It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon wants a drug so that soldiers don't feel fear of death.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
"(DARPA) hosted a conference this week, where the agency challenged labs to come up with this drug with ability to control human fear and anxiety, which will get funding from the Pentagon..."

You gotta be pretty slow if you think it's a good idea to join US army to fight future wars.

Wanna be a BORG drone, well in the future you'll get your chance. Be patient.

skywatchtv.com... n-and-delivery-of-modification/

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

What about the old cop excuse?

"He could have been on PCP. You know PCP makes you 10xs stronger with no fear......"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Just pump 'em full of bath salts.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Just pump 'em full of bath salts.

Well you know government

They want more expensive stuff ...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The Nazis used amphetamines. I guess we've reached that level of depravity.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

So did Spitfire pilots in WW2.

www.videojug.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

LOL the "war" on drugs is for civilians only, mind altering crap is good on the grunts though. Pathetic war pigs.

Good for the government, not so good for the taxpayer.

edit on 1-7-2015 by CyberSonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I know it's possible. It is probably something that the drug companies cannot think of. Bio-electrical-that's an interesting way to put it! Good luck to them formulating something like that. I predict that it will happen, sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Alcohol...Many a person has come a cropper doing stupid stuff on alcohol.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
ISIS use a lot of methamphetamine apparently.
Sort of explains a lot.

How about get all the armies of the world hopped up on MDMA and skunk-then there wouldn't be any need for wars,and they could spoend the money they save on the planets biggest soundsytem.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Quick Karla, the Valium ray!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It seems counter productive. Spend time and money training a soldier to fight, only for him or her to get killed due to the absence of fear making them take decisions in the heat of battle, that will probably get themselves and their comrad5 killed.

Doses of fear is a good thing imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
The Nazis used amphetamines. I guess we've reached that level of depravity.

I guess you didn't know that the British, US, and Japanese used amphetamines during WW2 as well and the US issued them to soldiers in mass amounts during the Vietnam era.

Frequently the war crimes committed by U.S., German, British and Japanese troops during World War II were the result of the maniacal effects of drugs like the amphetamines. The same is true for the U.S. troops in the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Maybe the gentleman at DARPA should fight the Wars themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

So did Spitfire pilots in WW2.

www.videojug.com...

And the Japanese working day and night on the war machines:

A friend with speed is a friend indeed

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
ISIS use a lot of methamphetamine apparently.
Sort of explains a lot.

How about get all the armies of the world hopped up on MDMA and skunk-then there wouldn't be any need for wars,and they could spoend the money they save on the planets biggest soundsytem.

I would enlist!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They need to look no further than the Morphine/Ativan cocktail Hospice uses.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The U.S. Air Force uses dextroamphetamine as one of its "go pills", given to pilots on long missions to help them remain focused and alert. Conversely, "no-go pills" are used after the mission is completed, to combat the effects of the mission and "go-pills".[133][134][135][136] The Tarnak Farm incident was linked by media reports to the use of this drug on long term fatigued pilots. The military did not accept this explanation, citing the lack of similar incidents. Newer stimulant medications or awakeness promoting agents with different side effect profiles, such as modafinil, are being investigated and sometimes issued for this reason.[134]

Source

Lot of air forces use 'go pills' and if you're in the military you're usually far more likely to be being prescribed something such a betablocker. There are publicly available documents discussing the military's 'war on sleep' and various other pieces from the last few decades. This isn't an American thing I think. It's just what happens when the stakes are raised so high that people start dying.

The military is in the business of making all their recruits the same. Pills is just another way to achieve that end.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It sounds like a stupid idea to me.
The fear of death is what keeps many soldiers alive at certain points in combat. If you watch any combat videos of ISIS members getting killed, it is largely because they are advancing without using available cover and the people shooting them (most Peshmerga videos that I have watched) are doing so from very good cover.
From what I have seen, their fearlessness doesn't help them, it allows them to be killed.

I wouldn't know why we would want to have our soldiers operate in that manner.

The use of amphetamines in WWII was mainly to keep pilots awake on long missions in single seat planes.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I would think the lack of fear, would actually make a soldier worse off. It would limit their ability to make certain natural human reactions based off fear. Like survival, thats a big one Hmmmmm. Without fear, what sttops a soldier from walking right out into a gun fight without, the fear of death. This is stupid IMO

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join