and I made the right choice not to be friends with him. How does that make me a bigot? Clearly anyone who supports Trump is an idiot. I don't have idiot friends. Maybe you do?

ETA: no, you were right the first time

2nd eta: I didn't write him off just because of this. It was the final nail anyway.

So you're intolerant of his perceived intolerance.

How tolerant.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying but what you don't know is, there's a history you have no idea about. First, when a friend says accidental oil spills is just the cost of doing business you might raise an eyebrow. Anything subsequential to that will tend to create red flags. People really can be categorized into a few areas and politics is a great way to know someone. I'm left, your left, and we may have some right leaning friends but for the most part, we never know what our preferences are. Somethings are still best left private. Or is it? If you knew just half the stuff about your friends, you probably wouldn't like it and would be met with an awkward state of cognitive dissonance towards them. Then all it would take is just one more stupid thing and that's it. I had been sitting in cognitive dissonance for quite some time already, this Trump thing was all I could take.

I'm no bigot. Just someone with integrity.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think people care. I doubt that most people buying Trump products from Macy's even know it's a Donald Trump product.

If people really cared about the US politically they would stop buying from Walmart, democrats in particular given their hatred towards corporations in general. Yet, I would wager that the majority of Walmart customers are democrats.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, I'm heading off to Macy's to stock up on Trump wear. ebay customers will be standing in line to buy that crap as a "curiosity" from the circus that has become American politics.

Billy Beer anyone?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Danke

It's easy to make this proclamation when you live in the city. Go move to a small town and see how easy it is to shop in places other than Wal-mart. I don't like the place either and rarely go to it, but even I understand that completely boycotting it isn't an option to many people.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So you're intolerant of his perceived intolerance.

That makes no sense. Your cliche isn't in the right context of this discussion.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hear ya, but there are still other options. Start a vegetable garden, or buy a costco membership and make the trek once a month to the nearest city and stock up. If you can't survive without Walmart that is sad, and maybe survival of the fittest needs to rear it's head again.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Jimmy Carville and Mary Matalin have been married for 25 years.

I'm just sayin.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That's a little more understandable, but I still struggle to understand why you'd drop a friend due to political leanings. Now if he was a blatant racist or homophobe I'd probably agree with you. Though, that may simply be indicative of where our particular "lines" lay, that cannot be crossed.

I don't agree with a LOT of what Trump says, but at least he's real and not some cookie cutter caricature of a politician. I'm so tired of those kinds of candidates, so seeing Trump with his firebrand and inflammatory rhetoric is refreshing, even if I don't agree with it. Maybe your friend thinks the same way. Perhaps he (or she) is displeased with the current crop of Republican candidates and likes Trump because he's such a departure from the "accepted" politics.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When Macy's does this, everyone cheers because Trump is not one of "their own".

When Chick-fil-a or Hobby Lobby takes a political stand, then all hell breaks loose.

I lol out loud laughing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's pure insanity and people are lapping it up. How few can see the hypocrisy is surreal.
It's okay because Trump is rich I guess... wth?

edit on 7/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm certainly not cheering. I didn't cheer when Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby did their crap either.

Businesses playing politics on either side of the aisle is stupid in my book. Just sell crap, don't tell me what your political leanings are. Keep that to board rooms, golf courses, and back room deals.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It's pure insanity and people are lapping it up. How few can see the hypocrisy is surreal.

It all comes down to filters. We all have them. They adjust how we see the world. My filters are different from yours. As they are different from everyone elses.

It creates blind spots in how people perceive the world.

It's how they can call laws "Patriot" or "Freedom" acts and get away with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Ah, I see the political assassination of Trump is moving along nicely.

It's not a political assassination...Trump is committing suicide by repeatedly shooting himself in the foot.

It's entertaining is a surreal way. American politics at it's finest!!!

All candidates are now under the microscope, maybe this will be a lesson to them.........naaaahhhhhh
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If a business wants to cater to a specific political demographic, then they should be able to.

They just shouldn't whine about it when it bites them in the ass, however.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Trump is loosing a lot of money so far in this election

In the end he may even up with a law suit here or there but so far Trump is getting fleeced by his own ego

I think he may be or have had second thoughts about this endeavor.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Right, I won't decry their ability to go political, of course. But I stopped eating at Chik-Fil-A once they did their crap. Not because I support gay rights, but because I just want a freaking chicken sandwich, hold the politics.

Businesses have every right to go all political. But I will then exercise MY right to spend my dollars elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Huh, his silk ties are actually pretty nice.

I never thought I'd actually *like* anything "Trump" -- but I have one and it's not bad. I didn't pay full retail though as I bought it at Burlington Coat Factory. Protip: cheap suits there...just get a good tailor

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Businesses playing politics on either side of the aisle is stupid in my book. Just sell crap, don't tell me what your political leanings are. Keep that to board rooms, golf courses, and back room deals.

This is the crux of the issue.

I hate spending my hard earned money as it is, I don't want to have to worry about the politics of it any more than I have to or already do. I can just barely stomach the nature of corporations as it is, much less when they start using wedge issues to gin up votes, erm, I mean consumers. But there is little difference between the two anymore and that's what they want.

You're either Coke or Pepsi. Wal Mart or Target. McDs or Burger King. Dem or GOP.
edit on 7/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join